Before and After... -118lbs

Options

Replies

• djjc76
    djjc76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks friends!

No gym membership required!

I went from doing nothing to getting my butt up and go for a decent stroll. When I was 278lbs, I told myself I'd be happy at 200lbs. Once I arrived to 198lbs, I said, well...why not 175?

I chose 160lbs because I gave myself a buffer so when there are days I eat higher calorie than others, I can better maintain that 160ish range.

It becomes an art. YOU will know how your body responds. Just listen to it and see what works but trust me....WALK!!!!!!!!!!!

A pedometer helps because if I am only 200 calories burned, it pushes me to finish 100 more to meet that 300 calorie minimum per day. and to burn 100 calories more is just a few minutes of a 3mph walk, not the end of the world.

Once I got in the 180s, I literally felt light on my feet and began jogging. It just got natural but I still do walking because it clears my mind, I can talk on the phone and yap, and also listen to some nice Tiesto to get my moving.

Weekends are tough. The routine changes. But be prepared and remember that Friday evening to Sunday evening are days you can still create a deficit. Keep that momentum going, have solid days and then weeks. Even through the holidays in November/December, I told folks no thanks to the tamales (I'm Latino, LOL!), enchiladas, etc. I would tell family and friends I would enjoy them next year but for now, I got to focus on low calorie food. No little cookies because it just starts with one and then the ball starts rolling to finish the bowl.

FOOD WAS MY DRUG. I knew it. I didnt want those unhealthy items in the house. Why? Because I knew I was going to eat them no matter what I told myself.

Hope I am shedding some light.

YOU ALL WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE OBESE. AND IT DOESNT MATTER WITH AGE. CALORIES ARE CALORIES whether you are 25 or 52.

- 2000 calories of physical activity each week
    - eat as many fruits and veggies (NO AVOCADOS DURING WEIGHT LOSS)
    - drink water or non caloric drink
    - TRACK TRACK TRACK TRACK EVERYTHING that gets passed your lips.
    - Eat every couple of hours.
    - I eat passed 6pm. Body doesnt care if its 6am or 6pm. They are calories.
    - Nuts, alcohol, etc are high in calories, stay away from them
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

bump
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Excellent results! Has anyone told you that you look like Billy Zane in your after pic? Uncanny!
  • djjc76
    Options
    Excellent results! Has anyone told you that you look like Billy Zane in your after pic? Uncanny!
    Thank you! Nope, thats a first :)
  • djjc76
    Options
    Keep in mind that the numbers for calorie intake and exercise was given to me by my doctor so if you decide to go low calorie, etc speak to your doctor first. But it just made total sense to me when I saw the math and I was able to put numbers to activity based on my current weight and the calories on food.

I shared in another thread what I used to do the calories in minus calories out and received some flak. I'm not about to argue on the Internet because it is pointless. Therefore, you can see for yourself how I lost weight but ultimately, there is a method for you that you can stick with.

The best thing I can suggest to anyone regardless of what weight loss program you do is to keep good record keeping. That's food and exercise and provides accountability. MFP is the app that worked for me. Good luck.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! :smile:
  • djjc76
    Options
    Some more Before:

IMG_3415_zps2f074129.jpg

IMG_2286_zps5ce5c23d.jpg

After:

IMG_0883_zps493a3d70.jpg

IMG_2892_zps34c22abc.jpg

IMG_2896_zpsdbaa873b.jpg
  • djmodernroq
    djmodernroq Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for this app, it has helped me maintain!

JCRDiet.jpg

IMG_8571_zps0c2ef5b9.jpg

2013a_zps3348811e.jpg

527236_10151147867159201_1132379084_n_zpsf7a5af3d.jpg

622195_10151174405789201_2058283276_o_zps72293526.jpg

72648_10151530319819201_607494337_n_zps0623036f.jpg

Congrats buddy!!
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    You look great!! Awesome job!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm scared my husband would leave me for a dozen other women if his weight loss made him look like you! LOL

Congrats on getting HOT!!! (You were pretty damn cute before, too.)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Excellent sir! Congrats on your successes - both before and to come.
  • Melissakay1222
    Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wowser . . . aren't you so very handsome! Great job . . . you should be very proud! I am also maintaining although my loss wasn't near as big as yours! Congrats. :)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look great!!!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Great job, your progress looks amazing!
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    Simply amazing!
    Great dedication!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    LOL, thanks! I never grew a beard. And ever since my jaw was more noticeable and let the whiskers come out, I said, hmmmm....hey, thats not too shabby.

I spent more than 3 decades of my life obese. I had poor self esteem and never cared for my health. I guess in my 30's, it was high time I did something about it.

My regiment:

- 5 fruits/veggies per day
    - 2000 calories of exercise per week (mainly walking but will incorporate weight lifting soon)
    - target a net calorie of 1200 per day to keep things at bay.
    - 64 oz of water or non caloric drink per day

I sleep better. Pants dropped at the airport security one time after we had to remove belts. LMAO!

Hope this helps.

This is SO HELPFUL!!! I run a thread for people trying to lose 100 LBs. or more and so many people at that weight have health issues and can't do strenuous activiity. Its so gratifying to know you lost your weight with only caloric restriction and walking. You are quite an inspiration. THANK YOU!!
    (And thanks for the laugh!)
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look great! You are an inspiration!
  • djjc76
    Options
    I'm scared my husband would leave me for a dozen other women if his weight loss made him look like you! LOL

Congrats on getting HOT!!! (You were pretty damn cute before, too.)
    LOL!!!!! Funny you say that...my wife has been getting "nervous" :) I keep telling her I am not going anywhere :)

Thanks everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!