Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have had sucess and I am not even close to eating clean.
    When I left the hospital after having my son I was about 185lbs I lost 45 lbs in less than a year.

I'm currently 135-137 workout 6 days a week and trying to eat healthier but it's too hard. I have 3-4 peanut butter eggs a week, eat lots of carbs, rice, pineapple bread, etc. My husband is a chef and he brings really good food at home that I can't pass lol
    As I'm writing this I'm having a slide of italian pizza he just brough mssshhhh

I know I have to improve my eating habits but yes I have prove that I can lose weigh (very slow though) and enjoy the food I like.
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    I've lost 132lbs so far with a non clean diet. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want as long as I meet my caloric goal :bigsmile:
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a filthy eater most times. I do try to eat clean at times, but I don't think it's necessary to lose weight. Easier yes, necessary no. It's all about a calorie deficit and a good exercise regimen. Thanks for this thread. I will be following.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1

Great results!! What is your daily caloric intake? Would love to hear your exercise regimen too!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    To certain "Clean eaters": Please stop walking around like you're better than everyone else when in reality you don't know how to count your macros.

❤❤❤
  • alsaxon
    Options
    I am eating dirty on purpose. I am running an experiment on myself. I need to know for sure if it is possible to eat dirty and be fit. I have declared war on this ridiculous epidemic we are facing of people dropping dead from a sedentary lifestyle. I need to show people what can be achieved with minimal effort on both sides of the coin of diet and exercise. I started off with 28% body fat and in 2 months time have reduced it to 23% bf. without skipping one "pizza Friday" or rearranging my schedule to make it to the gym. My goal is to make it to 15% bf. and pass a physical.
    '

Please report back or start a new thread when you finish!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    dirty girl here! will report back when I have some concrete evidence
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 25 lbs not eating clean. It really is about the calories.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm only about half way done, but I'm not eating 'clean' (at least not 100% off the time!) My son and I hit Wendy's every Thursday after he's done therapy, I eat ice cream (Skinny Cow, primarily because I like it and my husband won't touch it, ha ha!), popcorn, mochas, frappuccinos, pizza pay days, Dairy Queen once in a while.... and don't even get me started on the cold cereal that dominates breakfast! It's really hard to eat 100% clean and almost impossible to eat organic where I live because everything has to be shipped in except during the summer, lol.

(success story so far-since starting mid-Marchish, I've gone from 200lbs to 179 and have another 19-20lbs to go).
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth that isn't going away and isn't satisfied with fruits, so I eat half and half. This morning I had a Entenmann's donut, some organic Greek yogurt and an orange for breakfast. Whattareyagonnado.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that some people have success with weight loss while eating calorie dense/ nutrient light foods (lacking nutrients based on the number of calories). I've been trying to eat stuff like cookies and ice cream and fast food lately, and my weight is up, even though I do stay below my TDEE and exercise like a beast.

Today was a wake up call for me when I had to let my belt out another notch. This belt has been a little too big for me all winter and spring.

I just want to point out that dirty eating does not always end in triumph. Sure it's possible. It's also possible to run a 3 minute mile and to do 100 back flips in a row. It just isn't possible for me.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    With you there. I guess eating dirty can work, but only if you totally obsess about macros and calories all the time. I prefer to not count em to much and eat what I want as long as its predominantly veges and salad. Its simpler thats all. And the other health benefits are reaped its not just about losing weight.
    it doesn't seem healthy to me to spend an entire lifetime worrying about the quantity of the food eaten , I'd rather know that what I'm eating doens't really need to be controlled.
    I do like one cheat meal a week and I drink a little wine but try to limit it to two glasses only tops at a time.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I eat dirty. Not all the time though. I'd say 35-40% of the time.
  • lornahurley
    lornahurley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW, how long did that total transformation take?
    You look fantastic !!
  • anniemarianas
    Options
    well, it makes me hungry a lot since it's very calorie dense and im a calorie restricter, but i've managed to lose my past 6 pounds without cutting out fish and chips, chocolate, nutella, or my favourite yummy cereal bars which are 400 calories per serve (and i cannot eat just one a day, really?!)

but i'm not eating as dirty as i used to since im finding it very difficult to keep full under the circumstances, but love love love seeing the results of dirty eaters because it gives me hope that reaching into the crisp packet isn't quite as harmful as i've convinced myself it is!
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I still drink copious amounts of wine and I have no intention of stopping. Just 3lbs short of my target weight - cheers:drinker:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You'd be amazed at the things I eat.
  • SoberAlley
    SoberAlley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a very very VERY dirty girl... Sippin on a coke zero with captain Morgan tattoo right now actually..

I have lost 30lbs and went from a size 16/18 to a size 10 :D I do implement good foods too but pretty much I eat what I want and have fun!!! :D
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is so damn expensive to buy 100% healthy crap. Not to mention the shelf life is short so 2 or 3 trips to the store each week.

Over here in Saudi I am lucky to keep local food in me, so I must survive on canned goods from the states. Just wish the sodium wasn't so high. A caloric mismatch is all I need.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!