Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    As I always say on these threads, those of us who are smaller to begin with have a lot fewer calories for wiggle room. I can't afford even a 400-calorie "treat" every day (that's one big cookie, fast-food serving of French fries, large slice of pizza....) and have a chance of hitting micros and macros. So good for you guys that can, but it's a lot harder for someone on 1200-1600 calories to make room in his or her lifestyle for junk food, no matter how delicious. Wish I had a spare 200 calories for a pop-tart, haha.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I st ill eat crap i love too. And i have lost weight as well. lol
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of angry people on these forums due to their misery that other people can indulge and maintain their goals whilst the "healthy" elitists eat tasteless kaka and have to pretend they like it. I even see this at my gym. Sometimes I'll have a Snickers bar as my post-workout snack and some people will act like I killed their pet. If these people were actually happy with their healthy lives, they wouldn't get so offended.

This. So this...

No--I don't think you can make that judgment. I really don't envy anyone who abuses his/her body with food. We eat to live--not live to eat. Life is about so much more than seeking momentary pleasures. What I strongly disagree with is the assumption that everyone can and should eat in the same unhealthful way as some advocate. What we say here today will be gone tomorrow but the body, unfortunately records every slight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just because "it fits your macros" that does not mean it is nutritious or good for you in any way. Eating this way is just fine for those who would like to make room for this stuff. I don't get that much enjoyment from junk so I tend to not eat it often. A pack of pop tarts and pizza make me feel drained, bloated and irritable. I like to feel good after I eat.

I'm glad that I don't have this overwhelming "bad" feeling after eating delicious foods. That only happens when I overeat, and that can also happen when I overeat veggies and fruits.

I eat delicious food. Just because YOU don't think what is on my plate is good, doesn't mean I am not enjoying it. I would rather have a cheese omelet with a side of blueberries for breakfast than poptarts or a bagel. If I were to eat something like a bagel, I wouldn't get enjoyment from it and I would feel ravenously hungry for the rest of the day. You fall into the "I assume you don't like your food because I don't like your food" category. Believe it or not, not everyone LOVES ti eat the same stuff YOU do.

Well it's good for you that you like healthy food better. But it's not really your place to criticize what others are eating, if they're still within their calories, eating healthy otherwise, and have good labs. I'm not gonna knock you down because you love your cheese omelets. Don't know me down because I like my 100 calories ice cream bar better (I love eggs and cheese but for some unknown reason omelets with cheese make me sick).

Take your own advice. Not everyone loves the same stuff you do.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and the original post. Eat in moderation and if you can fit certain so-called "bad" food into your macros, then do it. I'm not a big fan of pop tarts, but hey I know not everyone likes the same things I do.
    Weight loss is to become healthy. So why eat like a slob?

How am I eating like a slob?

Diary from yesterday:

Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Premium Performance Multi 31 Vitamins & Minerals, 1 tablet
    Nature's Bounty - Fish Oil 1400 Mg/980 Mg Omega-3, 1 Softgel
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme, 2 scoop (35g)

Lunch
    Kirkland Signature - Almonds, Dry Roasted and Salted, 28 g (1/4 cup)
    Barilla Plus Multigrain Pasta - Farfalle (Bowtie) Noodles, 1 oz
    Generic - Broccoli, 3 oz.
    Cauliflower - Raw Floweret, 3 ounce
    Coca-Cola - Cherry Coke Zero 12oz Can, 12 oz
    Bybee Organic Mixed Vegetables With Shelled Edemame (Costco) - Organic, Frozen Corn, Carrots, Green Beans, & Edamame, 2 cup (100g)
    Lawry's Marinade - Lemon Pepper, 1 tbs
    Kirkland Chicken Breast - Boneless skinless chicken breast, 8 oz
    Knudsen - Cottage Cheese - Lowfat Small Curd, 1/2 cup

Dinner
    Coca-Cola - Cherry Coke Zero 12oz Can, 12 oz
    Red Brick Pizza - Pizza Bufalo, 1 small pizza
    Gold Coast - Salad Spinach (Premium Select), 200 g
    Kirkland Chicken Breast - Boneless skinless chicken breast, 7 oz

Upper Crust Bakery - Mini Cinnamon Rolls, 2 rolls (37 g)
    Kellogg's - Pop-Tart - Frosted Red Velvet, 2 pastry
    General Mills Cheerios Plain - Plain Cherrios, 56 g
    Milk Walmart Great Value - 1% Milk, 0.75 cup (240ML)
    General Mills Cereal - Fiber One 80 Calories Honey Squares, 2 1/4 cup (30g)
    Edys - Slow Churned Mint Cookie, 2 cup 63g

Um. Where's the fruit? Blueberries are a nutritional bonanza, by the way. Proves my point---ever wonder why the fresh fruit rots away in the frig when there are lots of Christmas cookies, etc. around at the holidays? And Cheerios! Really? You'd be much better off with a serving of steel-cut oats (they are very good, you might like them)--they are a source of beta glucans--good for the immune system. The oat flour in Cheerios is so heavily processed that the beta glucans have been removed with the bran. If not steel-cut oats, then at least oat bran is a better source of nutrition (but most oat bran products are heavily laced with sugar and salt). I could help more, but I fear that I would be wasting my time.

I knew as soon as the original poster posted his intake for that particular day someone would nitpick his intake. I'm glad my latent psychic powers were right. :drinker:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Some people just want to lose weight.

Some people want to actually be healthy.

Enjoy your crappy processed foods.

Sounds like somebody's hangry.

Let's see.... I've lost over 100 pounds, lowered my blood pressure to perfection, my cholesterol levels are excellent, no sign of elevated blood sugar levels, AND I'm at 19% BF.

All while having the occasional Five Guys burger and fries, pizza, ice cream, and a Smart Ones/Lean Cuisine every day for lunch.

Imagine that... I *DO* enjoy my "crappy processed foods" while managing to lose weight AND be healthy.

No need to be so cranky. Maybe you just need a Snickers. :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Options
    Wish I had a spare 200 calories for a pop-tart, haha.

Go for an hour walk. Then you'll have the spare 200 calories.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    NOTE: A poptart serving size is one pastry.

I'd rather eat more food and not have stomach cramps before breakfast, though I do enjoy my son's crunchies sides he leaves behind with my coffee.

I save my real treat for later in the day, and sometimes that's a frozen protein smoothie.

But, I am smaller and cannot afford as many treats, so I have to make harder choices.

To each his own. Enjoy!

I eat my pop tarts right before bed, just for the record.

excellent meal time planning to cause maximum stomach confusion!

breakfast pastries at bedtime.

:drinker:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Just because "it fits your macros" that does not mean it is nutritious or good for you in any way. Eating this way is just fine for those who would like to make room for this stuff. I don't get that much enjoyment from junk so I tend to not eat it often. A pack of pop tarts and pizza make me feel drained, bloated and irritable. I like to feel good after I eat.

I'm glad that I don't have this overwhelming "bad" feeling after eating delicious foods. That only happens when I overeat, and that can also happen when I overeat veggies and fruits.

I eat delicious food. Just because YOU don't think what is on my plate is good, doesn't mean I am not enjoying it. I would rather have a cheese omelet with a side of blueberries for breakfast than poptarts or a bagel. If I were to eat something like a bagel, I wouldn't get enjoyment from it and I would feel ravenously hungry for the rest of the day. You fall into the "I assume you don't like your food because I don't like your food" category. Believe it or not, not everyone LOVES ti eat the same stuff YOU do.

Well it's good for you that you like healthy food better. But it's not really your place to criticize what others are eating, if they're still within their calories, eating healthy otherwise, and have good labs. I'm not gonna knock you down because you love your cheese omelets. Don't know me down because I like my 100 calories ice cream bar better (I love eggs and cheese but for some unknown reason omelets with cheese make me sick).

Take your own advice. Not everyone loves the same stuff you do.
    I didn't criticize anyone for eating anything. I said " Eating this way is just fine for those who would like to make room for this stuff. I don't get that much enjoyment from junk so I tend to not eat it often." That is not critical, I am stating my preference.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    No--I don't think you can make that judgment. I really don't envy anyone who abuses his/her body with food. We eat to live--not live to eat. Life is about so much more than seeking momentary pleasures. What I strongly disagree with is the assumption that everyone can and should eat in the same unhealthful way as some advocate. What we say here today will be gone tomorrow but the body, unfortunately records every slight.

tl;dr
  • Francl27
    Options
    How did you people who eat so perfectly all the time end up here in the first place? Just wondering.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    i think everybody can eat whatever they want to eat - if you feel good, can remain healthy, exercise, and enjoy your life then far be it for me to stop you! i know i personally feel like crap when i eat like crap, which FOR ME, crap is anything high in sugar or artificial ingredients, anything processed...etc. thats just for me though, i feel the effects that day, and sometimes the day after. so again, FOR ME, i prefer to eat mostly clean (unprocessed grows from the ground or has a mother) with a daily treat (like dark choco) and a weekly cheat (like half a burger or some nachos or creme brulee or something). and on those cheat days i still remain under 2200ish, and day to day i'm around 1800....currently losing slowly (but trying to build muscle).

but again, the theme here is thats just for me.

if you love pop tarts, eat them. :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I have a Snickers almost every day... sometimes twice. And I have never felt or looked better.

Food shaming is so 2008.

STOP SHAMING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

36gow.gif
  • valarielala
    valarielala Posts: 15
    Options

Enjoy limiting yourself when you don't need to to be healthy.

Shouldn't everyone "need to be healthy"?
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    cdab810b72e0f51e9fcd6bc7ccfd81cd_zps6b00e9f9.jpg

This is the cinnamon roll I shared with a friend. It is the size of a freakin to go container.

But this is not the norm. It is called a TREAT.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's a shame at how some people just came in here to derail/hijack the thread. I hope that it doesn't cause the point to get missed. Good thread OP. *hugs*
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Run everyday like I do. That's what I do and I can eat anything I want without it affecting my weight. It helps me maintain my weight.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

Enjoy limiting yourself when you don't need to to be healthy.

Shouldn't everyone "need to be healthy"?

read it again. more slowly.
  • Francl27
    Options
    BRAVA! BRAVA! :flowerforyou: Thank you so much for making this point. Once you cleanse your palate of all the junk, real food becomes wonderful and totally satisfying.

I find both junk and real food delicious. Your point?
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    How did you people who eat so perfectly all the time end up here in the first place? Just wondering.

if you want to know, I came looking for ways to stop binging. And I was able to uncover a solution. I have not binged in about 4 months. And before you go there, my binges were sometimes on vegetables or fruit, sometimes peanut butter and potato chips, what ever was within arms reach really.

you need to lose 40lbs. in 4 months you've lost 5lbs. yet you say you came here solely to prevent binging.

seems legit.

maybe, just maybe, the reason you're binging is because of your overly restrictive diet.