Worst Wedding You've Ever Attended

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez so many.

An old school friend's where after the church ceremony the main wedding party went outside to have the photos done and us guests were told to stay inside until it was over - they even shut the doors. Someone wanted to go out to take their own snaps and was stopped by the verger to the point of being man-handled back to his seat.

The one where it all ended abruptly after the main meal. The bride & groom took off at 6pm leaving the rest of the guests milling around the hotel wondering WTF? Fortunately the best man knew of a local pub we could decamp to.

A cousin's wedding in a civic centre, complete with tressel tables, paper tablecloths and bowls of tinned tomato soup handed down from guest to guest, thumbs included. Actually thinking back that one was a doozie, complete with a fight between opposing sides of the two families at the end of the night!

And.... my own. I'd had a huge row with my Mum over the guest list and she was still sulking about it on the day. With the result that for our evening dance she took practically my whole family off to another part of the hotel altogether and I hardly saw them all evening. They missed our first dance and my tossing the bouquet. A couple of times I went to find them to encourage them to come and join the rest of us but all I got was Mum complaining that I wasn't spending any time with THEM. One of my brothers dared to defy her and snuck into the dance shoot some video footage, but he was so wasted the images were completely out of focus (most of them were of the tops of people's heads) and his drunken commentary complete with inappropriate comments about some of our guests meant that I could never show it to anyone afterwards. But we must have got something right as hubby and I are still together 20 years later!