What If Celebs Were Actually Full-Figured? (PICS)

Options

Replies

• sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    lol! Their legs are huge! have you seen the ones if celebrities were normal people? haha!
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options

is the dog mad because it's pink....or mad because it realises it now has a sister wife.

tumblr_lial9mMFmp1qdlkgg.gif

Thread winner.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Ah yes, I think we all know how to measure our body fat %. And I think we all have some fat chunks that we can pinch. Having a little chunk of fat on your body that you can pinch doesn't in and of itself make someone overweight though, so I don't see how this helps your point. That's because it doesn't.

According to your own post, none (or at least most) of those celebrities you named aren't overweight. They all seem to be in a healthy body fat % range as well as a healthy BMI range (except possibly Christina Hendricks, she's the only one that might be questionable in my opinion). Plus, women carry their fat differently. 22% body fat isn't going to look the exact same on every woman because of where we genetically store our fat on our bodies.

But, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if, IN YOUR OPINION, anyone who has one little pinch-worthy chunk of fat SOMEWHERE on their body is fat and overweight, well then that's great for you. I'd highly recommend joining SkinnyGossip then because the little proana girls over there will LOOOOVE you! (And other than you, they're probably the only people who would call Katy Perry and Scarlet Johansson "overweight" lol!)

The girls you listed are "over weight" most of them are anyways. Being "fat" and overweight aren't the same thing. How much body fat do you need to be "fat"? It's personal preference, it varies from person to person what someone considers fat. Over weight, there is no disputing it. It's about 33% bodyfat and above.

Scarlett+Johansson+Showing+Off+Bikini+Body+7tvXBQXNSf6l.jpg
    body-fat-levels-women21.jpg

you're telling me scarlett johansson isn't between 30-35% body fat???

She looks more like 20-25% body fat to me.

I agree. She looks like 20-25% body fat to me too based on the second set of pictures.

Also, Pu, explain this: My body doesn't look anywhere near as good and fit as Scarlett Johansson...yet my body fat is 21-22% (after measuring it just last week using multiple different methods). So there's no way she could possibly be over 33% since I'm not even 22%! :laugh:

Yes, you're probably using inaccurate methods which have a huge % error. So your body fat is probably higher than you think. :laugh:

I've been regularly measuring my body fat % for the last few months and seen a small, slow decline. So I would have had to have made the same exact mistake every single time I took it, using every single method that I used. Unlikely. I'm sure it's slightly off, but not THAT far off. I know for a fact that I don't have 40% body fat. :laugh:
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I think we've developed a strange tendency to confuse the terms full figured and overweight or obese, instead of understanding that they're two completely different body types. Here's an example. For me I think Two Broke Girls' Kat Dennings is one of the most perfect examples of a full figured woman. Other good examples include Scarlet Johannsen, Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks before they both lost weight. The other picture is a good example an overweight woman. I still find her strangely attractive though. But there you have it. As you can see, full figured and overweight are completely different. That's not say that an overweight woman can't be attractive. There are lots of overweight women who're incredibly attractive, like the one in the picture. But having said that, I think we have to really learn to discern between these two completely different body types, instead of confusing then as one body type.

Those morphed pictures of the celeb women have simply been made to look obese, not full figured. Especially the pictures of Olivia Wilde and Beyonce.

tumblr_ljirutORxV1qz9qooo1_r2_500_zps00e1325a.jpgKelly5-e1360391852133_zpsac2353ee.jpg
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

Ah yes, I think we all know how to measure our body fat %. And I think we all have some fat chunks that we can pinch. Having a little chunk of fat on your body that you can pinch doesn't in and of itself make someone overweight though, so I don't see how this helps your point. That's because it doesn't.

According to your own post, none (or at least most) of those celebrities you named aren't overweight. They all seem to be in a healthy body fat % range as well as a healthy BMI range (except possibly Christina Hendricks, she's the only one that might be questionable in my opinion). Plus, women carry their fat differently. 22% body fat isn't going to look the exact same on every woman because of where we genetically store our fat on our bodies.

But, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if, IN YOUR OPINION, anyone who has one little pinch-worthy chunk of fat SOMEWHERE on their body is fat and overweight, well then that's great for you. I'd highly recommend joining SkinnyGossip then because the little proana girls over there will LOOOOVE you! (And other than you, they're probably the only people who would call Katy Perry and Scarlet Johansson "overweight" lol!)

The girls you listed are "over weight" most of them are anyways. Being "fat" and overweight aren't the same thing. How much body fat do you need to be "fat"? It's personal preference, it varies from person to person what someone considers fat. Over weight, there is no disputing it. It's about 33% bodyfat and above.

She looks 30% tops. Ab and outer thigh definition, also hip to waist ratio is noticeable. Overweight doesn't mean obese. I know plenty of body builders who are overweight :)

As for my body fat? I know my reading is reasonably accurate, I utilize the military standard of measurements to determine my BF and though it isn't perfect it is the best measurement system I have found. I am 21% and Scar Jo is around 30% maybe a little less :)
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options

I agree. She looks like 20-25% body fat to me too based on the second set of pictures.

Also, Pu, explain this: My body doesn't look anywhere near as good and fit as Scarlett Johansson...yet my body fat is 21-22% (after measuring it just last week using multiple different methods). So there's no way she could possibly be over 33% since I'm not even 22%! :laugh:

Yes, you're probably using inaccurate methods which have a huge % error. So your body fat is probably higher than you think. :laugh:

Scarlett Johansson is 5'4 and 125lbs. According to MFP's BMI calculator, Scarlett's fat % is only 21.5. :laugh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I've googled many stars weights... I often wonder if they are lying because some seem really off. In example Jennifer Lopez is said to be like 5'6" 120lbs :/
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options

I've been regularly measuring my body fat % for the last few months and seen a small, slow decline. So I would have had to have made the same exact mistake every single time I took it, using every single method that I used. Unlikely. I'm sure it's slightly off, but not THAT far off. I know for a fact that I don't have 40% body fat. :laugh:

You're misunderstanding. For example if your true weight is lets say 135lbs. You go out and buy a scale and you stand on it and it says 150. It's obviously inaccurate, each time you lose weight, it will show a lower number. Doesn't mean it's accurate just because it's "consistent."

In science the difference between precision and accuracy is greatly emphasized. Accuracy means the results can be produced by others, it keeps on producing the same result. For example throwing something in the air, it will come back down, doesn't matter who does it. It will happen. It's an "accurate" observation because the results are repeatable. You measuring your body fat with one method, compare that to other methods, let someone else measure your body fat. You will get many different readings. The reason is because it's not accurate.

Except that I said that I was using different methods of measuring body fat, remember? That's why it's unlikely. Also, my trainer helps me do it. Making a 15% error even more unlikely.

But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion, bro. If you just have a personal preference for very thin and athletic women and think all those women are too overweight for your personal taste, it's perfectly fine to have that opinion. :smile:
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    A few full-figured celebs from the old days of Rubenesque style beauty.

sophia_loren.jpg

150341_1226830768511_1761328708_442369_2521670_n.jpg

gina.jpg

jayne-mansfield.png

Sophia Loren
    Samia Gamahl
    Gina Lolobrigida
    Jayne Mansfield

lol...apparently you've never actually seen a Rubens
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I'd say she's a solid 25%
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Samia Gamahl

LOVE this lady. Love her! :smile:
  • Ms_Gunn79
    Ms_Gunn79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not mention that Scarlett appears to have grown a ding-dong.

I giggled.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I think that's what any non blind person would tell you. You're terrible at comparing her body to any of the % examples you provided.
  • PrettyPearl88
    Options

You're misunderstanding. For example if your true weight is lets say 135lbs. You go out and buy a scale and you stand on it and it says 150. It's obviously inaccurate, each time you lose weight, it will show a lower number. Doesn't mean it's accurate just because it's "consistent."

In science the difference between precision and accuracy is greatly emphasized. Accuracy means the results can be produced by others, it keeps on producing the same result. For example throwing something in the air, it will come back down, doesn't matter who does it. It will happen. It's an "accurate" observation because the results are repeatable. You measuring your body fat with one method, compare that to other methods, let someone else measure your body fat. You will get many different readings. The reason is because it's not accurate.

Except that I said that I was using different methods of measuring body fat, remember? That's why it's unlikely. Also, my trainer helps me do it. Making a 15% error even more unlikely.

But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion, bro. If you just have a personal preference for very thin and athletic women and think all those women are too overweight for your personal taste, it's perfectly fine to have that opinion. :smile:

So are you saying all the different methods are pretty close?

I actually perfer women with some meat on them. Well honestly it doesn't matter to much about their body for me. I just like a pretty face for the most part. I mean that's what i am physically attracted to.

Yes, they are pretty close. Plus my trainer helps me as well. So while there could easily be some error (perhaps I'm really 25-26% instead of 21-22%), it's highly unlikely that I'm 35-40% bf. An error that big is unlikely if I have both help AND am using different methods AND consistently results in the same small range.

And like someone else said, you really are rather terrible at comparing women's bodies to those body fat % picture charts you posted. I think you're forgetting the fact that the pictures in the chart are small and taken from a much farther distance than Scarlett's beach photo you posted. If you put Scarlett's beach photo from the same distance as the pictures in your little chart and had her face the same direction as the women in those little pictures, she'd probably be close to the 25% picture. Maybe the 30% at most.

Also all the women in that little body fat % chart are all apple shaped and seem to carry more fat on their waists. Scarlett and Kim K are hourglasses and carry less of the fat they have on their waist, but more on their legs and butt. That also needs to be considered.

But anyway, I hear ya on the face. Face is most important to me too on men.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Full-figured means ample T&A, end of.

Yup.

And what was the point of this thread exactly?

My guess was that it was to prove that celebs can be beautiful while "full-figured". At least I'm guessing that's what the bait was, to argue over if beautiful women can be beautiful whether obese or not. Seems like the bait switched to word choice. If that was the original bait, I still think it wouldn't be valid considering the selective use of photoshop to distribute more weight.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

sophia_loren.jpg

gina.jpg

jayne-mansfield.png

Sophia Loren
    Samia Gamahl
    Gina Lolobrigida
    Jayne Mansfield

I hope my body looks half as good as Sophia Loren's or Jayne Mansfield's when I lose more weight.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Those women are not over weight!!! How can anyone seriously think that!?!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

The lady at 35% is not scar Jo. I mean it doesn't even look close. She seems to be much closer to the 30% body fat, if she's over it...it would be like 30.5% LOL Also, the picture of her for reference is showing her slightly bent which might be creating a plushness to her belly that wouldn't be there if that pic had been taken straight on. I can't believe we are sitting here discussing the "softness" of such a fabulous figure as Scarlett.

o·ver·weight

/ˈōvərˈwāt/

Adjective

Above a weight considered normal or desirable.

Noun

Excessive or extra weight.

Verb

Put too much weight on; overload.

Synonyms

noun. predominance - preponderance - overbalance

verb. overload - overcharge - overburden - overtax

Lord help us all if this defines Scar Jo LOL
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options

lol...apparently you've never actually seen a Rubens

Hm.. Actually, I used to live a bus ride away from a few of his paintings. Anyway, it would be reaaally hard to not know about Rubens, growing up a few hours from Italy and a train trip away from Holland. Most important, there is NO way kids can avoid knowing the Three Graces or the Judgement of Paris if they want to pass their history test from where I come. Sorry to disappoint.