How often do you clean?

Options

Replies

• super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can only clean with loud music on, I clean every single day (I have 2 messy kids and 5 animals), but a major clean once a week.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I do the same as you. Cleaning daily and more thoroughly on the weekends with a special project of sorting or cleaning out a drawer. I like a clean space - helps me be prepared for those surprise visits from friends and neighbors. :drinker:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I don't clean, I hire a cleaning service. Life is short!! :flowerforyou:

Lucky lady! Life may be short, but so is my financial leash! lol
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It always seem like not enough! I'm generally a neat freak (with the exception of making the bed. I have no idea why that doesn't bother me.) but right now we're in the middle of moving and there is stuff EVERYWHERE. It's all I can do to not unpack everything and put it away which is silly since this is the house we're moving FROM! :happy:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    daily: hoover, dishes, make the bed, tidy up.
    2-3 times a week: brush dog, do laundry, take out trash, clean sinks and loo.
    every week: proper clean for entire house.
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    ...whenever my wife tells me to...

:grumble: :sad: :grumble:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it crazy that everyone does deep cleaning every week. WOW!

I guess it's about priorities. It's just not, to me.

I know what you mean! I do a deep clean... umm... I guess before I move out of my apartment and into a new one. That's the last time I can remember doing it, lol. Like I said, the two things I really do on a regular basis are dishes and cleaning the litter boxes.

Otherwise, my apartment isn't really "dirty." It's messy because I have books and papers sitting on and beside the couch at all times (college student with no desk, what do you expect?) and I have the spare bedroom for laundry. So I would say my apartment is cluttered, but never dirty.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I work about 50 hours a week and have days off on Wednesday and Sunday.

I clean on Wednesday and by Sunday I have to do everything that my kids have undone again.

I'm thinking of hiring someone to help out a bit.
  • Endman
    Endman Posts: 894
    Options
    I need this thread. So for all you "I tidy up everyday and the clean more thoroughly on the weekend" people: on average how much time do you spent everyday tidying and how much time do you spending the weekends cleaning? And I am looking for you personally - not a combined family total. Also please give a number of minutes/hours - not an "as much as it takes" answer. Thanks.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I need this thread. So for all you "I tidy up everyday and the clean more thoroughly on the weekend" people: on average how much time do you spent everyday tidying and how much time do you spending the weekends cleaning? And I am looking for you personally - not a combined family total. Also please give a number of minutes/hours - not an "as much as it takes" answer. Thanks.

Tidying up each day-maybe 45 minutes.

Actual cleaning about two -three hours depending on how much laundry I need to do.

The 7 and 8 year old aren't much help so that would be all me personally.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    everyday
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Manscaping every other week or so.

Hey that's a form of tidying up right?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Before I say, I have no kids, one cat, two small, non-shedding dogs, and a clean family! lol

Cleaning and tidying daily--20 to 30 minutes, and I usually break it up so it's 10 here, 10 there.

Cleaning on the weekend--20 minutes per room usually, so about 60-80, depending on if I do a deep clean of my bedroom.
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks a full deep clean. I used to be OCD about it and do it weekly but I just don't have the time!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't clean, I hire a cleaning service. Life is short!! :flowerforyou:

Yeah, we'll I don't have 80 to 120 or so per session. So, I have to do it.

I was having someone come twice a month for a while. That was really nice. But, I really cannot afford it.

I have once a month. I spend less on cleaning service than my cell phone bill.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Since my future MIL is lazy and thinks she's too high class to clean up her own messes, I clean up after her everyday. You don't want to know what I have to clean up in the bathroom every single night because of her......I only clean the areas I access. If I were to clean the entire house top to bottom, I would need to be paid because I would be putting my own health at risk....
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I clean every freaking day of my life!

I have 5 kids, 8 and under as well as thier 4 ferrets and a lazy gamer husband,

I pretty much do the dishes oncce a day.. sometimes twice. I have been trying to get my 7&8 year old to do them at night, but they dont get very clean. Laundry is EVERYDAY, most of the time it gets put away the next day. I let my kids take thier own clothes to thier rooms... they normally throw them everywhere and about once a month I deep clean all the kids rooms and find all the clothes they claim they dont have anymore.

I vaccuum and sweep the hard floors daily, often twice, the bathrooms every other day. I dust once a week, and water the plants. I also mow the lawn and do the cleaning out there and take the trash out.

And take care of the heathens, and go to school full time (online), and work fulltime graveyard shift....yet somehow I manage to get in 1.5 hours at the Y 4/5 days a week, and now I took up running...

No wonder why I am so tired all the time.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    Once a week I will give the house a good clean. I tidy up everyday though so it never really gets dirty.

I do this too