What If Celebs Were Actually Full-Figured? (PICS)

Options

Replies

• Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    Interesting concept, poor execution. They just made the legs and butts bigger without really taking into consideration how anatomy works. Also adding sides to a face doesn't really add weight. I don't know about you guys, but even my nose has been getting skinner. I think it would be more interesting to see what these ladies would look like with real weight on their faces obstructing their facial features.

I agree.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A few full-figured celebs from the old days of Rubenesque style beauty.

sophia_loren.jpg

150341_1226830768511_1761328708_442369_2521670_n.jpg

gina.jpg

jayne-mansfield.png

Sophia Loren
    Samia Gamahl
    Gina Lolobrigida
    Jayne Mansfield
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    And what was the point of this thread exactly?

That's what I can't figure out.

There was no point at all except to show some wacky, unusual images and people decided to attack my choice of wording. Clearly, things got way, way off base and if I could have deleted this topic, I would have.
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    A few full-figured celebs from the old days of Rubenesque style beauty.

sophia_loren.jpg

150341_1226830768511_1761328708_442369_2521670_n.jpg

gina.jpg

jayne-mansfield.png

^^^ this is what I would call "full figured".
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that "Full Figured", maybe obese.
    ^This

And Dani, your stomach is dayum sexy.

This!

This x3
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that "Full Figured", maybe obese.

Let's not get into semantics wars here. Everyone has their own idea of what "full-figured", "curvy" and "fat" is and I really don't want this topic turning into a discussion of which label is the right one. It doesn't really matter.

Didn't matter to me. I just liked looking at the pics. I found them interesting. So thanks. Thats entertainment. :smile:
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    this is NOT full figured!!! im so sick of people saying fat iz full figured when its not. i dont have a problem wit fat people but stop misusing words! full figured r women who have big buttz, big boobz, and most likely have an hour glass shape. examples are scarlett, kim k, christina hendricks or whateva her name iz. even katy perry is full figured cuz she got big boobies an a nice shaped bum. some women only have boobs, or a butt or none. that iz why these girls are called FULL FIGURED.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    this is NOT full figured!!! im so sick of people saying fat iz full figured when its not. i dont have a problem wit fat people but stop misusing words! full figured r women who have big buttz, big boobz, and most likely have an hour glass shape. examples are scarlett, kim k, christina hendricks or whateva her name iz. even katy perry is full figured cuz she got big boobies an a nice shaped bum. some women only have boobs, or a butt or none. that iz why these girls are called FULL FIGURED.

Thank you for an opinion. It has been noted and will be filed under NOWHERE.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    5umo85.jpg

LMFAO!

I had no idea what that was for a second.
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options

Thank you for an opinion. It has been noted and will be filed under NOWHERE.

good job. admitting ur wrong is the first step
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options

Show me a full figured woman with normal body fat levels...

ps, just saw christina hendricks, she's over weight, kim k is too, scarlett is a "little" over weight..
    none of them are over weight.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

ps, just saw christina hendricks, she's over weight, kim k is too, scarlett is a "little" over weight..

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

Over weight is about 33%....

they are all over weight, katy perry is questionable, she's right on the verge. So is scarlett johansson. Those 2 are questionable.

I think you have a serious misconception of what overweight is. Katy Perry is not "questionably" overweight. And Scarlett Johansson is nowhere near a "little overweight." Even according to your picture and post, Scarlet Johansson looks to be maybe 25-30%, Kim K maybe right around 30%, Katy maybe 22-25%, and Christina, somewhere between the 30% and 35% pictures. The only one who MIGHT be questionable is Christina Hendricks, assuming "33% is overweight" like you said.

So not only do you have a serious misconception of what overweight is, but you just refuted your claim in your own post.
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options

they are all over weight, katy perry is questionable, she's right on the verge. So is scarlett johansson. Those 2 are questionable.

I think you have a serious misconception of what overweight is. Katy Perry is not "questionably" overweight. And Scarlett Johansson is nowhere near a "little overweight." Even according to your picture and post, Scarlet Johansson looks to be maybe 25-30%, Kim K maybe right around 30%, Katy maybe 22-25%, and Christina, somewhere between the 30% and 35% pictures. The only one who MIGHT be questionable is Christina Hendricks, assuming "33% is overweight" like you said.

So not only do you have a serious misconception of what overweight is, but you just refuted your claim in your own post.

If you can pinch it, and grab a chunk, it's fat...

Pinching-Fat-Fitness-Outfit-240973.jpg

Ah yes, I think we all know how to measure our body fat %. And I think we all have some fat chunks that we can pinch. Having a little chunk of fat on your body that you can pinch doesn't in and of itself make someone overweight though, so I don't see how this helps your point. That's because it doesn't.

According to your own post, none (or at least most) of those celebrities you named aren't overweight. They all seem to be in a healthy body fat % range as well as a healthy BMI range (except possibly Christina Hendricks, she's the only one that might be questionable in my opinion). Plus, women carry their fat differently. 22% body fat isn't going to look the exact same on every woman because of where we genetically store our fat on our bodies.

But, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if, IN YOUR OPINION, anyone who has one little pinch-worthy chunk of fat SOMEWHERE on their body is fat and overweight, well then that's great for you. I'd highly recommend joining SkinnyGossip then because the little proana girls over there will LOOOOVE you! (And other than you, they're probably the only people who would call Katy Perry and Scarlet Johansson "overweight" lol!)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

That's what Pu does.
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options

That's what Pu does.

:laugh:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    And what was the point of this thread exactly?

That's what I can't figure out.

There was no point at all except to show some wacky, unusual images and people decided to attack my choice of wording. Clearly, things got way, way off base and if I could have deleted this topic, I would have.

Oh, give me a break! What a victim! :huh: Someone casually said that they looked obese and YOU flipped out about it. No one attacked your choice of words. It wasn't until you went on a rant about obese being the worst word in history that this thread went in the toilet.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Exactly my thoughts. Marilyn Monroe was full figured, the retouch of these ladies... not so much.

This makes no sense. She was an hourglass with a 22" waist. In other words, tiny. I'm not sure what "full" could possibly mean.

Exactly. "Full figured" isn't just being otherwise slender with big boobs and a butt. It means that your ENTIRE FIGURE is full. But that's just how I see it.

Definitely a matter of how you define a word and how it has been changed over time. I doubt anyone fifty years ago would have called any of those pictures 'full figured'. I guess I see full figured as hourglass, its original meaning, not fat.

I'm one of those people that dislikes how words get corroded over time and that we use such nice sounding descriptors for things like obese. Calling myself full figured when I was clinically obese wouldn't have done me any favors.

Full figured, I'm taking it back! When I get there anyway since I still consider myself too covered in adipose tissue to give myself that label.

Seriously, it's just a word. Who gives a crap? Calling yourself "full-figured" "fat" or "obese" doesn't make any difference in who and what you actually are. It's interesting that you see someone that is "obese" that calls themselves "full-figured" as not doing themselves "any favors". What do you mean? Should they loathe themselves and be forced to call themselves dehumanizing clinical terms like "obese"? They don't deserve to be called anything that is remotely friendly or kind towards their body?

exactly how does my friend say we are hourglass figures with extra minutes ;)
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options

If you can pinch it, and grab a chunk, it's fat...

Pinching-Fat-Fitness-Outfit-240973.jpg
    ur head is on backwards
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options

Ah yes, I think we all know how to measure our body fat %. And I think we all have some fat chunks that we can pinch. Having a little chunk of fat on your body that you can pinch doesn't in and of itself make someone overweight though, so I don't see how this helps your point. That's because it doesn't.

According to your own post, none (or at least most) of those celebrities you named aren't overweight. They all seem to be in a healthy body fat % range as well as a healthy BMI range (except possibly Christina Hendricks, she's the only one that might be questionable in my opinion). Plus, women carry their fat differently. 22% body fat isn't going to look the exact same on every woman because of where we genetically store our fat on our bodies.

But, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if, IN YOUR OPINION, anyone who has one little pinch-worthy chunk of fat SOMEWHERE on their body is fat and overweight, well then that's great for you. I'd highly recommend joining SkinnyGossip then because the little proana girls over there will LOOOOVE you! (And other than you, they're probably the only people who would call Katy Perry and Scarlet Johansson "overweight" lol!)

The girls you listed are "over weight" most of them are anyways. Being "fat" and overweight aren't the same thing. How much body fat do you need to be "fat"? It's personal preference, it varies from person to person what someone considers fat. Over weight, there is no disputing it. It's about 33% bodyfat and above.

Scarlett+Johansson+Showing+Off+Bikini+Body+7tvXBQXNSf6l.jpg
    body-fat-levels-women21.jpg

you're telling me scarlett johansson isn't between 30-35% body fat???

She looks more like 20-25% body fat to me.
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options

The girls you listed are "over weight" most of them are anyways. Being "fat" and overweight aren't the same thing. How much body fat do you need to be "fat"? It's personal preference, it varies from person to person what someone considers fat. Over weight, there is no disputing it. It's about 33% bodyfat and above.

Scarlett+Johansson+Showing+Off+Bikini+Body+7tvXBQXNSf6l.jpg
    body-fat-levels-women21.jpg

you're telling me scarlett johansson isn't between 30-35% body fat???

She looks more like 20-25% body fat to me.

I agree. She looks like 20-25% body fat to me too based on the second set of pictures.

Also, Pu, explain this: My body doesn't look anywhere near as good and fit as Scarlett Johansson...yet my body fat is 21-22% (after measuring it just last week using multiple different methods). So there's no way she could possibly be over 33% since I'm not even 22%! :laugh: