• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m49r5fFedp1qdctsmo1_500.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    i am a male, 5'9" 135 lbs and toned/cut
    i find that women at the gym stare at me in an envious way, not in an attraction way
    they look at me as if they want what i have
    does this sound ridiculous or is there truth to women being envious of skinny mens' bodies?

You're kidding right? This is a troll for sure. :laugh:

ETA: Unless she's androgenous or transsexual, why would a woman want a man's body? I've never even imagined being jealous of a man's body until I saw this thread...It's still hard to imagine.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Definitely not envious, no matter what shape I may or may not have been in. Why would I as a female be envious of a male's body?
    And skinny guys... or guys who want to be skinny guys by unhealthy means (manorexic) is not attractive. Lift more or eat more, or both. Unhealthy by fault is not sexy.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I like men with some meat on their bones. Skinny men and men so ripped they look like a muscle chart medical illustration are a HUGE turn off. And I sure as hell don't want to look like that myself.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    All the people trashing talking skinny guys are kinda rude. There's nothing wrong with skinny guys. I just wouldn't want to be one myself. I like being a female.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Do you have a thigh gap?
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    Hell no. I like men with some meat on their bones. Skinny men and men so ripped they look like a muscle chart medical illustration are a HUGE turn off. And I sure as hell don't want to look like that myself.

dont worry u wont.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well this is a weird question. o_O I guess maybe? I dunno. I don't really wanna be thin as much as muscular. I guess I could see why some people might be envious? Maybe they are looking to you for inspiration to get thinner! :) Kinda like . o O(That guy over there can do this! So can I!) type of thing.

Or not. I dunno. Weird question. o_O
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    i find that women at the gym stare at me in an envious way, not in an attraction way
    does this sound ridiculous or is there truth to women being envious of skinny mens' bodies?

Not sure why so many people are making fun of OPs weight. Those statistics are basically the exact same as any world class long distance runner. Below are the top 2 men from the 2012 Olympic 10,000 meter race:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galen_Rupp 5'11" 138 lbs
    30j7ejr.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Farah 5'9" 143 lbs
    302upvr.jpg

Many champion marathon runners are even leaner. Although I weight a couple of pounds more than OP, we are pretty close in weight. His BMI is healthy and the anorexic comments are completely inappropriate. If his goal is similar to mine (running my first marathon this fall) there is absolutely no reason for him to gain a ton of weight.

I do lift weights regularly (Stronglifts 5x5 program) and will likely decide to add some weight after my marathon. My point is that there are plenty of good reasons for someone to remain lean. His BMI is healthy. He says he is toned/cut. I see no reason to judge him based on the information we have.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    So men being grossed out by overweight women is fine, but when a woman feels the same about a man who is skin and bones it's not?

Neither is "fine". That was his point.

I'm not sure it was, I think they were both just being douche bags really.....
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If i glance over its more that I am intrigued that he is actually lifting weights and how heavy he may be able to lift. It is an odd questions as women would be "jealous" of a mans super skinny body. I definitely am not, and typically think to myself, "Someone needs to feed this poor guy,"
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Envious, sure maybe a little..
    I have a tall and lean male friend who eats the crappiest food imaginable and never exercises. But he has all the muscle and abs that I want.
    But I guess he has the opposite problem I do. He tells me he cant gain weight.

EDIT: BUT I would never want to look like a skinny man...just want to be less squishy lol
  • missmarjushka
    missmarjushka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am. It's not "fair" how some people can eat whatever, do whatever and still be super skinny. I have to work to be skinny and avoid "bad foods", otherwise I am just average
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I think it is fair to say that the 2012 Gold and Silver 10,000m Olympic Medal winners below are fit. Are we going to judge them for being too thin too? OP has a healthy BMI. Don't judge him for his weight!

Not sure why so many people are making fun of OPs weight. Those statistics are basically the exact same as any world class long distance runner. Below are the top 2 men from the 2012 Olympic 10,000 meter race:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galen_Rupp 5'11" 138 lbs
    30j7ejr.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Farah 5'9" 143 lbs
    302upvr.jpg

Many champion marathon runners are even leaner. Although I weight a couple of pounds more than OP, we are pretty close in weight. His BMI is healthy and the anorexic comments are completely inappropriate. If his goal is similar to mine (running my first marathon this fall) there is absolutely no reason for him to gain a ton of weight.

I do lift weights regularly (Stronglifts 5x5 program) and will likely decide to add some weight after my marathon. My point is that there are plenty of good reasons for someone to remain lean. His BMI is healthy. He says he is toned/cut. I see no reason to judge him based on the information we have.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Speaking only for myself, if I see a skinny guy in the free weights area I might look him just to make sure I lift heavier than he does. I have no idea what others think about it.

I work out at home... but yeah if I worked out in a gym I'd probably do this too!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I am not envious of skinny men. I think you need to gain some weight actually like 30 lbs. I have heard that men should try to stay at the high range of healthy on the bmi. They usually have larger bone structures than women and they naturally have more muscle. Also, my experience is that women envy the bodies of men who are fit, healthy and muscular but not too skinny who have the equivalent body of the one they would like to work towards in the opposite form.

not true... you get small framed men too.... if he's fit and eating properly and achieving his fitness goals, he can be whatever weight he happens to be. Small framed people weigh less than large framed people at the same body fat percentage.

(BMI is a load of poo anyway, but that's besides the point)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Speaking only for myself, if I see a skinny guy in the free weights area I might look him just to make sure I lift heavier than he does. I have no idea what others think about it.

Guilty as charged. :embarassed: :embarassed:

This....:glasses:
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up...

Next time I see someone with your stats in the gym, I'll tell him I want his bod.

Oh wait...
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Nope, not envious in the least. I have breasts, small waist, and round hips. It's pretty cool. Skinny men don't have those things, so nope. Not jealous.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Totes. I always want to look like a man.
    The beard is the hardest part. Men take for granted being able to grow a beard.
    Stroking a bald chin pensively is just no substitute.

I think I may envy a person like that's work ethic. All toned persons kind of amaze me a little bit.