Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Yeah that *kitten* is disgusting..I ate that processed crap and it made me feel awful. I'd rather eat nutritious food everyday than eat unhealthy crap.

I would rather eat food I like, which includes that *processed crap* as well as whole foods. Win/win.

THIS THIS THIS

I will open up my diary and everyone can see that I am eating a TON of whole foods.
    Last wed however i had a cheesesteak, oreos, cookies and cream ice cream...etc...and went over 500 or so that day...GASP! guess what guys? that's my MAINTENANCE calories!!

still lost a pound last week as i was in a deficit the rest of the days.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    i can't stop laughing at all these cat gifs.

It's really helping a slow Friday go a little faster. Thanks!
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Eating my Talenti, enjoying the usual debate...gonna join Dani in posting cat gifs

Oooh, I need some Talenti! To wash down this peanut butter burger I just ate...

dV0zzrKl.jpg
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mirdcdOdaH1r4d22do1_400.gif
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    See? You know nothing about the diet I USED to follow. You know, the one that allowed a certain amount of so called treats. It was THAT which led me to binging.

Negative, Ghost Rider, it was the lack of discipline and self control that led to the binging. Address the self control issue and the rest of weight loss is shockingly easy.

Actually, it's not for some of us. My macros are set at 1 pound a week and even though I faithfully weigh and record every morsel (of whole nourishing food I might add) I only lose about 1/2 pound per week. I work my tail off at the pool and lift both light and heavy weights. I am more active than I have ever been and that is not easy because I have arthritis. What else would you like to attack?

I guess your whole post- since it doesn't respond to anything I have said. What part of your post addresses binge eating?

I also have arthritis, also lift, run and eat pretty well. The fact that you haven't lost according to some online schedule has nothing to do with binge eating or self control.

Did you mean to quote someone else?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    deliverycaptain.jpg?w=720
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I would caution against processed foods. While you will lose weight if your caloric use exceeds your intake, the quality of your long term health will not improve. Ice cream and pop tarts everyday will not teach your body to burn fuel as efficiently as whole unprocessed foods. Additionally, consistently consuming foods like pop tarts and ice cream increase insulin resistance, a precursor to diabetes

That doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a sweet treat every now and then, but replacing your guilty pleasures with something a bit less guilty will help you long term. My former addiction? Mint chocolate chip ice cream every night religiously. I've replaced that with Greek yogurt (that comes in every flavor. Weekday breakfast? Irish oatmeal with a cup of raspberries.

I wasn't easy, but after some youtube videos and encouragement from some friends, I scaled back my relationship with processed food. I actually started seeing results, my energy levels went up, and I actually ate less. Once in a blue moon, I splurge and eat something totally indulgent. The previous commenters were correct, food shaming is out; however, I would strongly encourage you to be aware of the long term effects of pop tarts and ice cream every day. best wishes
    Youtube videos are legitimate sources now? So much BS in this post it stinks.

I thought it was quite reasonable. Live and let live?
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    tumblr_m6axjtFuOC1rvqjsio1_250.gif
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

You stay classy.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    How did you people who eat so perfectly all the time end up here in the first place? Just wondering.

Through eating the way OP promotes. Do you realize that 100 calories extra (not even a half-cup of ice cream) over what your body requires (and my body happens to use calories very efficiently apparently) over the course of 10 years is a 100-pound gain. And dieting only exacerbates the problem. So we cleaned up our act and got serious about making healthy changes. And here we are---loving our healthy new way of achieving our goals. :smile:

You forgot to add: "loving our healthy new way of achieving our goals... while trying to prove to others that I am better than them by nagging in a thread specifically titled Eating pizza, pop tarts, and ice cream while losing weight...SMILEY FACE."

I:smile: like:smile: you:smile:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Now THAT was just plain rude.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I honor of this thread I will be making some quickie chicken parm. I'm gonna egg dip, bread crumb, and then fry some chicken breast, smother them in sauce and cheese, then throw all that one some white pasta, perhaps with a nice spinach salad on the side. And cookie dough (just the dough. screw ice cream) And it will be delicious.

And within my calories and other such things.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I would caution against processed foods. While you will lose weight if your caloric use exceeds your intake, the quality of your long term health will not improve. Ice cream and pop tarts everyday will not teach your body to burn fuel as efficiently as whole unprocessed foods. Additionally, consistently consuming foods like pop tarts and ice cream increase insulin resistance, a precursor to diabetes

That doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a sweet treat every now and then, but replacing your guilty pleasures with something a bit less guilty will help you long term. My former addiction? Mint chocolate chip ice cream every night religiously. I've replaced that with Greek yogurt (that comes in every flavor. Weekday breakfast? Irish oatmeal with a cup of raspberries.

I wasn't easy, but after some youtube videos and encouragement from some friends, I scaled back my relationship with processed food. I actually started seeing results, my energy levels went up, and I actually ate less. Once in a blue moon, I splurge and eat something totally indulgent. The previous commenters were correct, food shaming is out; however, I would strongly encourage you to be aware of the long term effects of pop tarts and ice cream every day. best wishes
    Youtube videos are legitimate sources now? So much BS in this post it stinks.

I thought it was quite reasonable. Live and let live?
    Back up this quote " Ice cream and pop tarts everyday will not teach your body to burn fuel as efficiently as whole unprocessed foods"
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    39593754_9578.jpg

I'm stealing this!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

That almost made me vomit. Lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Now THAT was just plain rude.

If by "rude" you meant "hilarious", and/or "accurate and fair", then YES.
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    tumblr_mivfl5A2DW1qebj23o1_250.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    39593754_9578.jpg

PopTartCat_zpscfc145a7.gif
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    See? You know nothing about the diet I USED to follow. You know, the one that allowed a certain amount of so called treats. It was THAT which led me to binging.

Negative, Ghost Rider, it was the lack of discipline and self control that led to the binging. Address the self control issue and the rest of weight loss is shockingly easy.

Actually, it's not for some of us. My macros are set at 1 pound a week and even though I faithfully weigh and record every morsel (of whole nourishing food I might add) I only lose about 1/2 pound per week. I work my tail off at the pool and lift both light and heavy weights. I am more active than I have ever been and that is not easy because I have arthritis. What else would you like to attack?

I guess your whole post- since it doesn't respond to anything I have said. What part of your post addresses binge eating?

I also have arthritis, also lift, run and eat pretty well. The fact that you haven't lost according to some online schedule has nothing to do with binge eating or self control.

Did you mean to quote someone else?

No, I was merely disagreeing with your point that weight loss is ever easy for some of us, with or WITHOUT binge eating. I do not binge. Actually, since I got all the added sugar out, I am not even tempted. Freedom is a great thing.
  • TamaraA86
    TamaraA86 Posts: 3
    Options
    I totally agree, on Monday I slipped up and had 3 Hershey kisses and it went downhill from there. Not to mention it was "that time"for me (sorry if that's TMI) but after those 3 little Hershey kisses all I wanted was more chocolate so I went to family dollar and bought bags of chocolate candy and I feel miserable for eating all that sugar. I plan to get back on track asap!