What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 2 weeks since I had gall bladder surgery. I completed Couch to 5 K- week 5 day 2 and rode my bicycle 15 miles!
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    So, my Tuesday Thursday evening boxing class. I'm in there with golden gloves guys who are in shape, competing and 30 years my junior. It's tough. And for a 50 year old, humbling.

My NSV has to do with the burnout ladders we do at the end of the workout. Last night, for the first time, I was not the last one to finish. And I finished neck and neck with 3 other college age kids who are, well, in great shape.
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I found the shorts I wore last summer, they were snug then, and they were HUGE on me even with gym shorts under them!!! (My profile picture shows it!)

I also just went through my closet and have a giant box of clothes to yard sale because they don't fit. Down side being it was half my closet and I can't replace it all yet :/
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor's office today for my TDaP vaccine and the medical assistant didn't recognize me. I've been going there for 10 years and hadn't seen her since before I started losing weight. I was pretty shocked at her response when she asked how I did it and I told her diet & exercise. She scrunched up her face all disappointed. You're in the medical field, how do you think I lost it? lol magic? :laugh:
  • fitjules35
    fitjules35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ran in running shorts today that did NOT hike up while running.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am wearing loose "tight jeans" today.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    My "goal" jeans are too big. :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Useta be like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVjJo5pVqKQLiyNtO1T_G6Sl_pGrHot2P8-dsFi3L9jbS6RiLK
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    I broke my foot and have been in an aircast, non weight bearing, with crutches..for nearly three weeks. I've been focusing on core and upper body with no cardio, aside from crutching everywhere. I finally got around to weighing my air-cast boot this morning to make weigh ins a lot easier. I have not gained any weight! Whew. And I probably burned a lot of calories just trying to accomplish it, ha.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    and this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSeUsuZvjSicbJLwoZ6DR31X3mC1J7r9vrnbgT0llZzwB8Z7fbzg
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I also just went through my closet and have a giant box of clothes to yard sale because they don't fit. Down side being it was half my closet and I can't replace it all yet :/

All of my professional attire is now 2-3 sizes too big. Womp womp...I feel you on not being able to afford to replace it!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    and this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ32TOABCwm0oKqT3KbMmslSyCMDTW0r_ViaMi9sruy3q7vNp69
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lol, a lot of loose jeans today. I can wear jeans on Friday to work, so I pull out one of my favorite pair, fresh from the dryer... and they are practically falling down! WAY too big, I look kind of ridiculous. Going to hit Goodwill and Savers this weekend, to see if I can find a few pair that fit. Too expensive to buy new when I hope to go down a few more sizes.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine was walking up and down large hills on one our conservation trails without having to sit on any of the benches that they provide. 5 miles of hiking in the woods on a steamy summer morning. That was the first time I could do the entire thing without sitting.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    and now they're like this Han-tidal-autumn-outfit-hole-harlan-leisure-loose-show-thin-jeans-female-seven-points-nine-subsection.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    and pretty soon they'll be like this Free-shipping-2013-new-holes-in-hot-summer-sexy-lace-Denim-Shorts-Size-loose-straight-pants.jpg when i find the scissors.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    bear-somersault.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    But then I gotta watch 3 things so they don't end up like this.

1) make sure to remember to wash them by hand
    2) maintenance cals and
    3)menopause and hormones supplements
    freak-in-tight-jeans-shorts.jpg
  • fitnessfirework
    Options
    I dug out my shorts from last year and tried them on to see if they fit or not. No lie they wouldn't stay up. They were so baggy and fell off. I've lost 6 pant sizes already! :bigsmile:
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    ^lol dat *kitten*

My NSV was while running, and this older lady goes, "Why do you even work out? You've got an awesome body!" Pity I couldn't reply because I was winded lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!