HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! All of you ladies look absolutely amazing!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's not recent (I had two different injuries that put me out of lifting for a year, so I lost muscle and gained 10 pounds back), but this was a combination of a calorie deficit and then heavy weightlifting. You couldn't really see any visible muscle definition except in my legs, but I feel like it's just a further testament that you won't accidentally get bulky as a female lifting. When I suggest lifting weights to women, they always exclaim, "But I don't want to look bulky!" My body type is naturally soft and curvy, so gaining muscle just makes me look leaner rather than hard and chiseled.

ZyGcue7.png

TyRpcxt.jpg

I'm 5'3, and was 200 before and 126 in the after. My highest squat was 175 while I weighed 130, and that was on a calorie deficit, so I imagine it would have been higher if I ate more (which was my plan before I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle, haha).

Lift, ladies! See how "bulky" I am? ;)

Just have to quote this because so much awesome.
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reads :)
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • becomingtherealme
    Options
    You inspire me!!! You look great!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It's not recent (I had two different injuries that put me out of lifting for a year, so I lost muscle and gained 10 pounds back), but this was a combination of a calorie deficit and then heavy weightlifting. You couldn't really see any visible muscle definition except in my legs, but I feel like it's just a further testament that you won't accidentally get bulky as a female lifting. When I suggest lifting weights to women, they always exclaim, "But I don't want to look bulky!" My body type is naturally soft and curvy, so gaining muscle just makes me look leaner rather than hard and chiseled.

ZyGcue7.png

TyRpcxt.jpg

I'm 5'3, and was 200 before and 126 in the after. My highest squat was 175 while I weighed 130, and that was on a calorie deficit, so I imagine it would have been higher if I ate more (which was my plan before I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle, haha).

Just have to quote this because so much awesome.

Wow. You look amazing, GREAT work.
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    eyecandy!
    bumping for more drooling.
    give me a few months and hopefully i can join the club too, im 'only' lifting for over a month yet mkay.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm not the best at photo editing, etc...but i'm jumping on the bandwagon to congratulate lea again....to applaud all the other successes of my fellow lady lifters, and to offer my own $.02 ;)

942795_10100938112831176_815361553_n.jpg
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You ladies amaze me! Seriously. I keep going back to this thread and looking at all the pics because I so badly want to be fit! I'm working toward it though! I've been doing strength training with just my own body as resistance but once I get past that point I am going to start lifting! Look for me on here in the future!
  • DominiqueSJay
    DominiqueSJay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "Weigh" to gooo ladies....I know what I will be doing this summer!!!
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options

ZyGcue7.png

TyRpcxt.jpg

OMG you look amazing... I may just have to start heavy lifting if I can get these kind of results...
    *speechless*
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm SOLD! How do I start? Who do I call? Where to begin?!?!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Holy freaking hell that redhead is a bombshell i want to look just like that
  • aerynth
    aerynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm SOLD! How do I start? Who do I call? Where to begin?!?!
    It's not the best guide on it, but it explains a few myths, talks about my own experiences, and then has some good external links.

http://crissgetsfit.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/ladies-lifting-weights-get-strong-not-toned/
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this for the inspiration! You're all amazing!
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    tagging this to show the buff girlfriend. :)
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrjesterr7
    mrjesterr7 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Holy freaking hell that redhead is a bombshell i want to look just like that

Yes me too!!!! I know my shape is different though=(
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Now:
    OIL9D1X.jpg
    QrfsaDP.jpg
    sb5BpcI.jpg
    Please Marry me. At least 3 times. Marry me a lot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!