Outraged!

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Don't shop there. I don't. Even if I liked their clothes, which I don't, I wouldn't go there because the smell from that store is even worse the Bath & Bodyworks.
  • wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    It started with a capital c. : )
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    who cares? its a private company, they can make their own decisions. this didnt affect you before today, why are you letting it affect you now?

I agree. If they choose to ignore a good portion of the population then so be it. They obviously do pretty well if they're still in business yet I don't see people wearing their clothing.

I second this - who gives a crap? Certainly not I. Unless you work there and are being fired for not being the right size, this shouldn't effect you. Everyone is going to do something you don't like. If you complain about it, life passes you by. Private company means they can do whatever they want.

It's no different than Bugatti,Ferrari,Aston Martin, ect .... They build and price thier cars so only a certain clientel can purchase them. Who cares, no skin off my back. I don't shop there anyways ...LOL ....
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    most clothing stores don't sell tall clothes (I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam). OMG I am outraged!

most shoe stores don't carry shoes bigger than size 10. I'm an 11 1/2. OMG I am outraged!

I can't buy clothes at the Petite Shop... egads they don't fit!
    I can't buy clothes at the Plus Shop... egads they don't fit!
    I can't even buy most clothes sold at WALMART!

And they closed down the ONLY tall shop in town, but it didn't matter because according to them, tall people CANNOT possibly be a size 6!

So, am I outraged that A&C has picked a market niche and is tailoring to that niche? No. IDGAF.

I am slightly ticked that THE ONLY clothes I can buy that fit are underwear, bras, shorts, and maybe tshirts... if they're long enough.

Thank god I got rid of my muffin top.

/end rant
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    this is kind of off topic from the OP but does anybody remember that prank that got pull in A&F where all the "regular joes" took their shirts off inside the store like the male model that walks around there?
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    @RoadsterGirl:

I think the point isn't that they don't carry the sizes it's just you know, saying, there's only two types of people at school-- cool and uncool and you can't be popular or well liked if you're not a certain size.
    Even if it's a good marketing it's disgusting.

^^ Yup. Agreed. Its all in the way it was communicated.

Most of you dont get it.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Just don't shop there then ... hardly a difficult task.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    An over dramatic Jerry Springer thread
    girl-boom-o.gif
    :laugh:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    If you've even been in their stores this shouldn't be a shock. Their largest sizes barely fit a barbie doll. Plus they are horribly overpriced. His business isn't going to suffer. Just shop somewhere else and save the rage for the real troubles in the world.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Look at this crap everyone.

Abercrombie and Fitch has decided that anyone over a size 10 jean isn’t sexy enough for their clothing line, and doesn’t want them shopping in their stores and sullying their clothes. They decided to only hire good looking people so that only good looking people will come into their store.

“It’s almost everything. That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that,”

That is an actual quote from their CEO Mike Jeffries.

so slim down to a 10 and go on a shopping spree.
    they have a specific demographic they target, and it includes women size 10 and under.

i cant get jeans for myself at delias!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OMG, did you know that Hooters only hires girls with great bodies and huge boobs? :noway:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have never even tried to shop there. The store makes me feel old, too dark and too loud. I didn't even know what their sizing was like, couldn't stay in there long enough :laugh:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    The store is prejudice idiots!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You know, Lane Bryant really only hires plus-sized women to sell their clothes, and don't sell clothing smaller than a size 14. Is that an outrage? They don't really want to sell things to smaller sized people, and only market to larger people.

Same thing if you ask me. Now, is the CEO guy kind of a pretentious *kitten* with his words? Sure, but he's not doing anything different than most other stores.
    Yep.

Brilliant marketing. Think about it. Play on people's own insecurity and shallowness just like most advertising. Instead of just hinting, or suggesting (like other products), actually publicly state "our products are for the cool, the good-looking."

All this "outrage" will likely result in more money for the guy.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm well that is pretty bad.... i had to take my elderly mother to find a dress last month and the only place we could find anyything was JC Penny's... all the others seem to have size 0 to -10...
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone so surprised? As for Jeffries, he's a gross old *kitten* who loads his face with plastic and surrounds himself with young half-naked white guys to make himself feel relevant. There are thousands of other shops to give your business, so why focus on this one?

For what it's worth, the last time I saw anyone around me wearing this brand, I was in high school....
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    all's fair in love and capitalism
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Free enterprise is an awesome thing because the best part is that we as consumers are free to shop where we want to.

The guy is a douchetard for sure, but is free to make the business choices he deems most appropriate for his store. I don't have to shop there I have plenty of other options. Thing is, even at a "size 10" I was never small enough to fit into their jeans or shirts thanks to my booty and boobies.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    OMG, did you know that Hooters only hires girls with great bodies and huge boobs? :noway:

Yeah totally not true. Back in my bartending days I worked with some former Hooters girls, neither were bigger than a full B.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options