What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• edcardenas1227
    Options
    Not sure what NSV is and what "bump" means. It looks like NSV might be something Shock value??? I don't know but you guys are talking about seeing a difference or something. Mine was my blood pressure dropping, my belt needing a new hole, and my pants falling off without the belt. That was awesome. Probably the biggest for me was when my daughter hugged me and said "Wow daddy!! I never used to be able to put my arms around you and touch my hands! Now my hands actually overlap!!!" That was awesome!
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My back and shoulder muscles are showing!!
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym has become something I do for my health, not just to burn more calories. I recently went off recording and gained about 5 pounds. I'd been struggling to stay under my current calorie level. I have no idea why it's easier now. I've got tons of calories left for today, still need to workout and it's 9:15 p.m.

Other recent NSVs: back to recording everything I eat, can do a full knee push-up, can lift my legs straight up while on my back without pain...I got crazy pain my trainer said was lack of flexibility in my hamstrings.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bump = posting to keep the thread active. It "bumps" the thread to the top.

NSV = Non Scale Victory

Nice NSVs, by the way. Every once in awhile my bf will exclaim "you're gettin' skinny!" Love when he notices, though he loves me at any size. It's nice to hear when someone who sees you pretty much every day notices.
    Not sure what NSV is and what "bump" means. It looks like NSV might be something Shock value??? I don't know but you guys are talking about seeing a difference or something. Mine was my blood pressure dropping, my belt needing a new hole, and my pants falling off without the belt. That was awesome. Probably the biggest for me was when my daughter hugged me and said "Wow daddy!! I never used to be able to put my arms around you and touch my hands! Now my hands actually overlap!!!" That was awesome!
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options

Everyone- What does NSV mean? Thank you.

NSV = Non-Scale Victory, so something that affirmed your progress without hopping on the scale :smile:

Thanks! So my NSV for today is that I am now able to fit into a pair of pants that had gotten too tight. They fit nicely too- I didn't have to wiggle and jiggle my way in. :)
  • emcdermott85
    emcdermott85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I went to buy some more gym clothes. All my others are too big now. It turns out I'm now a size 14 in AUS (I think that's a 10 in U.S.) I haven't been that size in forever. YAY.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of size large scoop-neck style t-shirts that I have to give away because they're so baggy now that they show way too much cleavage, and not even in a flattering way. Annoying to have to get rid of clothes...but great that a large is too big!
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    NSV this morning..... cleaning out clothes found some I didnt even remember I had in a bottom drawer tried them on and they FIT! felt like I went shopping...LOL :bigsmile:
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just spent nearly half an hour playing with my son by holding him up in the air, spinning, just generally holding his body weight up the whole time. I haven't really lifted him that much for that long since he was itty bitty. I felt like such a bad mom before for not being able to be more active with him, but we had so much fun this morning! My strength training is beginning to pay off!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just spent nearly half an hour playing with my son by holding him up in the air, spinning, just generally holding his body weight up the whole time. I haven't really lifted him that much for that long since he was itty bitty. I felt like such a bad mom before for not being able to be more active with him, but we had so much fun this morning! My strength training is beginning to pay off!

That's an amazing NSV. This is why it's important to strength train :)

My NSV today was to wear a dress to work without shape ups!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Running for the bus and holding up my pants or else I would lose them! That's my NSV!! :laugh:
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    WOW!! These are wonderful to read!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pair of "normal size" pants in the store in the early spring. I was SO excited to not be shopping at Lane Bryant. They were a snug fit, but a fit, so I got them. They are falling off me now! I could just about pull them off me without even unbuttoning them.
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    Mine is actually from a couple days ago... I ate lunch at a picnic table in a park, and sometimes it has pollen and stuff all over the benches. When I got back to work I checked my backside in the mirror in the bathroom to make sure it was clean... and realized that my dress pants are SO SAGGY in the butt now! They used to actually fit perfectly, and now they look like clown pants. A little embarrassing, since I can't afford new ones for a while, but exciting nonetheless. =)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Personal Best deadlift at the gym this morning 132lbs (I weigh 137.... SOOOOOO close to body weight!)
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal is in my top two most visited sites again! Its a small one, but one that shows I'm on the right track.
  • MissMichellemybelle
    MissMichellemybelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1) Can definitely see some more definition in my arms and legs!

2) Succesfully completed my first week of marathon training + CrossFit. I love both, and have done them independently. But this is my first try at doing 5 days a week of crossfit and a full marathon training schedule. I'm notoriously bad about skipping my mid-week runs for marathon training, but i'm determined to keep it up this time! Wekk 1, complete!
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    .My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.
    Edited by nxd10 On April 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Sorry for your loss. I too find comfort in my routine - sometimes its the only control I have.
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Last night my volleyball team won making us the only undefeated team in our league (16 teams) and we move to playoffs in the number one seed! Being healthy and active has improved my game leaps and bounds from just 2 years ago!!
  • HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've had a few this week:

Seeing someone yesterday who I haven't seen for six months and having him walk straight past me, realise it was me, come back and say "Holy crap you look good!"

Trying on a summer top this morning that I bought May bank holiday weekend and having it be a bit too loose (sad because I like it though).

Standing in front of the mirror in my new matching underwear for the first time this morning and being able to see my collar bone and my hip bone a bit and rather than thinking I still have a way to go, thinking "I look good".

Managing to run for 25 minutes non stop at the gym on Monday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!