What do you all drink?

Options

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I drink water and diet green tea!! On occasion I will have a coke zero! On special occasions vanilla rum!!!
  • jotero0406
    jotero0406 Posts: 28
    Options
    Water, warm water with lemon extract & coffee.... that's it, anytime I try and drink something else I find it waaaaaay to sweet and end up throwing it away. :embarassed:
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I drink Water mostly. A couple of cups of black coffee daily on weekdays, some evenings a glass of unsweet tea. I drink a Coke or Dr Pepper once every week or two. I used to be a daily soft drink drinker but no more! Don't be discouraged, you have cut back and that is a good start!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I drink water most of the time...sometimes I might have a monster...the 10 calorie kind. Milk, unsweet tea, water...more water lol I love green tea as well. I would just rather eat my calories.
  • simplynano
    simplynano Posts: 4
    Options
    Water, both hot and chilled. I add lemon to the hot water. A couple times a month I may have a cocktail, usually cranberry vodka.

It's not exciting but it really helps. I use to drink Starbucks Frappuccinos, lemonade and anything creamy. Once I broke that cycle, I really saw changes.
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Coffee with sweeteners, Dr pepper zero and other diet, no sugar drinks :)
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Water

-and-

To make sure I get my 70g min of protein, an iced tea protein drink (tastes just like iced tea and has 20g protein and 90 cal and 0g sugar)
  • BrandoBlain
    Options
    Water mainly. No need to drink any calories. But I do drink water kefir and kombucha for the probiotics.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are gonna have a lot of people saying water because it is the most healthy :smile: I have one cup of milk 2% milk with breakfast and then...you guessed it... water the rest of the day (12 to 15 cups daily) sorry I'm not more help. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tmitchellh
    tmitchellh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Besides mostly plain water...Occasionally water with a squeeze of the liquid Crystal light stuff. A diet soda or two.

and now for the fun stuff....

American Honey on ice
    Rumchata on ice
    Various flavored vodkas
    Craft beers...always like to try new ones!
  • Kimred05
    Kimred05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    diet/ zero cal soda...water... and the occasional bacardi torched cherry mixed with coke zero. I'm a soda fan i just can't give it up!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea in the morning (I used to drink coffee but I gave it up).

The rest of the day I drink water or unsweetened black tea.

Of course, sometimes I drink diet pepsi (maybe 2 bottles per week), or a nonfat hazelnut macchiato from Starbucks (once per month).

In the summer I sometimes make smoothies for myself and my son, they're unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a little blob of frozen concentrated OJ, pineapple, mango, whatever. No added sugar.

However, I've always been a water drinker. I have some sort of issue that no doctor can explain (my Dad has it too) where I am thirsty ALL THE TIME. When I was pregnant my amniotic fluid was low and I was instructed to drink 32 ounces of gatorade every day (it didn't help), in the summer when it's hot I get dehydrated (to the point of confusion) really easily. I drink a ton, but I always feel like I'm dying of thirst. I've asked doctors about it and they just brush it off as "that's strange" but I've never aggressively pursued a diagnosis because otherwise, I'm really healthy. I have noticed, however, that as I'm getting older the dehydration in the heat is worse. My body just seems to refuse to USE the water I'm giving it.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    Was a big diet soda drinker. (2 liter a day or more) Tried to cut down but after a few days would be back drinking the same amount. Also unsweet tea till I said the heck with it and just went to only water. have also cut out all artificial sweetners in drinks and food. Haven't had a drink of anything else for a month now. Was tuff at first but don't miss it now and feel so much better. I noticed after stopping the diet soda and the artificial sweetners that I was not hungry all the time so I ate less. (alot less) Have been able to stop all four shots of the insulin I was having to take so that is a trade off I will take any day.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I was drinking 40 oz of soda a day on average before my journey started. I knew I needed to stop. I made a challenge to myself to go 21 days without soda and see how I felt. I have more energy than I ever had while drinking soda. I don't feel lethargic and sluggish and slow anymore. I can wake up in the morning when my alarm goes off and not feel like I am dragging just to get up.

I stick with water now. On rare occasion I have a water flavored with some crystal light but those can be just as bad because of the synthetic sweeteners. So I save them as a treat about once a week.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have one diet coke a day. and water of course. Sometimes, I will have green tea or coffee.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Green Tea Black
    Coffee Black - Strictly for caffiene because the taste of coffee does nothing for me
    Diet sodas (rare)
    Sugar Free Redbull
    Sugar Free Redbull mixed into Crystal Light Slurpee
    Crystal Light (all flavours)
    Water
    Soda Water

I should really reduce the aspartame :S .
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i like those little crystal light packets you add to water, unsweetened ice tea, and fruit infused water!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Water

-and-

To make sure I get my 70g min of protein, an iced tea protein drink (tastes just like iced tea and has 20g protein and 90 cal and 0g sugar)

32618725.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    where to do you get the iced tea protein drink?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I admit I drink way to much Mt. Dew. 2-20oz a day.cut back to 1-16.9oz....but this tends to be the reason I am not loosing as fast as should be because of the amount of sugar. I have replaced the pop with Liption Iced Tea with Lemon, which is still to much sugar. Besides WATER, What do you all drink?

Coffee, 1/2 sugar and a bit of cream (approx 50 - 60 cals)
    tea with a teaspoon of honey (approx 30 cals)
    water (add lemon makes it more interesting
    diet soda - it's a personal choice
    If I opt for regular soda - I'll keep it to only 8 oz.
  • pokemom74
    pokemom74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try water with Mio, they are pretty good and don't have the diet after taste. That is how I weaned myself off of soda.

This is how I gave up my beloved Diet Mt.Dew too. I can only drink the black cherry flavor though. I drink three 27oz bottles a day