HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

tumblr_m7b6b8uEoO1rziwwco1_400.gif
    ^This.
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

This. Exactly. You look great!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

^This.

Agreed.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

^This.

Agreed.

One more to add to the fan club!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

^This.

Agreed.

whoa!
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

^This.

Agreed.

I need in this club. She looks incredible. Mindblowing progress and just..um.. damn.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

10/10 would bang
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It's like Jessica Rabbit came to life. I'm still stunned. Incredible work, lady!!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

^This.

Agreed.

I need in this club. She looks incredible. Mindblowing progress and just..um.. damn.

tumblr_lz7qr92IgQ1ql4nun.gif
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

10/10 would bang

Me too
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

^This.

Agreed.

tumblr_lz7qr92IgQ1ql4nun.gif

tumblr_m993qvnaI51r2r904o1_500.gif
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It's not recent (I had two different injuries that put me out of lifting for a year, so I lost muscle and gained 10 pounds back), but this was a combination of a calorie deficit and then heavy weightlifting. You couldn't really see any visible muscle definition except in my legs, but I feel like it's just a further testament that you won't accidentally get bulky as a female lifting. When I suggest lifting weights to women, they always exclaim, "But I don't want to look bulky!" My body type is naturally soft and curvy, so gaining muscle just makes me look leaner rather than hard and chiseled.

ZyGcue7.png

TyRpcxt.jpg

I'm 5'3, and was 200 before and 126 in the after. My highest squat was 175 while I weighed 130, and that was on a calorie deficit, so I imagine it would have been higher if I ate more (which was my plan before I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle, haha).

Lift, ladies! See how "bulky" I am? ;)

You are so pretty! Why did you cut your head out of the pic?!
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    TyRpcxt.jpg

Took the words right out of my mouth on this one! lol
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Consider me an example of how "bulky" you can get. My profile pic was taken 2 days ago. It's a little blurry, but I think you get the point. Unfortunately, I don't have any better shots of my physique. I'm kinda shy, but maybe I'll post some.

I've been lifting heavy for over 30 years, and I compete in powerlifting. So if anyone would get bulky from heavy lifting, it would be me. Nope. In fact, I used to compete in the 148-pound class when I was in college, but now I'm in the 123-pound class.

I just had a competition Saturday (May 11). I weighed in at 119.5. I'm 5'4" and 50 years old. My lifts were:

Squat 170 (pounds)
    Bench Press 115
    Deadlift 245
    Total 530

I only got "bulky" when I stopped lifting for a few years and ate ALL the food! :noway: And it wasn't pretty, let me tell you.

Anyway, don't be afraid of getting under heavy iron. Your bones will thank you later! :drinker:

Quoted for your awesomeness.
  • aerynth
    aerynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's not recent (I had two different injuries that put me out of lifting for a year, so I lost muscle and gained 10 pounds back), but this was a combination of a calorie deficit and then heavy weightlifting. You couldn't really see any visible muscle definition except in my legs, but I feel like it's just a further testament that you won't accidentally get bulky as a female lifting. When I suggest lifting weights to women, they always exclaim, "But I don't want to look bulky!" My body type is naturally soft and curvy, so gaining muscle just makes me look leaner rather than hard and chiseled.

ZyGcue7.png

TyRpcxt.jpg

I'm 5'3, and was 200 before and 126 in the after. My highest squat was 175 while I weighed 130, and that was on a calorie deficit, so I imagine it would have been higher if I ate more (which was my plan before I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle, haha).

Lift, ladies! See how "bulky" I am? ;)

You are so pretty! Why did you cut your head out of the pic?!
    Honestly? I was making SUCH a derp face in that specific picture, haha! I have many (including bikini) with my face, but I love that one the most because pictures have a hard time picking up my muscle tone with my fair skin.

Thanks, everyone! And for the record, I have never done any cardio to achieve my weight loss. I'm not saying it's bad if you enjoy it, but if you don't enjoy it, it's not required to successfully lose weight. I hated going to the gym until I discovered lifting weights.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    ok...I am in as right now I'm ONLY really doing cardio (except for the weights used in Body Revolution)...now I need to find a program as I know NOTHING really about lifting. If anyone has posted a program/routine they use, please point me in the right direction.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    ok...I am in as right now I'm ONLY really doing cardio (except for the weights used in Body Revolution)...now I need to find a program as I know NOTHING really about lifting. If anyone has posted a program/routine they use, please point me in the right direction.

Read NROLFW :-) I am about to start this as soon as I get to walmart to buy the book (Today?) its 14 dollars. I asked the smae question and had a ton of lifting ladies recommend this book.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

you could also go with stronglifts 5x5. just check out the website. it's super easy and there are tons of videos to help with form.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You guys look incredible. A total inspiration.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options

you could also go with stronglifts 5x5. just check out the website. it's super easy and there are tons of videos to help with form.

Thank you so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!