How often do you clean?

Options
123457»

Replies

• KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The only thing I regularly clean is my working space (windex wipe) and my bed (Mattress on the floor, house has bugs so I vacuum my bed every week because I'm paranoid like that.

Otherwise, I'm like my mom, and I save all my cleaning for when I'm stressed, we use cleaning as a healthy stress reliever.
  • Endman
    Endman Posts: 894
    Options
    Dishes - buy new ones every two weeks
    You are kidding, right?!?
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    I need this thread. So for all you "I tidy up everyday and the clean more thoroughly on the weekend" people: on average how much time do you spent everyday tidying and how much time do you spending the weekends cleaning? And I am looking for you personally - not a combined family total. Also please give a number of minutes/hours - not an "as much as it takes" answer. Thanks.

every day maybe 5 or 10 minutes. i tend to tidy up the kitchen as i cook dinner. you know, wipe things down while the garlic sautes...that kind of thing. he usually loads the dishwasher after dinner and runs it every couple of days. we usually clean up any trash from the day on the way to bed. that cant' take more than 2 or 3 minutes.

if my husband and i think the whole condo needs a good cleaning that take the two of us about an hour or hour and a half to dust, sweep, mop, i scrub down the kitchen, he scrubs down the bathroom. i would say we do this every other week or so.

we did a serious spring cleaning a few weeks ago. ceiling fans, blinds, curtains, rugs, base boards, grout sealing, dust the leaves of the plants, scrub the back deck down, yadda yadda yadda. that took the two of us the better part of 6 hours or so. i would say that kind of cleaning we only do 2 times a year.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Since my future MIL is lazy and thinks she's too high class to clean up her own messes, I clean up after her everyday. You don't want to know what I have to clean up in the bathroom every single night because of her......I only clean the areas I access. If I were to clean the entire house top to bottom, I would need to be paid because I would be putting my own health at risk....

Does she live with you, or do you live with her?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Sadly, only when _crafty_ is coming for a visit.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know this seems like an odd topic, but I'm just curious what the "norm" is.

I grew up with parents that made me do chores, mostly dishes and garbage (I know! Poor me :sad:) but somehow, the house was never clean. Laundry everywhere, animal fur everywhere, we cleaned maybe once a month. Maybe.

Now I clean daily. The daily routine includes vacuuming, sweeping, dishes, emptying the dishwasher, general tidying up,making the bed, if that even counts and cleaning the glass end tables/coffee table with glass cleaner. Those suckers get dusty.

Once a week (Fridays, actually) we also do a more thorough cleaning that includes dusting, polishing the wood furniture, mopping, scrubbing the toilets, sinks, and tubs, shining the hardwood floors, cleaning the walls if need be, along with everything else listed above. It sounds like a lot, but it's not too much work considering I clean every day, so there is never much that is dirty. I personally enjoy cleaning. I'm a bit of a clean freak so I like things to be clean and shiny and tidy. It's just a matter of getting off my *kitten* to do it! :laugh:

I was just wondering what other peoples' cleaning habits were like. How often do you clean? Do you love it/hate it?

^^ This.... it took me a while to realize I am one of those weirdos that enjoy cleaning and organizing. Our cleaning schedule is about the same as above. Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping are a daily must as i have a toddler, teenager, and three dogs. Dishes, and cleaning the kitchen, general picking up is an everyday thing.

The weekends are my time to do deep cleaning, that includes vacuuming behind the furniture, the drapes, and the nooks and crannies, dusting, disinfecting the bathrooms, laundry, cleaning the fridge if need be, the yard, washing garbage cans, and washing bedding. Might seem like overkill but I too am a clean freak and a little on the OCD side. But as I said, I don't want fur and stuff everywhere.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I clean once a week which is dusting, vacuuming, clean the bathroom, laundry and organizing. Although will do a full clean earlier if having people over. I do the daily stuff like make the bed and dishes.