I'm delighted to announce that my fiancée Yo Lazarov...

Options

Replies

• ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    8mths!!!???!! WOW!!! Besides strict diet, what is her exercise routine like? Congrats on her win
  • Yo_Lazarov
    Yo_Lazarov Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello there!:flowerforyou:

Matt and I have read all your messages. :flowerforyou: We are humbled and touched by your support and kind words. Made us :cry: , such an amazing crew, this is an amazing experience for us.

With Matt's full support, I have started my journey in 29th of October 2012 and our results in 5th of May have brought overwhelming tears of joy and happiness.

As a child I have dreamt and hoped of earning a medal in sports, today I can proudly say I have fulfilled a lifelong dream and our results -Body Fitness Champion and Overall Winner- are a collaborative effort. Still a caterpillar to maybe one day graduate to butterfly! :tongue:

Matt has been there throughout the process - a pillar of support, coach and dietitian and all-in-all AWESOMENESS. We trained when tired, trained when ill, we trained when we thought we have nothing left to give, we made no excuses. We recorded it all and offered everyone the front row to view our journey.

If you have a dream - pursue it! Be relentless and focus on your goal without distraction.

It takes time to reach your goals, but time will pass anyway... as they say.

If you would like to see and know how our diet and training was and is please see our website. We have covered the topics extensively in both articles section and on pages. Have a browse and let us know your thoughts! :smile:

If you would like to follow our journey as we attempt to earn our pro card and compete for the honor of being a World Champion, please do so at:

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/teamwildtv
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TEAMWILDTVC/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/teamwildtvc
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/teamwildtv

Thank you once again for your very kind words! Matt and I hope to see you around! :flowerforyou:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    8mths!!!???!! WOW!!! Besides strict diet, what is her exercise routine like? Congrats on her win

I hope Matt and Yo don't mind, but I found this article really useful and interesting (it's an interview with Yo):

http://newbiefit.com/2013/04/14/yo-lazarov-the-definition-of-discipline-on-the-way-to-victory/

Also, some great non-competition photos in there as well.

Congrats again, Yo.
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Love her legs. Firm, firm, firm. Impressive!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wow, her legs in particular are beautiful. Just darling. Congratulations to her on setting out on a certain goal and achieving it. That is a stellar accomplishment! Really, just awesome! And those LEGS!!

I agree. I was thinking the same thing. This is very well said!

My mind is also boggled by the short time frame it took.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nm...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and fantastic results.

I love your arms, especially the shoulders! :love:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to her, and kudos to you for supporting her.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Wow what a difference. Good for her! :-)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    So then explain to me where the hell in that it was nasty, angry, picking anything apart or just plain mean. Seriously....show me. Cause all I see is someone NOT smiling..... bloody hell that was all. I didn't ever say she was not happy, all I said was she didnt LOOK happy.

All I can see is a whole heap of people being nasty over something I never said.

If you meant nothing nasty by your comment, it was meant in a positive light, and that you didn't mean that in some way she is being coerced or forced into training I completely and wholeheartedly apologise.

Just to give people an idea of our level of commitment:

Yo works night shift, 4 weeks out of every 8. Usually that means I work my day job 9-5 (whilst she is asleep) and then I do some video editing, she does website updates etc and rest a little before heading to work for 730pm.

She then calls/texts me the time to meet her, usually either 12am, up til 2am as starting time for an 60-90 mins training. She then goes back to work to work til 730am and I drive home, and we remotely chat a little during her shift and I eventually fall to sleep around 4-430am. I'm then up at 9am for work and the cycle repeats for the rest of the week.

We are extremely committed because its something we BOTH want with all our hearts. Right now we are both living our dreams by making our way towards pro status, now that, would literally be a dream come true.
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I hope Matt and Yo don't mind, but I found this article really useful and interesting (it's an interview with Yo):

http://newbiefit.com/2013/04/14/yo-lazarov-the-definition-of-discipline-on-the-way-to-victory/

Also, some great non-competition photos in there as well.

Congrats again, Yo.

Thank you for the link. That was a very good read. Yo, I love your answer about your best body part.
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding is really "not my kettle of fish", I really don't like the looks (either for men and women), HOWEVER I admire her for her dedication! Congrats to both of you :flowerforyou:
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have achieved an amazing result. Well done for having a dream and making it happen.
    What an incredibly supportive couple you are. Good luck for the future, I hope you carry on reaching your goals.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt

Yo looks amazing by the way so congrats to you both.

I can't see Yo's diary as I'm not her friend on MFP but I noticed from your diary that you tend to eat very similar foods every day and keep it quite plain/low fat and simple. Would you say that's the key to dropping body fat?

I eat a lot of different foods every day and try and keep my protein quite high and carbs fairly low but haven't seen much change in my body fat. It's quite high now, around 30% but I'd like to get to 20% if I can. How would you recommend I do it? I train 6-7 days a week with 3 weights sessions of 60-75 minutes per session.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Yo works night shift, 4 weeks out of every 8. Usually that means I work my day job 9-5 (whilst she is asleep) and then I do some video editing, she does website updates etc and rest a little before heading to work for 730pm.

She then calls/texts me the time to meet her, usually either 12am, up til 2am as starting time for an 60-90 mins training. She then goes back to work to work til 730am and I drive home, and we remotely chat a little during her shift and I eventually fall to sleep around 4-430am. I'm then up at 9am for work and the cycle repeats for the rest of the week.

We are extremely committed because its something we BOTH want with all our hearts. Right now we are both living our dreams by making our way towards pro status, now that, would literally be a dream come true.

Just wanted to say a heartfelt congratulations to both of you. Yo looks great and fully deserved the great result she got.

Just wanted to add two things really:

1) The most impressive thing actually for me is not the final look (which is amazing, btw) but the sheer grit and determination displayed in Matt's description of the way the work-life-training balance had to be organised and the hours needed to be put in. That takes a level of commitment and mental strength that's enviable. Which leads to my second point:

2) That mental strength and commitment has been made by TWO people. Yo's putting in the hours, but so is Matt. It's great to see people's goals dovetailing in this way and the level of support must be phenomenal. Make's me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

I also was originally going to say that I can't believe that people would come into a success story thread with negativity, then realised that this is the internet....... ;)
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Hey Matt

Yo looks amazing by the way so congrats to you both.

I can't see Yo's diary as I'm not her friend on MFP but I noticed from your diary that you tend to eat very similar foods every day and keep it quite plain/low fat and simple. Would you say that's the key to dropping body fat?

I eat a lot of different foods every day and try and keep my protein quite high and carbs fairly low but haven't seen much change in my body fat. It's quite high now, around 30% but I'd like to get to 20% if I can. How would you recommend I do it? I train 6-7 days a week with 3 weights sessions of 60-75 minutes per session.

I tend to have a month or two low fat with higher carbs and then low carb with higher fat. There is no best way IMO.

If you aren't losing fat IMO there are TWO things. One, not enough calories going in and you are making your body fight to hold onto the weight it is carrying or two, you are simply eating too much.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Just wanted to say a heartfelt congratulations to both of you. Yo looks great and fully deserved the great result she got.

Just wanted to add two things really:

1) The most impressive thing actually for me is not the final look (which is amazing, btw) but the sheer grit and determination displayed in Matt's description of the way the work-life-training balance had to be organised and the hours needed to be put in. That takes a level of commitment and mental strength that's enviable. Which leads to my second point:

2) That mental strength and commitment has been made by TWO people. Yo's putting in the hours, but so is Matt. It's great to see people's goals dovetailing in this way and the level of support must be phenomenal. Make's me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

I also was originally going to say that I can't believe that people would come into a success story thread with negativity, then realised that this is the internet....... ;)

Its the reality of life. I wanted to show despite life getting in the way, we make a way.

It's a team effort, that's why we set up www.team-wild.com - without Yo and Yo without me, neither would have got where we are now :o))
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    lets be honest here,
    You both look great
    You are an awesome couple
    Here's to you both having a happy life together.

I usually don't want to look like a female body builder, ( like I ever would diet and exercise enough anyways)
    I do have to say Yo's body is perfect, looks pleasing to the eye, amazing shape and definition, and no wonder
    she won the whole damn lot :)
    I