Husband's attitude

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    How in the heck did this become 6 pages of people bickering?
    Good lord if you all have that much pent up frustration you definitely have some energy to burn so go workout!

Now for the OP , commendable job losing the weight. Pizza Hut should have some alternatives or you could simply go eat a small slice (1/2 a slice) and drink water with a mini-meal previously or even afterwards. Or even bring a protein shake with you and have that with a small slice.

As most have said though asking for marital advise on a website typically leads to disaster I'm not sure if you knew that or not. Someone hit it perfectly when they said "talk to your husband" none of us matter as much as him and if anyone here mattered as much then you have bigger issues.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.

NeNe-Leakes-Bam-Gif.gif

Yeah, my vote is for this.

+1

I think that if you can't just go out for a fun family event, without being strong enough to NOT have pizza, order a salad, or have ONE slice (yes, this will make you gain your 100 lbs lost back /sarcasm), I feel bad for you. Really, I do. I wouldn't want a life where I couldn't just be in a place enjoying myself, just because there's pizza around.

And you say you haven't really had a cheat meal... I wonder how you do it and if that really makes you happy. You say you salivate when you smell certain foods but you keep yourself from eating and enjoying it, you just have 2 bites?? How healthy is that? Not really, if you ask me...

ETA: agree with everyone here saying that it is a pity that you have to come on here complaining about your husband, instead of working it out... Sounds like there's bigger problems thatn Pizza Hut.

Did you read the whole thing? She was going to go and have a salad but her husband won't go unless she has pizza, where are you getting the whole "I wouldnt want a life where I couldn't just be in a place and enjoy myself, just because there's pizza around" the OP said she wanted to go but just doesn't want to eat pizza?

^^ I second this motion
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lgssetGect1qgt9x4o1_500.gif

Nope. Just read your profile. Seriously you deserve more and better.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    All I can say with certainty is that this is not about the pizza.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    He's a big baby. Sounds like he is just hungry and being lame. My boyfriend has an attitude when he is hungry, he gets super irritable. He needs to get over it.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Imho, you did very well with the food options! And congrats on your weight loss journey :-)
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    I ASKED if I could stop at subway...

There is your mistake right there.
    If it was me it would have went like this. Oh by the way I am stopping off quick at subway on the way. The end :wink:
    tumblr_m632v5qHbH1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have to go with the husband on this one. Sorry but even in your op you sound desperate to lose those last 4 pounds. I don't think it is fair for people to attack the husband when all you have is one side. How do we know how she acts? The frustration came from somewhere. Maybe he is tired of the obsession and Just wants to enjoy a freaking pizza with the family. Also I would be so embarrassed if my SO brought food from one place into another. That is disrespectful to the establishment and very tacky in general. I can see how he might be frustrated I would be too. Of course I could be wrong I would have to get his side of the story.
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Usually when some relatively minor incident sparks an out of proportion reaction there is something else going on. He may be jealous and/or insecure about your progress and feeling guilty that he hasn't taken the same steps you have. Or it could be something totally unrelated.

I confess to not reading every entry in this thread but is he carrying extra weight?

You guys need to have a conversation and not only about how you are together going to handle your dietary wishes.

I was having a hard time losing when it was only me. When my wife got on board and decided she wanted to lose some weight things really turned around. I'm not sure "fun" is exactly the right word to use but I could say that we've had fun losing weight together. Maybe "rewarding" is a better word. I hope you guys can get to that point. Good luck.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    You could get your own personal pizza, go light on cheese and heavy on veggies. All would not be lost.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You are not being selfish! I can't have just one slice of pizza. Heck, if I had one slice, I would end up eating the whole pie at one sitting!

I feel the same - I too can't have "1" piece of pizza... food to me is like alcohol to an alcoholic. I'm so sorry he doesn't seem to understand. I have family members that don't understand me either and can empathize with you on this but surely there is something on the menu that is more fitting into your menu plan.
  • MorgueBabe
    Options
    Also jumping about the bringing in food thing.
    I do it often. I don't eat meat. I'm allergic to dairy, nuts, soy, fennel, raw carrots, fresh fruits (most). Eating out is a terrible terrible experience for me.
    I've gotten friendly with enough places that I can bring them my own fake meat or cheese and say make this on menu with THIS.
    But if have to bring something in and sneak it in... I give zero ******s. I really do....
    If someone says something just say you had to go out with the group and you have strict dietary need that their establishment cannot meet.