HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that (after I hit my goal weight) my new goal will be heavy lifting to define and strengthen. And it's thanks to threads like this. :)

I have always LOVED strength training but forced myself to steer clear because of the myths. I'm so glad I've been educated. :)
  • violetrix
    violetrix Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    All these success story posts have totally changed my mind about women and heavy lifting. Thanks for motivating me! I'm going to try it out and have just bought NROLFW.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    All these success story posts have totally changed my mind about women and heavy lifting. Thanks for motivating me! I'm going to try it out and have just bought NROLFW.
    Yay!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Add me to the growing list of people ready to start lifting!!! I do cardio + interval training, but really feel that the way to go from here to work on the last 20 lbs or so and to seek definition rather than merely weight loss is to lift - and lift heavy!! Going to do one round of 30 DS first, and then get fully engaged in lifting - thank you!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I get so tired of hearing women use "getting bluky" as an excuse to jusitfy their 2.5 lbs dumbbells.

If this is your fear:
    world+women+bodybuilder+photo+(7).jpg

Then you should not avoid this:
    14157959-fitness-woman-concentrating-on-lifting-heavy-weight-in-gym.jpg

But rather, avoid this:
    steroids1-300x266.jpg

I admire all the woman who have posted the before and after pictures. You are an inspiration to me and others!

THANK YOU!
    <3 this so much
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i lift heavy, ain't did **** for me
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    fitnessjourney.jpg

birthday_zpsf70e3ec0.jpg

IMG_20130411_110143_zps47f5981e.jpg

i suuuckk. thats the sound of me giving up on ever posting pictures lol
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I want to start lifting, but I am intimidated and don't know how to!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK! :D
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I don't think you're applying yourself
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGTOiuXWa9ayHziOby_HC1WVQCZjzUl9D_pqunmMbr7dFUv2Q_ag

But way to come on this wonderfullly inspirational thread and be a total Downbeat Simpson. That should get you some progress happenin. Go you!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

I don't think you're applying yourself
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGTOiuXWa9ayHziOby_HC1WVQCZjzUl9D_pqunmMbr7dFUv2Q_ag

But way to come on this wonderfullly inspirational thread and be a total Downbeat Simpson. That should get you some progress happenin. Go you!

Thanks
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Can you believe how bulky I got.......

Jan 1 @ 181.5lbs, 32% BF (Day 1) Size 16 US/CAN
    Currently @ 166.5, 22.5% BF (Day 128) Size 6 US/CAN

b4028c2eb76111e2bd6422000a9f12df_7.jpg
    1215ad27-ca5b-455a-9319-6177d79413ab_zpsc01856d6.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Care to elaborate?
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, how do you lovely lifting ladies feel about girls like me who don't lift and don't have any interest in lifting ever? :P

To each their own.

To all you wonderful lady lifters. You are my heros. I can't wait to be there. I'm lifting and loving every minute of it. DOMS and all. I don't feel right unless my legs feel like they are burning hot fire anymore. Everyone looks so very amazing. Just wow!:drinker:
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What inspiration!! I never challenged myself with weight training when I started working out 4-5 years ago, and now I'm really regretting it. I started New Rules of Lifting for Women a month ago, and I would love love love to be a super bulky "after" like you ladies!! :love:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay, I looked at the intro posts in the NROLFW group, but it seems like those posts are not very active. I'm hoping by asking here, I'll get an answer :smile:

I do cardio and I lift. A little. A very little. Most of my experience is with machines. I'm intrigued by the NROLFW book, and am interested in reading it and starting the program, but I'm scared (make that terrified). Is it a good program for true beginners? Also, I've had muscle spasms in my lower back on and off for about six years. As far as I can tell, lifting has never made it worse, but I've been really careful. Any thoughts on that from anyone?

Thanks!

Hi Rebecca!
    I'm doing NROLFW as a beginner and have been very comfortable with the program. I started things like squats with just bodyweight, then moved up to dumbbells, then the empty bar, now adding weight. My experience has been really positive so far and I'd recommend it for someone just starting out.

Thanks for the response! I'm about 90% convinced I'm going to buy the Kindle version of the book today, read it over my long weekend, and get everything figured out so I can start 5/20.
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting ladies. I've got a long way to go before looking muscular (I'm currently 220lbs), but this is definitely inspiring to not just concentrate on losing fat, but to remember to also gain muscle as it makes a world of difference in looks and reminds not to just focus on the scale.
  • SuziQNC
    SuziQNC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This post has been so inspiring! I just started NROL4W last week, and seeing these before and after pics make me motivated to stick with it! Great job, everyone looks fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!