HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I'm strong enough to start lifting heavy. I'm only doing dumbells and machines right now, except for weighted squats on the squat rack, but I'm sure even what I'm doing is better than not doing it at all! Once I up the weight of what I'm doing significantly I'd be up for trying something like Stronglifts.
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced...I shall be lifting as soon as I can find out how and where to start. I have a gym membership but ashame to go in the weightlifting zone b/c it's always full of men.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced...I shall be lifting as soon as I can find out how and where to start. I have a gym membership but ashame to go in the weightlifting zone b/c it's always full of men.

I'd rather be around the weightlifting men than the cardio bunnies any day!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

You go - you have just as much business in that section as they do, and they usually really respect any woman trying it out.
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options
    Want to lift! Where do I start?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I like lifting men. Unless they're in my way.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Want to lift! Where do I start?

The kitchen...
  • kramalicious
    Options

I'd rather be around the weightlifting men than the cardio bunnies any day!

This. All you ladies on this thread look awesome! Thanks for the inspiring photos!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    This one's for LEA!! Miss you! <3
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't mind me, I just came here to be jealous.
    Kate-Beckinsale-Yoga-Animated-GIF.gif
    What's going on back there? Somebody talking trash behind someone's back? IDK why, but I for one wouldn't really wanna be caught in the success thread of a FORMER member saying opposites of what that member said because it would seem like throwing air punches or just generally being kind of cowardly. Excuse me while I get back to my yoga.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So, because of all the ladies who posted their results, ive started with a 3 mile track laps and the rest lifting. No, i dont expect to get bulky lol but a hot bod would be nice!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lifting made me bulky too and I LOVE it:) I looked like this after I had my second baby:( YIKES!! (159lbs, 4'11)
    cf3b8ae6-f193-477a-95b4-5bc84ea00b75.jpg]58aaac10-9e86-461a-93c4-8610b3ab90a6.jpg
    Lost some weight(15 lbs) doing p90x/insanity but still looked like a marshmallow. Started Stronglifts 5x5 in Feb. of this year. I have gotten so much definition and lost 18ish more pounds. I feel like a rock star every time I deadlift weights that are heavier than me:) Before, I struggled to lift my very small kids that weigh 35 and 26 lbs.

I would rather be "bulky" than fluffy any day of the week!!!! (123lbs)
    fed32bd1-9772-448e-9ec2-e4289c751c1f.jpg
    20131003_125816.jpg
    I am not done yet but wanted to share my experience with heavy lifting!

What an awesome transformation! You look fabulous!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB LADIES!!!! I've been lifting about 10 months!! :smile:
  • vivalasith
    vivalasith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you get started lifting?I have no idea how?
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    I am curious how much cardio any of you are doing??? You all look fabulous!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I am curious how much cardio any of you are doing??? You all look fabulous!

10-15 minutes warm-up before lifting.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love this! I'm on week 3 of NROLFW, I'm putting all my faith in it, and by the looks of the ladies in this thread, it'll happen soon as long as I stick to it.
    thanks for the great stories!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    in and hopefully I will be able to have results of my own one day. I restarted weight lifting recently after taking some time off from it.
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Still not quite there yet, but man I love where this heavy lifting business is taking my bum. :happy:

7AePFVC.jpg
  • breezyleaf
    breezyleaf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!