biggest loser challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I did my 50 for today :) My arms were killing me the entire time... soo sore!!! I am still amazed at myself for being able to do 50 in a day.. and I can honestly say I feel it in my abs!! Anyone else?
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Challenge Week 1: Push Ups
    Monday: 50
    Tuesday: 50
    Wednesday: 50
    Thursday: 50
    Friday: 50
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

My arms feel like J-E-L-L-O after every work-out! I'll be so happy when this weeks challenge is completed! LOL Good luck everyone! I'm also so excited to see so many people joining the group! WOW! :happy:
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I forgot to post for yesterday's pushups. But I did do them all. You can ask my arms they will tell you.:laugh:

Challenge: 350 pushups

Tuesday:50
    Wednesday:50 (arms are screaming)
    Thursday: 50(arms are jello)
    Saturday:
    Sunday
  • SmilinNurse
    SmilinNurse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Challenge done for yesterday and today!
    Arms are complete jelly!!!
    Where is everyone today?
    Outside enjoying the lovely weather I am sure!!!!

Enjoy the Sun
    :) SmilinNurse
  • dragonflies4me
    dragonflies4me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jumping in here too! My name is Jenn (and I happen to know another Jenn on this thread LOL). I left this thread up on my browser and it's been there since Tuesday and I'm finally joining in. I'm 40 and I'm hoping to lose 29 pounds and end up at 140 at the end of this. I'm 5' 9" and my starting weight on Monday was 169. I don't care so much about the actual weight number, but hate how I look and feel about myself right now. I will attempt to catch up with the push ups, but I'm not sure on that. I will definitely try for at least the 50 per day.

My biggest deal right now is eating. Moneywise things are not good right now. So I'm feeding us whatever I can get the cheapest, which is how in the last 6-8 months I've gained back the 20 pounds I had lost, and then some. It was like having to try to starve myself to eat just a little of whatever we were having since it was stuff that was not very healthy. Then I would just be hungry and eat even more. This last week I've spent more than I should have, but picked up some healthier stuff for me. I really need to figure out a way to balance buying healthy stuff that we can afford. My job situation looks no brighter for the next school year (I'm a laid off teacher, subbing as much as possible and also working part time at a kids clothing store) so I've got to figure out something.

I did break down and buy the 30 day shred at Target. I really wish I could join a gym (I was down to 130 and going to the gym all the time 6 years ago and loved it - felt great, etc. - I really miss that), but that won't happen any time soon. I just said what the heck and spent the $10. I did the first day today and I'm beat. I'm not hugely overweight, but I'm HORRIBLY out of shape and my pants are getting to the point where I can barely button them and everything is hanging WAY out over the top. Not comfortable or pretty, but I can't get new pants, so that's more motivation - need to get back into these!! LOL I was exhausted by the end, but I did it all. 6 hours later, I'm quite sore - but feel good about it.

I joined here in Jan or Feb, but this is my first time actually posting. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and us all kicking some serious butt!!

Challenge: 350 pushups (trying for at least 175)

Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 0
    Wednesday: 0
    Thursday: 0
    Friday: 0
    Saturday: so far I'm going to say about 20 from the shred and hopefully doing small bits I can get in 100 total.

I need to do a siggy, but for now:
    SW: 169
    Goal: 140
  • SmilinNurse
    SmilinNurse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dragonflies4me......
    Do what you can in regards to the challenge!
    Looking forward to working along this journey with you!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!:flowerforyou: To everyone new joining us.
    I've had good day so far. My knee is still keeping me from doing my pushups on the floor. I feel like I'm cheating but I have to work so I don't need to agravate it any more. Dh is at work and both boys are off at a poker game...WOOHOO! I never have the house to myself.

5/28 -70 wall pushups
    8 glasses of water

5/29-50 wall pushups..OUCH! hope I can move my arms tomorrow.
    9 glasses of water

Have a great evening..LATER
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I just finished the 50 pushups. My arms are still feeling like JELLO. But I keep coming back for more.

Saturday: 50(arrms are jello again)
    Sunday
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Good morning everyone I have completed the 350 push ups for the week I can feel it in my back, arm, and abs!! So what will be our challenge for next week? Have you decided yet?

I am nervous about the weigh in tomm it's that time of the month coming and my numbers go crazy sometimes so I will just have to see what happens!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    So ive been slacking.. my arms were ridiculously sore yesterday.. I knew they would be, as I have never ever in my life done more than 10 push ups in a day lol So I didnt do them yesterday - i gave my arms a break to try and rebuild the muscle.. today I will see how many I can get in

I think we are doing sit ups as our next challenge? I believe its 50.. and also trying to do 25 push up too
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    Welcome Dragonflies! I am also doing the shred and the first 2 -3 days were the worst (I'm only on 5 so take that for what you can :smile: ) Day four was easier....we'll see what day 5 brings!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    So ive been slacking.. my arms were ridiculously sore yesterday.. I knew they would be, as I have never ever in my life done more than 10 push ups in a day lol So I didnt do them yesterday - i gave my arms a break to try and rebuild the muscle.. today I will see how many I can get in

I think we are doing sit ups as our next challenge? I believe its 50.. and also trying to do 25 push up too

Okay cool sit ups!! Are they actually situps though I can do crunches me and sit ups are not friends anymore and we have tried to reconnect but we just keep falling apart!!:bigsmile:
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I finished the last 50 pushups for the challenge. I will keep doing the pushups along with the new challenge.

Saturday: 50(arrms are jello again)
    Sunday: 50
  • dragonflies4me
    dragonflies4me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Crud. I ate everything in site last night and ended up over 200 calories over. Blah. And that was with my extra 200 calories from exercise. Now I'm up from earlier in the week and I'm only down 1.5 pounds for the week. But I guess that's better than nothing. I ended up with 50 pushups on Saturday and only 20 or so on Sunday (my first day was Saturday). I have a cyst on my wrist and my wrist was really sore yesterday. I did the ones in the 30 day shred, but that was it.

So it's situps for this week? Is it 350 again?

Looking forward to a better week!! :)
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Weigh in this week is 5 pounds. I don't know how that happened but I am good with that. I am down a total of 12 pounds. This week I think we should do 25 push ups and 25 crunches or sit ups
    Continue drinking at least 8 cups of water and try to only eat out once this week.
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I am down 5 lbs alos this week. Are we starting a new thread or just use this site? i am up for the new challenge. We have cut out eating out so I can handle that challenge.
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I am gonna start a new thread when I get to work.
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed in yet, but I did my pushups Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (joined on Friday). It felt really good afterward because I broke it up into two sets of 25. What is the challenge for this week? Is it 350 situps or crunches or just one?
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Very excited for this challenge.. I am more capable of doing sit ups as opposed to push ups... I am going to try and go over the 25 mark each day. Having that 25 push ups in there each day is great motivation :)
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I wanted to start the second week challenge right away. But.. I've seen that many of us (including myself) arent sure if we should do sit ups or crunches. So I did some searching on the net quickly and I came across this!

SIT-UPS VS CRUCHES WHICH IS BETTER?

Traditional sit-ups emphasize sitting up rather than merely
    pulling your sternum down to meet your pelvis. The psoas
    muscles run from the lower back to the front of the thighs.
    This muscle action is to pull the thighs closer to the torso.
    This action is the major component of sitting up. Because
    of this, when you are doing sit ups your psoas muscles are
    the primary muscles being engaged and not your abdominal
    exercises. So sit-ups are a pretty useless exercise if you want
    to get your abs in shape. Instead, use crunches, because they
    directly work your abs.

HOW TO DO CRUNCHES THE RIGHT WAY

Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet
    together flat on the floor and about 10-15 inches from your
    buttocks. Your hands should either be crossed on your chest,
    by your side, or cupped behind your ears. Without moving your
    lower body, curl your upper torso up and in toward your knees,
    until your shoulder blades are as high off the ground as you can
    get them. Only your shoulder blades should lift--not your back.
    As you come to the highest point tighten and flex your abdominals
    for a brief second. Slowly lower yourself back to the starting
    position. Repeat for reps.

So I know what I'm doing! Crunches.. and the greatest thing is that it teaches you how to do a proper crunch. I was pleased when I came across this and had to try them out. I managed 20 of them. more to come... :)

ENJOY ladies :) and lets get our abs a crunch'in