are women envious of skinny men?

Options

Replies

• OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get the feeling that the question is, do girls envy me because I might be thinner so much that they don't notice I lift less than them, or I compare myself to women because .... lets leave it at that

Anyways I don't see why girls would envy a skinnier guy, if anything I would ask how many guys hate on built girls?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    i am a male, 5'9" 135 lbs and toned/cut
    i find that women at the gym stare at me in an envious way, not in an attraction way
    they look at me as if they want what i have
    does this sound ridiculous or is there truth to women being envious of skinny mens' bodies?

Yes, it sounds ridiculous.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    i am a male, 5'9" 135 lbs

lol nobody is envious, do you even lift?

gtfo.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No, I look at them because I'm happy that I'm lifting more than them!
  • Prismapencils
    Prismapencils Posts: 154
    Options
    Um. Haha. That is an odd question.

To be honest, I would be one of those women staring, but I have weird gender issues. I wish I could have more of a boyish figure--not that there's anything wrong with being feminine.

Also, I envy height, especially on a skinny person. I want to have a longer stride, so I can run faster. :/ It takes me like ten quick steps to catch up to a tall person's one.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably 'cause I'm tired, but it seems like a lot of you guys are being ****s.

I agree. A lot of male skinny hate here, hm...then again, from what I've gleaned, MFP seems to be a den of rudeness, negativity and judgmental attitudes.

nah. everyone's just hangry. someone earlier got them in the mood for some chicken wings and thighs.

21ju7p3.jpg
  • mingecrackers
    mingecrackers Posts: 152
    Options
    My boyfriend is about 140lbs, thin yet toned - he's one of my biggest triggers to relapse back into an unhealthy lifestyle
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Not particularly. I tend to stare more at the buff ones:)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Not particularly. I tend to stare more at the buff ones:)

*This

Although I dont stare, i just look around between sets, while they appreciate my form while im doing my sets

(I actually caught someone on that decided to take his set rests while i was doing dead lifts, infront of me, scaring down my top, i've wore higher ones since then, a 'wtf' eyebrow was raised which made him embarrased and i laughed!) Jealous of my form, ha !
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I envy the fact tha my thin husband eats way worse than me and never works out and looks great and I eat healthy and work out all the time and I am covered in rolls and cellulite. I also envy the fact that he lost 15lbs practically overnight like it was nothing. I have been doing this for over a hundered days and I have only lost 10-15 depending on when I weigh and before that I was decently active and healthy. ugh. Venting.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't envy men or women's bodies. I certainly see one I would like to have but envy is such an ugly word. I can APPRECIATE a male of female body for different reasons (work it took, beauty, shape... whatever!) I've never been to the weight room but I am reading NROLFW and am planning on it. It's a little disheartening to see how many people made rude comments about the OP being thin. I guess it's just not PC to make fun of the fat people but thinner folk are open season. Now I'm even more self conscious about entering the weight room, apparently that's where all the *kitten*!*&%s hang out.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a man weighing 135 or thereabouts?

I guarantee if you go to any body building site there are tons of guys in the 135-145 region whose physiques make women's jaws hit the floor.

Hell, some of the guys on here who are regularly drooled over probably weigh that much.
  • barrattandrew
    barrattandrew Posts: 148
    Options
    No hun, they are probably moms like me and just want to feed you.

this.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow. . .

ioDhRvuzt5klG_zpsa88cd116.gif

Also, it must be hard to be telepathic. You have my sympathy OP.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a man weighing 135 or thereabouts?

I guarantee if you go to any body building site there are tons of guys in the 135-145 region whose physiques make women's jaws hit the floor.

Hell, some of the guys on here who are regularly drooled over probably weigh that much.

My take:

-I'm the same height and close to the weight of the OP, currently 140-145. I've been as low as he is before, 133 at my all-time lowest. I did not feel good at that weight, physically or mentally. I still don't feel as good in the 140s as I did at 150-155. But that's what happens to some guys when they don't work out for a year or two. Muscle goes away.

-I'm 6-8% body fat and ecto-meso. One of the hardest things physique-wise that I get impatient about is that I know most of the girls are not going to look at my body and feel physical attraction to my physique. I want to be 160 and 8% body fat so bad, but It takes time to get there. I want to be able to make women's heads turn, but it's not going to happen for at least another 15-20 lbs.

-When I was 133 for a while, I hated it. My strength level was pathetic. My body is designed to be muscular; that's just how guys are. My body hated being that small. my metabolism started slowing, I think, too, due to being so small. Even gaining back 5-10 lbs of muscle has made me feel more balanced when I walk.

-Girls with muscles became very attractive to me during the time I was at the all-time low of 133. I started noticing their leg and booty muscles on fit girls when I'd come up to a leg machine that a girl had just left, and I had decrease the weight setting. We want what we don't have; it's human nature. I'm still attracted to that, even as I move back upward in weight and strength. I always will be from that point on. OP, I think this is the reality you need to face. It's YOU who envy the girls, not the other way around. To everyone else reading this thread: it's not really as messed up as it sounds. Pretty natural reaction, actually. Picture yourself as a skinny guy. You'd envy the muscular ladies, too. The muscular guys are so far from your current physique that it'd make no sense to compare yourself to them, so you compare to the ladies instead since they're closer to your level of muscularity.

-I think the real issues that the OP doesn't want to face are:

1. Women do not overwhlemingly find underweight or low-normal weight guys' bodies hot.
    2. HE envys the women, not the other way around. He figures that since he envys them, they must envy him, too. I got to break it to ya...Doesn't work that way, bro...most of the hot fit girls probably want to either a.) feed you, b.) lift you, or c.) both.
    3. He needs to keep focused and gain mass/strength. Face it. he needs to, even more badly than I do. But I've been there, and I know what it's like. It's doable. You just have to find the time and be consistent and smart. You WILL get results, but they do take time.

Dude, promise yourself you're going to eventually get to 160. And follow through. There, problem solved.

P.S. Never upset a fit fat girl. She'll crush your *kitten*, lol.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Speaking only for myself, if I see a skinny guy in the free weights area I might look him just to make sure I lift heavier than he does. I have no idea what others think about it.
    this made me lol. as I agree.
    and I am not envious, why would want the body of a skinny guy???

{besides, my husband was skinnier than that until he hit 40. he was 120# and 5'9" when we got married.
    not that THAT skinny is something to try too attain, esp. for a guy.}

and he likes his higher weight (135-140#) much better now. Me, I think he needs lift, but I can't make him. He did start doing Strong Lifts with me this week though.

(PS- I do like thin guys. I love that bump where the clavicle meets the scapula- on guys. but I keep being told I am a minority- t like thing guys. I figure thin guys are a minority and so it works out well to be in the minority to like thin guys)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They may be looking because of curiosity (not envy). It's easy to mistake curiosity for that.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    NO

I have zero desire to be a skinny man
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    NO

Lol, me either. :laugh:
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    NO

Lol, me either. :laugh:

Neither do I, lol (Binary, you beat me the punch). Unfortunately, I still kind of am one, lol.

The issue with us skinny guys, is that often, we think we're pretty strong...and then then one day, we see a real hot, fit woman lifting more than us (usually on a leg machine or something--at least I've this experience) and then I try that weight and can't budge it, so it kind of hurts until you learn to accept that you're physically weak and have to do something about it. But then, once you do decide to take action, the pain goes away and everything is great because you've accepted your body as it is at that moment, and you know you're in the process of changing! But yeah, some girls still lift more than me. Then again, these are bigger girls who outweigh me by quite a bit.