What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    a few for me:

*fit in a movie theater seat COMFORTABLY last night without having to raise the arm. first frickin' time in YEARS. (also, 'this is the end' was high-sterical)
    *my bracelet keeps falling off. :)
    *for the first time in a very, very, very long time i saw myself in the mirror this morning and thought i looked nice.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My kids are in a band and have been making the "open mic" circuit this week... I've sat in restaurants for 4 hours, two nights in a row ordering nothing but an unsweetened iced tea one night and a diet Pepsi the next. I had to stand a menu up so I wouldn't have these lovely buttery garlic bread slices staring up at me. I chewed gum until my jaws hurt! I even had calories left over so I could have eaten something, but chose not to. That's huge for me.
  • thintor
    thintor Posts: 33
    Options
    i was coming down the steps of my front porch to get to my car this morning wearing denim shorts and i kid you not, the shorts are so big on me they slid down my bum until i must've looked like some straight thuggin' gangster.

guess it's time for a belt!
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Today, I am officially too small to wear the jeans I had been hoarding in my closet and thought I may never get back into, turn outs I got into them and back out of them.... I need all new ones :)
  • StAcY_LyNn22
    StAcY_LyNn22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am comfortably wearing single digit sized pants! It feels amazing!!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I finally got out of the stall I have been in for a few weeks!
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    I'm seeing big changes in my legs..they are starting to look good..they've got a great shape going and my muscles are showing..also I can see my shoulders taking a nice shape too! =D
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing size 8 pants for a long time, which I realize isn't an awful thing, but today I put on a size 6 for the first time in months and they fit! In fact, instead of being tight like they used to be, they're actually kind of loose! I've had to pull them up a bit a few times today, whereas before they we uncomfortable to sit in at all. I'm super excited about it since the past few weeks have been less than perfect in terms of what I've been eating due to family gatherings and whatnot, so I'm happy I haven't gained anything back. I'm also excited because while I don't think I look any smaller than when I started, this proves that I definitely am!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My NSV I was able to fit size 36 shorts today and medium shirt..YAY
  • skesterline
    Options
    Someone at work told me they can tell I've lost weight. That is the first time someone outside of my parents has made a comment. Made me feel good.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just noticed today that my work uniforms are looser ! They were very tight 16 days ago !!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Purchased a really cute simi formal dress a year ago because it was in my favorite color and great price. I knew I couldn't get into it when I bought it. But TODAY I was able to get onto it and side zip it all the way up!!!! (Haven't tried to sit down..mabe next month lol)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hm, probably when I realized I was running down a major public street on my run (and that I was doing so pre-shower). Public appearances pre-shower, and public exercise, were NOT something I was comfortable with even last year :smile:.

Slowly shifting my perspective!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Saw my abs for the 1st time in my life last night, barely, the light has to be positioned just so, I gotta flex and arch real hard, but I saw em' :smile:
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today I realized that my swimsuit top is getting to big. I nearly avoided a wardrobe malfunction during water zumba. Also I'm starting to see my collarbones. BOOM
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.

My condolences for you and your family's loss.

Everyone- What does NSV mean? Thank you.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    :) I went from 20 laps in the pool to 60!! yes!!!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Everyone- What does NSV mean? Thank you.

NSV = Non-Scale Victory, so something that affirmed your progress without hopping on the scale :smile:
  • bzign
    bzign Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bought myself a new sports bra and could actually fit the standard size without extenders :-) This means I have lost 2 band sizes since last time I bought a bra :-)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill with inclines for more than 30 seconds at a time. Incline at 12% and ran for a minute! woo
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!