What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My son asked me how in the world I gained back all of the weight I've recently lost. Then he stopped and said, oh, wait, you're just wearing really baggy clothes!

These clothes are my husband's shorts that used to be way too small for me and a tank top that is now apparently too baggy as well.

Even though he didn't word it quite the way I'd have liked to have heard it, I know what he meant and how proud he is of me! Can't beat that from a (nearly) 17 year old boy! :D
  • andreamontes30
    andreamontes30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I worked a night shift last night, drove four hours to get home with zero sleep. Was going to go to sleep when I got home but couldn't so I got up and started watching TV and snacking and messing around on MYFITNESSPAL when I decided instead to get my a** up and workout. I did 70 minutes on the elliptical at a 15 resistance. Woot!
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I didn't make the best decisions for lunch today, and in the past while trying so hard to be on "diets", I would've completely blown the rest of my day. However, I stopped mid-way through what I was doing and realized that I was eating based on boredom. Then got my son in his stroller and we went for a walk to burn off 200+ calories. Old me NEVER would've done that and I didn't realize how big it was for me until I completed today's entry :)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Earlier today the doctor told me, "You've lost weight, haven't you?" and it wasn't even my appointment. :-) My partner (whose appointment it was) then chimed in about how hard I've been working. That makes it a double NSV!

Love your pillbug avatar, GormanGhaste.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    A tiny NSV for me today, and actually my first NSV that I can think of: I'm going to my mom's for a couple of days tonight, and for the first time since I can remember I'm actually packing workout clothes so that I can continue my C25K program while I'm there :) I'm a little proud of myself for sticking with it!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I will have to use yesterday. I had very little sugar in my diet
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,228 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a friend said 'your jeans are getting all baggy at the back' . I realised I had to keep hitching them up as they were sagging. They are my newish size 14 UK skinny jeans!
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I bought a weight set today and pretty sure I've found my calling. I cannot weight (lol see what I did there) until my next weight session :happy:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This is yesterday's, but I'll post it anyway. The stats for the sprint triathlon I was in Sunday were posted. I cut 30 seconds of my time for the 1/3- mile swim and 6.5 minutes off the 9-mile bike ride compared to when I did this race in 2011. Same bike- it's the heart rate monitor I use that motivates me to step up my workout pace when I'm getting lazy. Can't compare the 5K time with 2011 since the last part was a 3K last year, but my total time was only 3 minutes slower despite the extra 2K on the last leg.

Even better, this is for a local competition among companies and I was just hired by this company late last year, at age 59. I told 'em I'd get into all the distance events (mile run, half-mile run, 5K, 200 meter swim). You can rack up massive points in this age group even with moderate times because there's so little competition. And I delivered!
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.

I'd like to extend my deep condolences for you and your family's loss and pain.
    Blessings and strength to you and yours.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My work pants are loose and saggy in the butt.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My work pants are loose and saggy in the butt.

Yeah, that's happened to me. I joked to DH that I had to take my pants to the tailor for a butt-lift!
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was able to put a size 6 on. I couldn't button them but the fact that I could even get them up that far was exciting. lol
  • Jenny_Ren1
    Jenny_Ren1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have definition, and *gasp* even a muscle, in my biceps! Don't remember the last time I've had definition anywhere on my body! :happy:
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I sewed a sundress a month or so ago. I've already altered it once. I'm wearing it at work today...I need to alter it again.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran the Race for Life 10k in 61 minutes
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have short legs and when you combined that with my fat waist, I always had to buy pants that were 2 to 4" too long and then have them hemmed.

This past weekend I was able to buy pants that fit right off the rack! I know, not such a big deal for some of you but it's probably the first time for me since I was a teen.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Got into my "stack" this morning!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have short legs and when you combined that with my fat waist, I always had to buy pants that were 2 to 4" too long and then have them hemmed.

This past weekend I was able to buy pants that fit right off the rack! I know, not such a big deal for some of you but it's probably the first time for me since I was a teen.

That is awesome!!! Congrats!!
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    My NSV today is that my co-worker had to pin the back of my pants so they won't fall down :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!