Husband's attitude

Options

Replies

• Summertimegrl
    Options
    I think he should be able to compromise about what pizza to get. Instead of going for the same pizza for everone can't you get a think crust low cheese veggie personal pan pizza? You will still be eating pizza and staying within your diet. And not be hungry afterwards.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Selfish is what you have to be - this is about you, your health, your life. I don't have the answers but I do know support is critical. He's being kind of a jerk....
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What a blessing to have your family close, and willing to spend time together! :)
    Surely you and your husband are smart enough to come to some sort of compromise that will satisfy everyone. I have every confidence in you all.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That dude sounds like a complete *kitten*. Aint no way in hell is anyone gonna try and guilt me into eating something I don't wanna eat. Its no big deal just to go to subway on the way.

For the record my husband would be willing to go to subway on the way just to make sure I'm satisfied. If my husband can do it then so can yours.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.

NeNe-Leakes-Bam-Gif.gif

Yeah, my vote is for this.

+1

I think that if you can't just go out for a fun family event, without being strong enough to NOT have pizza, order a salad, or have ONE slice (yes, this will make you gain your 100 lbs lost back /sarcasm), I feel bad for you. Really, I do. I wouldn't want a life where I couldn't just be in a place enjoying myself, just because there's pizza around.

And you say you haven't really had a cheat meal... I wonder how you do it and if that really makes you happy. You say you salivate when you smell certain foods but you keep yourself from eating and enjoying it, you just have 2 bites?? How healthy is that? Not really, if you ask me...

ETA: agree with everyone here saying that it is a pity that you have to come on here complaining about your husband, instead of working it out... Sounds like there's bigger problems thatn Pizza Hut.
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You need to "learn" to eat at these places, you could have had a salad.
    The feeling of eating properly when the you want to indulge is a wonderful
    feeling.
    This journey has to be about you and no one else.
    :)

Do they have a pasta/salad menu? They must have a healthy option somewhere?
    Best of luck :smile:
  • Jettatastic
    Options
    I don't see it as being selfish at all. He should be supporting you, your goals and your health. He should be proud you're not caving and agreeing to the temptation of pizza! Rock that salad :)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I ASKED if I could stop at subway...

There is your mistake right there.
    If it was me it would have went like this. Oh by the way I am stopping off quick at subway on the way. The end :wink:
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I ASKED if I could stop at subway...

There is your mistake right there.
    If it was me it would have went like this. Oh by the way I am stopping off quick at subway on the way. The end :wink:

It never ocurred to me that he would CARE if we stopped at Subway so that I could pick up a salad. It is on the way. I didn't mention it again all day as his reaction was so negatively strong (still don't know why) but was hoping he would just stop. He didn't. So I had a large iceburg lettuce mix salad (the kind with a few purple cabbage and carrot specks) with mushrooms, carrot sticks, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I brought a dressing from home. No protein. (Subway would have been so much better.) Then I had 1/2 slice of pizza and 2 chicken wings for a total of 405 cals (not counting salad). So many calories for next to no nutrition. I like pizza but more the "gourmet" type like chicken, bacon, artichoke on a very thin crust (Papa Murphy's) where you can actually eat a couple of slices for reasonable cals. I kept the cals under control. Weight conts to creep off so that's a good thing.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Pizza is full of grease which makes you want another, then another, then another....

My husband gets a little frustrated with me too. He is also sarcastic about it.
    Like if I ask for just a small bite or a sip he will say nope...can't have this, calories baby calories!

Other days he will try to get me to eat something or get upset that I got a salad, saying its not healthy to eat salad because of the salad dressing.

I personally think he just gets pissed about spending the extra money on healthy food for me... he is really strict when it comes to money.
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.

NeNe-Leakes-Bam-Gif.gif

Yeah, my vote is for this.

+1

I think that if you can't just go out for a fun family event, without being strong enough to NOT have pizza, order a salad, or have ONE slice (yes, this will make you gain your 100 lbs lost back /sarcasm), I feel bad for you. Really, I do. I wouldn't want a life where I couldn't just be in a place enjoying myself, just because there's pizza around.

And you say you haven't really had a cheat meal... I wonder how you do it and if that really makes you happy. You say you salivate when you smell certain foods but you keep yourself from eating and enjoying it, you just have 2 bites?? How healthy is that? Not really, if you ask me...

ETA: agree with everyone here saying that it is a pity that you have to come on here complaining about your husband, instead of working it out... Sounds like there's bigger problems thatn Pizza Hut.

Did you read the whole thing? She was going to go and have a salad but her husband won't go unless she has pizza, where are you getting the whole "I wouldnt want a life where I couldn't just be in a place and enjoy myself, just because there's pizza around" the OP said she wanted to go but just doesn't want to eat pizza?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends who picked the restaurant. If he did, he's a ***k, IMO (fill in as you want). There are a lot of pizza places that have salads etc, and he picked the one that doesn't. I'd be peeved too.

Now if my daughter wanted to eat at Pizza Hut, and she picked the restaurant herself, yeah, I'd be a bit annoyed but I'd suck it up. I agree that 340 calories is a lot for a piece of pizza but I'd just eat less that day or have a big workout or something.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Husband wants to meet my daughter and her SO at Pizza Hut for dinner. The pizza he wants (the Crazy cheesy crust pepperoni pizza) is 390 cals/slice. To me--not worth the cals for the amount of food. Frankly, I will still be hungry. So I asked if we could stop at Subway on the way and I would get a chicken salad--150 cals for a filling meal. Pizza Hut will not care if I bring a salad--if they even noticed. I do not mind not eating pizza. He threw a fit. Said I don't need to diet all the time and can eat a pizza--it won't hurt me. No, it won't hurt me--but I will feel more deprived with 1 piece when I would want 2 or 3. I have lost a lot of weight--not as fast as I would like because we do eat out a lot but I try to pick a healthy calorie conscious meal when we do eat out. I still have 75 pounds to go but more important to me I want to lose 4 pounds to get out of the 200's. I absolutely cannot remember the last time I weighed under 200 pounds. This is so important to me. So now he says if I can't eat pizza he is going to cancel and we will just stay home. Laying on the guilt. And now being overall nasty. Also said "why don't you just do an hour exercise and burn some extra calories so you can enjoy pizza." If I am going to do that I want the extra calories burned to go toward the 4 pounds I want off. Pizza is just so not worth it to me. Am I being selfish?

Eat the pizza and nothing else until the next day or work out and burn the calorie. Whats the big deal? You are not going to damage your progress for one night of pizza eating.
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    he sounds like a control freak !!! you should be able to choose what goes in your body!!!! he is being a baby!!!! pizza hut is gross anyways:sick:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Can you drive? Just go without and leave him home.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    6 Pages over a couple pieces of Pizza? Nuff said. This really isn't about the pizza for either of you...hope you work it out.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry he reacted like that. Maybe you should allow yourself a cheat meal for special events like a dinner out.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why he sounds so angry about it. Have you considered just getting a side salad from pizza hut and eating it with one slice of pizza. That will help you fill up better, and everyone can enjoy their meal.

That will work if this Pizza Hut has salads. We live in the boonies and I don't see one listed on their website which is why I just thought to bring one. I will call and check. I wish I understood his attitude, however. If I don't mind NOT eating it, why should he care?

:drinker:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Wait Pizza Hut has grilled chicken salad...just eat that.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    dude needs to chill

Tell him if he can't behave like a grown up, you'll go to dinner with your daughter and her SO without his *kitten*.

Haha love this.