LeahBelcastro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    October 2011 about 185 lbs, after picture taken today at 127
    1z3q68x.jpg
    And my profile pic is a before and after comparison from 185 to 135!
    I eat whatever I want, just smaller portions. I've certainly cleaned up my diet A LOT since I first started, but I still have everything in moderation! Eating whatever I wanted in whatever quantities I wanted was what caused my weight gain.
  • wantingmeback
    Options
    Bump!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't know how everyone does it. For the most party I'm pretty healthy. I don't eat fast food and haven't for a long time. If I DO splurge on eating out I usually pick the healthiest option, or I shoot for "free range" or "organic" if I need to really stretch it and not feel TOO guilty about a huge slice of pizza or something. But I go one night with a couple of drinks and I balloon up like a whale! I have no idea how you've all lost weight and ate garbage the whole time...
    I don't eat garbage... that's a little dramatic.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Me on junk:

fat.JPG20130508_194740.jpg
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Bump de hump doop badu.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    I love this thread! I don't eat "clean" and I lost 37 lbs! I am tired of reading posts that say "clean" eating is the only way that you will lose weight.for some people that may be true.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I don't know how everyone does it. For the most party I'm pretty healthy. I don't eat fast food and haven't for a long time. If I DO splurge on eating out I usually pick the healthiest option, or I shoot for "free range" or "organic" if I need to really stretch it and not feel TOO guilty about a huge slice of pizza or something. But I go one night with a couple of drinks and I balloon up like a whale! I have no idea how you've all lost weight and ate garbage the whole time...
    I don't eat garbage... that's a little dramatic.

No kidding. We are all still keeping an eye on things, just not restraining ourselves entirely. I've cut out most snack foods, most people would think I was a health food nut, and a lot of the times I am.....but gosh dang it, I'm gonna eat me some cookies and cake once in awhile.
    These things are ok in moderation.
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If I hit my macros ill eat whatever. Last nights dinner.. Sloppy joes & Mac n cheese. Pizza, bacon cheeseburgers, chili dogs, beer, bourbon, list goes on. Only thing I don't eat/drink anymore is soda. Workin for me.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    October 2011 about 185 lbs, after picture taken today at 127
    1z3q68x.jpg
    And my profile pic is a before and after comparison from 185 to 135!
    I eat whatever I want, just smaller portions. I've certainly cleaned up my diet A LOT since I first started, but I still have everything in moderation! Eating whatever I wanted in whatever quantities I wanted was what caused my weight gain.
    Roughly trying to lose the same amount of weight so this is majorly encouraging!

Also, I effing love you all. :heart: Went above and beyond my expectations~
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Hm. What do you mean by 'clean' - I eat a lot of home made, but also coffee shop paninis, pizza etc.. so it's not a perfect diet, I've lost around 50lb and been maintaining over a year - diary is open, and pics on my home page... currently on a 2000/day target which I consistently exceed, but lifting heavy things is making such a difference!
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm using MFP and thus more aware of what I'm eating, I've probably cleaned up my eating somewhat compared to before - less dessert at night, no diet soda, etc....BUT I honestly don't even know what people mean when they say "clean eating"! I try to stay within calorie counts, keep at least an eye on macros (hitting protein and fat especially), but I know from past experience that having a whole list of foods that I can't eat - or only limited, specific times when I can eat them - just makes me binge later. I only have about 5 pounds that I want to lose, but after a month I can tell just by the clothes I've dug out from my closet again that I've made progress - by eating pizza, ice cream, etc. (not to mention my beloved flavored coffee creamer) as well as lots of water and other healthy foods that I enjoy.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    Now that I'm using MFP and thus more aware of what I'm eating, I've probably cleaned up my eating somewhat compared to before - less dessert at night, no diet soda, etc....BUT I honestly don't even know what people mean when they say "clean eating"! I try to stay within calorie counts, keep at least an eye on macros (hitting protein and fat especially), but I know from past experience that having a whole list of foods that I can't eat - or only limited, specific times when I can eat them - just makes me binge later. I only have about 5 pounds that I want to lose, but after a month I can tell just by the clothes I've dug out from my closet again that I've made progress - by eating pizza, ice cream, etc. (not to mention my beloved flavored coffee creamer) as well as lots of water and other healthy foods that I enjoy.

exactly,except I have a soda every once in a while,can't stand diet soda
    "clean eating"I think means organic maybe,natural whole foods,nothing packaged or processed
  • DeannaJoKilla
    DeannaJoKilla Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Tried eating clean for about a week... didn't work out for me. I'm a college student. I love drinking, fast food, and ice cream with friends. I eat healthy most of the time, but when I don't feel like it, I don't. This is my progress at a calorie deficit (most of the time) and weight lifting. I've gained a few pounds back since the last pics were taken, but I'm working my way back down!

9dJyqOQl.png
    jiFPM9Vl.png
    ZgUtUQcl.jpg
    VUywduCl.jpg
  • jadeaudrey
    jadeaudrey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This topic I relevant to my interests. I'm not interested in overly clean eating (my sweet tooth cannot be denied, or else heads are ripped off and butts are chewed out) but that's really all I see advocated around here.

IIFYM is actually a HUGE part of this site's membership.

(If It Fits Your Macros) For me, that means I eat 45% protein, 30& carbs, and 25% fats, and I try to keep them from more healthy sources, but if I end up hitting my protein and fat and have room for a shot of vodka, guess what? A shot of vodka it is.

I always have room for vodka!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I eat food. It's clean because I wash things. And it's a mixture of processed sugar waffle to tomatoes grown 600 meters from here. So I'm both "dirty" and "clean".

And I'm pretty damn triumphant.

We are legion.

This were soooo funny
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I think if you can make sure you're lifting weights, getting a gram of protein per pound body weight and eating at a deficit, you'll probably get close to the same results as someone eating "clean."

As a non meat eater, I have enough trouble hitting the 45 g protein that MFP sets for me, I'd hate to target for 120 g. :noway:

Eating at a deficit has worked for me. As long as calories burned > calories consumed, it doesn't seem to matter what those calories come from.

I have a friend who is vegetarian and she eats 150g of protein a day.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    A Snickers a day keeps the fat away... and motivates me to keep up with working out and maintaining my weight loss. It's all about moderation, not deprivation.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is actually a HUGE part of this site's membership.

(If It Fits Your Macros) For me, that means I eat 45% protein, 30& carbs, and 25% fats, and I try to keep them from more healthy sources, but if I end up hitting my protein and fat and have room for a shot of vodka, guess what? A shot of vodka it is.

^^^ This except tequila! Lol. I try to make the healthiest choices available for the simple reason that they are typically more filling and provide better fuel. I have the same macros as above and if it fits, I will eat it! Taco Bell, ice cream, etc.!!! I think my ticker speaks to my success. I was even less disciplined about macros when I started my journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!