What do you all drink?

Options

Replies

• Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    only water and coffee w/ cream and splenda.
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I drink both flavored water and regular water with the occasional glass of chocolate milk or diet soda. Flavored water is what saves me though. I do get burned out on regular water sometimes and so flavored water really helps to keep back my soda cravings. I love the lemon and lime water cause its just like drinking sera mist or sprite if you buy the sparkling water. I also drink a lot of vitamin water, granted depending on the brand you buy those can sometimes add to your calorie count but not to the extent that soda does.
  • AteATomata
    AteATomata Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Many health professionals recommend that if you're trying to lose weight to "never drink your calories". As a general rule I think this is good advice, but I make a couple of exceptions for things I want... as long as it is in moderation.

Besides water, I consume coffee w/ creamer (mornings) and soymilk (with dinner). If I drink soda, it's almost always diet soda (but the trade-off is the aspartame, which is unhealthy, so I try to limit my overall soda consumption). I've recently begun to incorporate the "La Croix" sparkling water. It comes in many great flavors; it has the great taste and carbonation without the artificial sweetners or calories. Give that a try and see if it's worth it. Good luck.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly water, but on occasion (this may be a myth but I've tried it anyways) I drink water mixed with a freshly squeezed lemon and a bit of salt, as it claims to not only cleanse your body but speed up weight loss. I haven't kept up with it long enough to know. :indifferent:

I also drink almond milk, 2% milk, Lactaid-Calcium enriched Fat free milk, and 0% milk. But I eat more yogurt to fulfill my daily calcium requirements, as yogurt 2x a day has helped trim my waistline (0.25 inches in two weeks!)- a big accomplishment for me :happy:
  • jm51507
    jm51507 Posts: 1
    Options
    We've switched to diet soda. It helps b/c you still get the "sweet' with your meal. It also is zero calories (for the most part) and can fill you up. I've found that I really like a lot of the Coke Zero products (Fanta Zero, Mellow Yellow Zero, Coke Zero Vanilla). If you're a die-hard regular soda drinker it may be hard to switch, but give the diet drinks a try.
  • stephaniegreaves93
    stephaniegreaves93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lots of water and green tea mainly with the occasional treat
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Whiskey
    Water
    Green tea
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tea
    Wine
    Beer
  • LadyZini
    LadyZini Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Water
    herbal teas (a variety)
    Sassy water (water with lemon, cucumber, mint and ginger)
  • sharonsteward65
    Options
    Mostly juice, water and tea. I have one coffee with breakfast as this helps me through the day, no sugar though I have given that up.:smile:
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Labatt Blue Light mmm:drinker:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    In a typical day:
    water
    coffee with Stevia
    diet juice
    water
    1 diet soda
    water
    more water
    maybe 1 diet soda
    depending on the day of the week can be beer (Coors light), wine, or rum and diet soda
    and more water!
    I get about 10 glasses of water a day.
  • jxn0212
    jxn0212 Posts: 1
    Options
    I too struggle with getting all my water in everyday, so I try to mix it up a bit. Usually every morning I have decaf coffee and then throughout out the day I drink Propel Zero (enhanced flavored water) FUZE Slenderize (20 cals per bottle and 3g sugar) MIO flavor enhancer, Crystal Light, Lemonade and Tea. I went cold turkey from soda and caffeinated beverages 2 yrs ago and I feel so much better. Hang in there.... it'll get easier :)
  • alloy1028
    alloy1028 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink water, black coffee, and hot tea, but I've had to start drinking citrus juice to prevent kidney stones. I started keeping a bottle of key lime juice in my fridge and I squirt a little into cold glasses of water. The flavor is more pleasant and intense than regular lime juice and, because I associate that flavor with pie, it kind of tricks my brain into thinking that it's sweet! It's the closest thing I can think of to Mountain Dew (I used to be an addict as well) that doesn't contain any sugar/artificial sweeteners. A bottle lasts a long time and, because I don't have to constantly buy and prep fresh citrus fruit, I'm much more likely to drink it when I'm busy. If it's the bubbles you like, I would experiment with adding different combinations of things like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apple slices, mango, cucumber, kiwi, mint leaves, pomegranate, grapefruit, oranges, blueberries, cranberries, lemon, grated ginger, and pineapple to carbonated water. You can muddle the fruit or let it soak to release more flavor. Chopping up a bunch of fruit and freezing it into ice cubes is a great (and pretty) option if you want your fruit to last longer and have it ready to go when you're running out the door. Brewing up a pitcher of fruity herbal tea and chilling it is another good option.
  • doodle_b
    doodle_b Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a soda lover. In order to cut back I drink 4oz any kind of 100% fruit juice and 8oz club soda mixed together. It is really the carbonation that makes me love soda. The club soda helps with the bubbles. We call it bubble juice LOL.
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    WOW YOUR DOING GREAT ! Would like to see before and progress photos !
  • bluefire301175
    bluefire301175 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been mostly water. When I drink juice or soda I try to keep it at 1 cup maximum.
  • summerlover07
    Options
    Tea, pop (only a little bit of pop). I'm not a huge sweet/juice tooth.
  • sarahbethfit233
    Options
    Besides water? Milk, coffee, iced tea, IPA, wine, bourbon, and Scotch.
    I admit, I've never tried scotch but always wanted to. It makes me feel like a classy alcoholic. :)
    I don't drink iced tea but I love green and chai tea, and rooiboos.
    I'm from Tennessee, so I will admit I love Jack Daniels and Shine on occasions. I can't drink beer, so I'm a hard liquor kinda girl.
    And then there's the usual, like milk, coffee, protein shakes, and wine. Just for health, of course..
  • KuriChan44
    KuriChan44 Posts: 18
    Options
    Water for the most part, and recently green tea.

I drink a lot of fruit smoothies (fruit blended with water), but I count those as meals/part of my meal and not as drinks.