Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• GotShellica
    GotShellica Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You gained the weight back which is not great. So I wouldn't preach too much.

I gained the weight back because I took pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted in whatever quantity I wanted. I know EXACTLY what I did wrong and it has absolutely nothing to do with eating "dirty" and everything to do with eating too many calories.

I'm down 32lbs from my post-pregnancy weight, and I am down 7lbs since I started tracking seriously on MFP a few weeks ago. Physically I am in better shape than I was when I was at my goal weight. What I am doing is working for me, and I am living, breathing proof that calories in/calories out works, regardless of what you are eating. But hey, if you don't believe me, by all means continue to let your weight loss tracker sit at zero pounds lost while mine continues to drop.
  • Pasukaru2
    Pasukaru2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight so far and I'm definetly not a clean eater, altough I eat way better than I used to. Still eat chips, ice cream or dessert every now and then and still losing the weight :)
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i eat nearly anything i fancy... take a look at my diary if you want

success is relative, but my ticker is going the right way :) started at the end of August, slowed down a bit since January
  • leseratte2222
    leseratte2222 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just read a really good book by Y. Freedhoff, MD: The Diet Fix.
    His goal is to encourage us to live the healthiest life we can live and chocolate is part of it!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Like another person (twentyco) posted last May, I too I eat whatever I want, but stay within my calorie goal (1250+ while losing/higher now in maintenance) . Like her, I also HAD a lot to lose (hit goal range on Day #640, 35 days ago) & like twentyco my issue was in part portion control.

If I have to deprive myself and not eat processed food, junk, fast food , chocolates & candy, I'm not going to stick to any plan for any length of time.

I weigh & measure what I eat and plan what I'm eating ahead of time (fast food/eating out etc) , then plan the rest of the day around that meal. I don't have cheat days or cheat meals, I work what I want into my daily diary.

This is what works for me, ymmv. You don't have to eat clean to lose weight.
  • fervelasco
    fervelasco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Obese all my life... all the diets I went on through in 25 years restricted me. I could go one month without cheating, not a single cookie, not even a potato chip... but the first time caved in, I went on a rampage as if to make up for a month of deprivation and went on to eat mindlessly and gained all the weight back and then some. When I learned all about calories and expenditure and all those things, and that calories are calories no matter if it's from healthy food or junk food (just for weight loss purposes, nutrition is a whole different topic), that's what did it for me. I can't cook, I live alone, I buy all my meals. I've lost 106 pounds (48kg) so far eating junk, chocolate, all of it... what matters is the calories, portions. As the weight came off, I found myself eating healthier without even trying... I found this place were for a little less than 2 dollars, I get a homemade meal... I reluctantly tried the steam vegetable once and now I'm hooked... I always include them in my order. I also find myself buying fruits and eating them as fillers for meals.. Let's say I ate 2 slices of pizza... I can't get in something higher than 100 calories, so fruits and vegetables fit in perfectly... I don't even know how this happened... I didn't plan on eating healthier... it just happened. Same thing with exercise.. I didn't do any for the first 10 months of my journey... then, suddenly, I started walking a lot... not as a way to exercise but to get to places. I love to take 2-3 hour long walks now and burn 500-600 calories having fun, listening to music, looking at people, buildings, etc..

This was really a life style change, and it's fully sustainable. I learned how to eat, I can do this for the rest of my life without a problem.

If you're not disciplined and are a lazy couch potato like I am, there's hope. Just acknowledge your weaknesses and find a way around them.
  • maki53719
    maki53719 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I've been here since October, lost 37 pounds thus far, biggest weight I've had yet was last week.

Foods included:
    BREAKFASTS, LUNCHES AND DINNERS THIS WEEK INCLUDED: Coffee,tacos (with beef), boxed cold cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch), meatloaf, McDonald’s double cheeseburgers, Papa John’s pizza and cheese bread,
    SNACKS: Pre-packaged banana bread, “fake Nutella” (Aldi brand chocolate hazelnut spread), Blue Bunny vanilla crunch ice cream bar

In the interests of full disclosure, on the "dirty" days I tended to go with a salad for one of the meals (or a vegetarian option) to help "bank" calories for it. And I also have become way more active than when I started here (training for a 5K now and lifting weights 3 times a week). But it CAN be done...without only eating rabbit food. :laugh:
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I *could* eat cleaner, but I just refuse to bother. Is that bad of me? I honestly don't see the reason to clean everything up.

I'm down 25 pounds since Christmas. My personal areas of struggle: fruits and veggies. And water. I have to work at those two areas. I aim for balance, nothing outlawed but some things in small portions.

I eat fast food. I eat frozen food. I eat pasta and potatoes and even cheese. I eat pizza, and lots of it since I work part time at Dominos and get 50% off.

Edited to add: I stop every morning on the way to work and fill up a 64 ounce mug with Coke Zero. Today I've actually had 7 cups of water and have not finished the Zero. Win. :)
  • olenka_levina
    olenka_levina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean" food exclusively is tedious and not much fun. Now, 95% of the time I do eat clean and Paleo. But there is one special meal per week when my family and I go out and then I eat whatever I feel like eating (still portion control though). I log all the foods I eat and on weekends the calorie count spikes, but not sky high. Got to live a little here and there.
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 20 pounds in about a year while not making the best food choices. I did log every day and tried to always get the deficit needed to lose half a pound per week. I assume that I would have loss the weight faster by eating healthier. I still enjoy some fast food, pizza, etc. but I reduced my portions.

I started running and doing yoga/pilates 4-5 months in my weight loss journey.

Before = 150 pounds and After = 132 pounds
    Fotor0414171346.jpg
    téléchargement de photos
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If I haven't dropped it on the floor, it's clean.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1
    I love you.

I follow IIFYM as well.
    I don't see the original post from this girl anymore? Deleted? but anyway thats awesome lol
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ang0689
    ang0689 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is a load of horse turds.

Stick to your cal goals and eat enough protein. Skew the carb:fat ratio heavy toward carbs if workout performance matters to you.

Monthly progress photos for the last 2.5 years:
    http://strengthunbound.com/monthly-progress-photos/
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    No pics, (but see ticker below). I eat food...I do not judge food as clean or dirty. I eat processed food, I eat fast food a few times a month, I eat chocolate or ice cream every night. I eat chips......in other words, I eat pretty much everything I want....I just eat a lot less of it. I no longer sit in front of the TV at night with said bag of chips or bag of chocolate in my hands. I measure out a serving, and eat it. I also move a lot more than I used to. Bottom line, eat less and move more = success.
  • DiscePati
    DiscePati Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't have progress pics yet, but since logging calories here (something new to me), I've seen great success (down about 20 lbs in May) while not feeling deprived of some of the cravings I've had in the past. It's incredibly refreshing and empowering to know I can eat certain things, so long as I have the discipline to budget for it.

I'll be sure to post WHEN I've reached my goal (90 to go).
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is a load of horse turds.

Stick to your cal goals and eat enough protein. Skew the carb:fat ratio heavy toward carbs if workout performance matters to you.

Monthly progress photos for the last 2.5 years:
    http://strengthunbound.com/monthly-progress-photos/

Horse turds: 100% organic and clean.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!