HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• KelLifts
    KelLifts Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration ladies!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    These threads, with pics, are always so inspirational. I wish I had known about the benefits of heavy lifting early in my weight loss, I would probably be a lot happier now. Thanks for posting, ladies!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I can never EVER get pics to work. Drives me insane, and yes I do the whole lowercase IMG thing. Anyways, I've been lifting since January. Here are my progress pics if you want to check them out = ) OOOrrr someone can post them to this thread for me =D

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/shaypagan/media/Scarlet Noelle/fitnessjourney.jpg.html?sort=3&o=34

Picture on the left is Dec 2012, pic on right is Feb 2013

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/shaypagan/media/Scarlet Noelle/birthday_zpsf70e3ec0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=17

Taken two weeks ago

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/shaypagan/media/Scarlet Noelle/IMG_20130411_110143_zps47f5981e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Use the "Direct" links instead of the "Email & IM" links like this:
    s117.photobucket.com/user/shaypagan/media/Scarlet%20Noelle/fitnessjourney.jpg
    s117.photobucket.com/user/shaypagan/media/Scarlet%20Noelle/birthday_zpsf70e3ec0.jpg
    s117.photobucket.com/user/shaypagan/media/Scarlet%20Noelle/IMG_20130411_110143_zps47f5981e.jpg

Then add the [ img ] URL [/ img ] tags (take out the spaces when you do it) and it should come out like this:

Edit: photobucket sucks. Move to imgur.com for better picture access.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I ordered NROL4W online and also the men's version for DH and am hoping to get them soon! I seriously CANNOT wait (weight LOL) to start! I HATE cardio! The most I do is cycling and circuit (Michelle Bridges Super Shredder which I LOVE). I hate running (at the moment because I'm so fat and it hurts!). Just need to find an affordable weight set for both DH and I!

I'm just about to head off and take before pics for later! I want to be toned and have a super sexy PERKY *kitten* and shapely thighs!

You girls are HOT and a total inspiration! I want that to be me!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ok ok I'm convinced. I'm just starting my journey but my to do list includes
    Take before photos
    Pick up the weights!!!
    ( but keep running because you know zombies and reavers )
  • KelLifts
    KelLifts Posts: 99 Member
    Options

r7jhqv.jpg

Love your legs! Great Job!
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bumping to look at later. From them first few pages, you all look amazing!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Love all of these photos...so inspirational :happy:

SOMEONE teach me how to lift :sad:

read:smile:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

and watch youtube videos on form
    i watched these this week to check my squat form...i really liked them...there are 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ME8gEN54Ao

Thank you!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can I say you all look amazing. As someone who is very new to weight lifting I would just like to add about the mental side. I have never felt happier and it's because for the first time in my life I feel strong. Now lets get back to the show... :smile:
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading...
  • DistractedGrace
    Options
    bump for later
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just want to say all you ladies look absolutely AMAZING - and you all are something that I aspire too. I had an epiphany while I was looking through this thread last night . . . I NEED to stop being a lazy butt and start lifting and keep with it. I also realized that I am a cardio junkie (well, I am for my bike - I ride almost every day) but I have not been able to make the scale budge one. tiny. bit. It's maddening! :explode:

So. I have the NROWL supercharged, made a spreadsheet tracker and did my first set this evening after my ride. I am going to try like heck to stick with lifting and hopefully I will see a difference in my body composition. I'm even going to take before and after pics so even if the scale isn't moving, I can see a change.

Anyway, thank you all for being an inspiration to someone like me. :flowerforyou:
  • LaraCoz
    LaraCoz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Loving this entire thread!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Keeping this for later! You ladies are amazing!!

Yeah, ^this...

#notatallcreepy

#okaymaybealittlecreepy

#finetotallycreepy
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! I have been totally amazed by the body transformations of the women in this thread. Its AMAZING!!!! What is even better is how the lifting has given each woman HER best body, no two women have the same body. So its definitely a myth of getting bulky. All the women just have reached the potential of their best. Pure awesomeness :love:
  • MrsKasandraByrd
    MrsKasandraByrd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Y'all look amazing!! ????????
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay, I looked at the intro posts in the NROLFW group, but it seems like those posts are not very active. I'm hoping by asking here, I'll get an answer :smile:

I do cardio and I lift. A little. A very little. Most of my experience is with machines. I'm intrigued by the NROLFW book, and am interested in reading it and starting the program, but I'm scared (make that terrified). Is it a good program for true beginners? Also, I've had muscle spasms in my lower back on and off for about six years. As far as I can tell, lifting has never made it worse, but I've been really careful. Any thoughts on that from anyone?

Thanks!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Okay, I looked at the intro posts in the NROLFW group, but it seems like those posts are not very active. I'm hoping by asking here, I'll get an answer :smile:

I do cardio and I lift. A little. A very little. Most of my experience is with machines. I'm intrigued by the NROLFW book, and am interested in reading it and starting the program, but I'm scared (make that terrified). Is it a good program for true beginners? Also, I've had muscle spasms in my lower back on and off for about six years. As far as I can tell, lifting has never made it worse, but I've been really careful. Any thoughts on that from anyone?

Thanks!

Hi Rebecca!
    I'm doing NROLFW as a beginner and have been very comfortable with the program. I started things like squats with just bodyweight, then moved up to dumbbells, then the empty bar, now adding weight. My experience has been really positive so far and I'd recommend it for someone just starting out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!