Calling all Coke Zero drinkers...

Options

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose quite a bit of weight while drinking Cherry Coke Zero and coffee with sweetner every day.
    You have Cherry Coke Zero?! Ohhhh I would so get that instead if I could find it at the shops I go to here. I've only found regular Coke Zero so far. Must search this out. Cherry Coke is my favorite of the naughty soda treats!

We get cherry diet coke, cherry diet zero, cherry diet pepsi max too in the UK (Asda is great for this!).

JEALOUS!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I drink coke zero and Monster ultra zeros everyday..... It hasn't stalled my weight loss at all or causes me to gain any, if anything it gave me more energy for the gym so i burned more calories at the gym

If Im really tired i will have a sugar free energy drink before the gym and I ALWAYS work out way harder!
  • dietcokeg
    dietcokeg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    for the past 6 - 7 years, i was dependent on diet coke - no joke, no exaggeration. going to college I would have at least 3 cans in my bag - one would be for breakfast on the run, one for a snack one for lunch. I was studying law, which involved many a long night, whenever i felt a bit tired no joke I would down 2 - 3 in a row because it gave me a rush of sugar and got me hyper. It was my drug - I had the worst sleep pattern ever and not to mention i ate absolute crap - everything i ate was devoid of any nutritional value.

My weight kept going up and up i started from a size 12 (uk) until last year i was doing my Masters and i was a size 18(uk). i am not saying the diet coke made me gain the weight, but let me tell you it certainly didn't help me in any way. i felt like crap when i drank it, i had the worst cramps ever and the worst mouth ulcers imaginable yet i kept it up for that many years.

I started eating clean this March and i asked my trainer 'tell me something that will stop my drinking diet coke' and when i asked her i didn't expect her to convince me at all.

she flat out said and fizzy drink, think of it as an illegal drink, and she told me a story about her friend. he was in a withdrawal/rehab clinic and she went to visit him, she didn't know he had any sort of dependency issue at all or that he was on any drugs. she was shown a video of him having withdrawal symptoms and he was shaking uncontrollably, was white as a ghost and was talking to himself - she was in shock. she thought surely this was a side effect of some class A drug but she was told he was addicted to Coca Cola - this guy was so dependent on Coca Cola that it effected every aspect of his life and he felt the need to spend 5000euro on rehab for his problem. she thought it was some sort of joke for the first few seconds.

Now I know this type of addiction to a fizzy drinks incredibly rare and hard to believe but it got me thinking - why even risk putting something like that in your body - my body deserves better.

Also I knew damn well of the effects of aspartame and the story just hit home and I haven't had a fizzy drink since or any desire to do so.

Now i'm not saying don't drink 1 a day because you might end up in rehab LOL but i think this story is definitely food for thought
  • hungrywhodat
    hungrywhodat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, what a load of nonsense that post was.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    for the past 6 - 7 years, i was dependent on diet coke - no joke, no exaggeration. going to college I would have at least 3 cans in my bag - one would be for breakfast on the run, one for a snack one for lunch. I was studying law, which involved many a long night, whenever i felt a bit tired no joke I would down 2 - 3 in a row because it gave me a rush of sugar and got me hyper. It was my drug - I had the worst sleep pattern ever and not to mention i ate absolute crap - everything i ate was devoid of any nutritional value.

My weight kept going up and up i started from a size 12 (uk) until last year i was doing my Masters and i was a size 18(uk). i am not saying the diet coke made me gain the weight, but let me tell you it certainly didn't help me in any way. i felt like crap when i drank it, i had the worst cramps ever and the worst mouth ulcers imaginable yet i kept it up for that many years.

I started eating clean this March and i asked my trainer 'tell me something that will stop my drinking diet coke' and when i asked her i didn't expect her to convince me at all.

she flat out said and fizzy drink, think of it as an illegal drink, and she told me a story about her friend. he was in a withdrawal/rehab clinic and she went to visit him, she didn't know he had any sort of dependency issue at all or that he was on any drugs. she was shown a video of him having withdrawal symptoms and he was shaking uncontrollably, was white as a ghost and was talking to himself - she was in shock. she thought surely this was a side effect of some class A drug but she was told he was addicted to Coca Cola - this guy was so dependent on Coca Cola that it effected every aspect of his life and he felt the need to spend 5000euro on rehab for his problem. she thought it was some sort of joke for the first few seconds.

Now I know this type of addiction to a fizzy drinks incredibly rare and hard to believe but it got me thinking - why even risk putting something like that in your body - my body deserves better.

Also I knew damn well of the effects of aspartame and the story just hit home and I haven't had a fizzy drink since or any desire to do so.

Now i'm not saying don't drink 1 a day because you might end up in rehab LOL but i think this story is definitely food for thought

ummm firstly i don't eat crap, and i have already lost 10kgs so it doesn't really apply to me.
    secondly I also think it was more likely to me the fact you ate rubbish all day and your body was run down,you weren't looking after your self-hence the ulcers.

You probably never drank water or exercised either
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

• skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero (in the States) and it has zero calories. Idk wtf peeps are talkin' about! Lol
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero (in the States) and it has zero calories. Idk wtf peeps are talkin' about! Lol
    [/quote

as stated...in the states if its under 5 cals they can say its zero cals...if you read through you will find it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I just finished a coke zero just then. Oh BTW I also managed to buy a size 10 par of super skinny jeans & fit into them today. I guess that coke zero hindered that, I should be an 8 instead perhaps?
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Try brewing your own KOMBUCHA - it will kick your soda cravings
  • JesT23
    JesT23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love the cherry version! I've really made progress in eliminating processed foods so I thought about cutting out my occasional (a few per week) Cherry Coke Zero but the delicious pros just out-weigh the cons for me.

Seems like you have to ingest a LOT of aspartame for it to become a real medical concern (unless you have an underlying illness). Speaking realistically, If soda or anything else triggers your sweet tooth, I'd say stay away from all of it.

Sweets have never been a problem for me because I basically just crave Nutella once a month during a condition unrelated to my soda consumption. Kept in moderation, I'm happily drinking Coke Zero and losing weight, my friend.
  • Fay132010
    Fay132010 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    if you stop dinking ANY carbonated drink then you will see a BIG difference in your stomach, i used to have 2-3 cans of coke a day and was frutrated as i was losing weight but my stomach still looked bloated. cut out all fizzy drinks (and chewing gum) and now my stomach is nice and flat with my abs starting to show.

This is nonsense.
    um... it's actually not- i've lost 10cm off my waist and 12 off my waist from stopping drinking fizzy drinks. it's not the drinks themselves but the carbon that causes bloating as it gets trapped in your stomach
  • jonnythan
    Options
    if you stop dinking ANY carbonated drink then you will see a BIG difference in your stomach, i used to have 2-3 cans of coke a day and was frutrated as i was losing weight but my stomach still looked bloated. cut out all fizzy drinks (and chewing gum) and now my stomach is nice and flat with my abs starting to show.

This is nonsense.
    um... it's actually not- i've lost 10cm off my waist and 12 off my waist from stopping drinking fizzy drinks. it's not the drinks themselves but the carbon that causes bloating as it gets trapped in your stomach

Carbon dioxide does not "get trapped in your stomach." You've lost inches off your waist (is it 10cm or 12?) because you've lost body mass, not because you had liters and liters of carbon built up in your "stomach," which is nowhere near your waist anyway.

Your entire claim here is 100% absolute nonsense.
  • DennyHodge
    DennyHodge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've lost 62 pounds and Coke Zero is my favorite drink. I don't drink it as much as I used to, but I may have 1 or 2 on some days. It's all about moderation.
  • Fay132010
    Options

This is nonsense.

Carbon dioxide does not "get trapped in your stomach." You've lost inches off your waist (is it 10cm or 12?) because you've lost body mass, not because you had liters and liters of carbon built up in your "stomach," which is nowhere near your waist anyway.

i meant 10 off my waist and 12 off my hips and it wasn't because i lost BM.
    did you ever think that maybe my body reacts differently to coke than yours does? and it's not just me- a few of my friends feel better now they aren't drinking fizzy drinks
  • jonnythan
    Options

This is nonsense.

did you ever think that maybe my body reacts differently to coke than yours does? and it's not just me- a few of my friends feel better now they aren't drinking fizzy drinks

So your body is storing carbon dioxide in your hips as well as your stomach?

Remember, you said "um... it's actually not- i've lost 10cm off my waist and 12 off my waist from stopping drinking fizzy drinks. it's not the drinks themselves but the carbon that causes bloating as it gets trapped in your stomach." You said it's not the drinks but the carbon that causes bloating and that's why you lost so many inches from your waist and hips.

You really think that carbon dioxide in soda caused 10cm bloating in your waist and 12cm bloating in your hips?

No. Carbon dioxide does not do that. The idea is ludicrous and your claim is nonsense.

Cutting out sugary soda is a good way to cut out empty calories. Cutting out diet soda is not going to make anyone lose anything, much less 12cm on their hips.
  • chelseyjo09
    Options
    I switched from mr pibb to coke zero and I drink it all day every day! In total before I even started my fitness pal I have lost 80 pounds! with mfp help I lost 50 all while drinking coke zero daily!
  • Fay132010
    Options

This is nonsense.

Remember, you said "um... it's actually not- i've lost 10cm off my waist and 12 off my waist from stopping drinking fizzy drinks. it's not the drinks themselves but the carbon that causes bloating as it gets trapped in your stomach." You said it's not the drinks but the carbon that causes bloating and that's why you lost so many inches from your waist and hips.

You really think that carbon dioxide in soda caused 10cm bloating in your waist and 12cm bloating in your hips?

No. Carbon dioxide does not do that. The idea is ludicrous and your claim is nonsense.

Cutting out sugary soda is a good way to cut out empty calories. Cutting out diet soda is not going to make anyone lose anything, much less 12cm on their hips.
    carbon dioxide does actually get trapped in the stomach- so does air you take in while chewing gum and the CO2 in bread also gets trapped in your stomach
  • jonnythan
    Options

This is nonsense.

carbon dioxide does actually get trapped in the stomach- so does air you take in while chewing gum and the CO2 in bread also gets trapped in your stomach

And you think it makes your hips bigger?

Where do you think your stomach is?
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I DID NOT KNOW THIS!

Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written like this before. and REMEMBER if you "SHARE" this post it will SAVE on your personal page so you can refer to it later.

WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7.. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

IMPORTANT INFO

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?