giving up alcohol

Options
1234568»

Replies

• GeekChiccc
    GeekChiccc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It has been 2 weeks since I completely gave up alcohol. I was binge drinking. I was litteraly drinking 2 bottles of wine per day on my own and ended up eating lots of food before going to bed. I was drinking alcohol for almost 2 years. I already lost 7 pounds by stopping, no exercise and feel much more healthy. I originally weighted 115 pounds and got up to 143 pounds just because of it. Now I am 128 pounds but look a little bloated from the face and stomach. Can't wait to see the results in a month! Alcohol for me did more harm than good. I'm done with it.
  • GeorgiaPeach705
    Options
    I gave up alcohol about a year ago because I was going to quit smoking and knew I couldn't drink and not smoke. Over a year smoke free btw, woot woot. But man I drink every now and then, once every couple of months, and I always regret it. I'm not talking about drunk either, one beer and the next day I am dehydrated and feeling terrible! Some time will go by and I'll say "I'll take a beer, NBD" Mistake! It does seem like I have to continue to test this every few months though! Will I ever learn?
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been in recovery from prescription pain medication for almost 2 years and subsequently gave up alcohol as well. It's been tough but everyone here is not alone. I feel great as we'll.
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also was a big drinker. I still drink so I haven't given it up completely, but I try to opt for lower calorie options (or one regular one), fit it as close to my daily calorie intake as possible (if it goes slightly over and I planned for it, fine, but not over by too much - hopefully not at all), and so on.

I still drink. Just not as much and not as often.

I am a big wine drinker, I work allot so having a glass or two or three on my day offs or on weekends when I get off work are to look forward to however; have really interrupted my weigh loss. I need to gain my self control back and not have as many or as often. I do not have too many weaknesses but this definatley is one of them.