Not sure where to put this - My husband Sucks! LOL

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend lost nearly 20lbs when he switched from Budweiser to Bud Light!

Yeah...he drinks a lot of beer.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When heavy people start to lose weight they lose a big chunk of water weight to start. Chances are if he resumed normal eating at maintenance, he would only be down a couple of pounds. But that's not a bad start! Good job for him! At higher weights, little changes equal big results!

The scale screwed with me this morning too. I cut my calories down to 1200 for a couple of days and fasted 12 hours for a laboratory test. I took my weight and I was down two pounds. I didn't log it though, because the scale lied. Bodybuilders know that when they drop water weight before a competition. My calorie deficit is about 500 over the course of the week - about a fifth of a pound. I was dehydrated from not eating or drinking before the test, and had less food weight in my system. So don't let your husband pay too much attention to the scale, because chances are there will come a point where it stops ticking down for a couple of weeks and it doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't losing fat! This is especially true if he takes up weight lifting! Conversely it may also drop below what he is actually losing in body fat, and give the illusion of progress so it is better to go by body fat percentage and clothing size than anything else.

I agree - I guess a lot of us obsess over the scale at the beginning. ( I know I did..not quite as extreme as him haha) I was sure to show him my charts (noting no weight loss but measurement or body fat loss) to make sure he understood the scale does not tell all. I took his measurements and got his body fat percent (caliper and scale measured) for comparison. In the mean time..it is just the beginning so I will let him get his high...eventually the glee he has right now will drain out :} and he will slowly fall into the reality we all live in
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend lost nearly 20lbs when he switched from Budweiser to Bud Light!

Yeah...he drinks a lot of beer.

what the.... I would say so LOL

Seriously Curious (not a beer drinker) does bud light really have less calories?
  • konfidentialglitter
    konfidentialglitter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lol I know what you mean!!! Im the one thats on a diet and my husband is the one loosing the weight
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

what the.... I would say so LOL

Seriously Curious (not a beer drinker) does bud light really have less calories?

Budweiser has 145, Bud Light has 110. (had to look that one up...I don't drink beer either). So a 12 pack of Bud Light...1320. 12 Pack of Budweiser...1740. Pretty significant difference when you're really throwing them back!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the entire thread.
    But shouldn't you just be happy for him and get on with it?

When you have a lot of weight to lose, in my experience it comes off quickly at first. It's also a bit easier for men.
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the entire thread.
    But shouldn't you just be happy for him and get on with it?

When you have a lot of weight to lose, in my experience it comes off quickly at first. It's also a bit easier for men.

Basically the rest of the thread is people thinking she isn't happy for him and being mean to her, when in fact we're just having a good laugh at the way humans function and the differences between us. It's all in good fun, promise :smile:
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy! Edited to say: (I'm joking!)

that made my day!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    awwwwwwwwww! i can TOTALLY relate. "flowerforyou". images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnPnZikZL1xgZ4DcL0zKXeZI7HSNpqr8HExokRMwYeYRU7xXfH

yeah I thought you deserved a better one than the little one in smileys. just because i totally GET you, ask anyone on my FL who has heard me rant about my husband who started a MONTH after me and was already trim and now looks like he passed me 3 times over. :sad:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Lol... I laughed reading this. How much is he trying to lose? Trust me, when he gets closer to goal it will get harder, but men are different than women when it comes to weightloss, and sometimes it can be VERY frustrating.

I recently came to the conclusion that my hubby is a bad influence... he doesn't really cook and likes to eat out. Currently he thinks eating a Wendy's Chicken Ceasar salad is "being good". He works out sporadically. It's like I have 2 kids - my hubby and my daughter, lol.

~j

my husband USED to like to do that...no, wait, that was actually my ex.
    blair-waldorf-crying-gif-hurts-sad-Favim.com-231295_large.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    No particular reason I'm asking, but are you upset enough to consider infidelity?

SO glad I decided to add you to my FL. *keeper*
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sooo My husband FINALLY decides he wants to do something about his weight. I have mixed feelings on this as to ensure he does it right and healthy..I will be doing most of the work :/ (I am the cook in the house)

He weighed himself sunday night while we were discussing him starting on Monday..297. I told him to weigh himself in the AM since he is technically starting Monday.

Calls me from work Monday morning giggling and says.."I lose weight just thinking about dieting..already lost 4 pounds! Down to 293" I call him an *kitten* and explain..night time verse AM..night always weighs more. So 293 is starting weight..good to know.

Official diet goes well Monday...he calls me yet again from work today to tell me his weight this AM was 288..WTH!!! (before yelling at him for being a man and having the ability to lose weight at a disgusting rate..I had to tell him NOT to weigh himself every day but more importantly if he does NOT to call me every time either LMAO)

How the heck...?? I actually weighed myself to make sure the scale was not broken...it's not...5 pounds one day?!?! ugggg

And this people is how Men differ from women!!! I need....Positive thoughts positive thoughts!!! :) Thankfully I am half way through my journey and have less to travel than him or I am not sure I could take him losing so much so fast!!

LOL.

My dad lost 11 lbs in one week before. At the time I was struggling to lose 1-2 lbs a week. It is very annoying.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Different people burn different amounts of calories. Unfortunately, you are stuck in your own body, so what other people do is irrelevant.

For the record, I'd definitely trade being able to burn more calories for multiple orgasms.

But seriously, you can't compare yourself to others. Support each other, but you are your own person.

Sounds like a fluctuation though. I can "lose" and "gain" 3-4 pounds over a days repeatedly, even being consistent, and they're not permanent.

well this would be a lot easier if "others" wouldn't suddenly decide to show us up when we finally started to something "for ourselves" and "by ourselves". Dieting should be like a democrocy, "for the", "by the" and "of the" person who had the idea first. Dibs and such.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    You are the cook, just slip a little extra salt into his food to keep him to a reasonable weight loss. Once you reach your goal you can stop. :wink:

ROTFLMAFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He already accuses me of poisoning him haha!!! He said I do it for a slow process so no one suspects anything LOL

Wait a minute? Wait a cotton picking minute! Are we married to the same man? I get mine weekdays after 5 pm and weekends...does your's claim to work graveyard and answer to the name, "What-the-heck-are-you-watching-NOW?!?"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ....Positive thoughts positive thoughts!!! :)

Here's some positive thoughts for you to think: "My husband is awesome! I'm so glad that he is having such success with his weight loss! I'm going to give him all the support and encouragement I can because seeing my husband healthy and happy makes me happy, too." Try it. It feels pretty good. :flowerforyou:

ETA: From the comments I'm reading here, I must be unusual. My husband has a tougher time managing his weight than I do. Different genetics I guess.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    All husbands suck on occassion. Even if it was just that one time in college.

Gold.

Gold1.jpg

That looks more like ish than Gold, so either your post was the gold of this thread, or it's the ish.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    So . . you're husband is successful and enthusiastic about his weight loss?

That is serious grounds for divorce right there. I mean the fact that he doesn't know the scale fluctuates . . what an IDIOT. LMAO.

You should totally cheat on him and then ditch that loser. I can't believe you married him in the first place.

Edited to: "Just break up"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ...I'm confused. Since when are people not allowed to joke and have fun? We've already established that the OP's husband is on MFP, so it's not like he can't see this. And just because some people are overly sensitive and can't handle sarcasm doesn't mean other people don't find it funny. My boyfriend and I use it with each other a lot and we think it's hilarious. If it ever crosses the line we're comfortable enough with each other to say so and not do it again. Did anyone ever think that maybe that's how their relationship is too? It sounds like she supports her husband just fine by making his meals and being a guide for him. Hell, she even said she's happy for him. Maybe everyone just needs to relax and stop flipping out for no reason. There's a huge difference between being unsupportive and having a laugh. Time for everyone to get off of their high horses and chill.

To the OP, I'm sorry people feel the need to be all holier than thou to you. I understood the point of your post and thought it was amusing. If I ever manage to get my boyfriend to eat healthier, I'm sure it'll be similar to your situation lol. I think it's great that you're being a guide and role model for him, and I wish you both the best of luck!

well i'm not that into being a role model, but I can get down with being a roll model i mean i am still a little heavy, but still a little cute at the same time...even with my rolls. elle.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ....Positive thoughts positive thoughts!!! :)

Here's some positive thoughts for you to think: "My husband is awesome! I'm so glad that he is having such success with his weight loss! I'm going to give him all the support and encouragement I can because seeing my husband healthy and happy makes me happy, too." Try it. It feels pretty good. :flowerforyou:

ETA: From the comments I'm reading here, I must be unusual. My husband has a tougher time managing his weight than I do. Different genetics I guess.

Here's the positive thoughts that get me by regarding my husband who started after me and is getting as fit as a fiddle faster than a roadrunner on go-go juice....

"at least he's cooking his own food now, " (thanks paleo and paranoia)
    "at least one of us is going to look great by summertime" (for the kids' sake)
    "at least SOME of his health problems are starting to resolve themselves"
    "his belly looks flatter and that makes his ding dong look bigger" (winning)
    "he has 3 MALE (confirmed after much investigating) followers at work and so I am off the hook for signing up"
    "he blabs all about his plan to people we visit and so that takes the attention of my weight loss and methods and he serves as a great decoy, since I don't like people in my business and can't handle the negativity/criticism/know-it-all's most MFPer's report"
    "I get a hotter/fitter/faster/ husband NOW, and he has to wait for a hotter/faster/fitter wife." (still winning)
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sooo My husband FINALLY decides he wants to do something about his weight. I have mixed feelings on this as to ensure he does it right and healthy..I will be doing most of the work :/ (I am the cook in the house)

He weighed himself sunday night while we were discussing him starting on Monday..297. I told him to weigh himself in the AM since he is technically starting Monday.

Calls me from work Monday morning giggling and says.."I lose weight just thinking about dieting..already lost 4 pounds! Down to 293" I call him an *kitten* and explain..night time verse AM..night always weighs more. So 293 is starting weight..good to know.

Official diet goes well Monday...he calls me yet again from work today to tell me his weight this AM was 288..WTH!!! (before yelling at him for being a man and having the ability to lose weight at a disgusting rate..I had to tell him NOT to weigh himself every day but more importantly if he does NOT to call me every time either LMAO)

How the heck...?? I actually weighed myself to make sure the scale was not broken...it's not...5 pounds one day?!?! ugggg

And this people is how Men differ from women!!! I need....Positive thoughts positive thoughts!!! :) Thankfully I am half way through my journey and have less to travel than him or I am not sure I could take him losing so much so fast!!

ya everytime my husband gets on the scale he loses alot of weight and mine fluctuates lol its frustrating but for some reason men lose alot easier then women do it seems like good luck to the both of you tho lol