oooo.... officially creeped out now....
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Your post is condescending and rude.

your stick figure is sticky.

450swyu45yu3.gif

oooo.... officially creeped out now....

Me too!! Holy hell that is freaky looking!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I do have a question for the OP...are you going to post a follow up thread asking why all of these new people looking for advice continue to argue with the people who give them the advice?

For example:

Subject Line: "I can't seem lose weight"

Body: "I've been here for a week and I haven't lost any weight. I'm eating 1200 calories and exercising about 400 calorie burns, but eating back my exercise calories doesn't make sense so I'm not going to do it.

The response: "MFP is designed so you eat your calories burn to maintain a healthy deficit, if you don't eat them back, you aren't eating enough to allow your body to properly function. The body needs fuel"

OP response "Well, that's just stupid! It don't make sense so I'm not gonna do it! I'm fat and want to get skinny so I'm not gonna eat them back!! I just want someone to tell me how to lose weight..not eat more! Duh!!"

It's hard to imagine why anyone would want to post comments in threads like this one. People are mean and they suck.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Camels-With-Hammers-Civility-Pledge.jpeg
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore them and keep yourself classy. Positive behavior tends to rub off on people :)

beautifully said =)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    *headdesk*

If what you see on MFP forums is rude, I would love to live in your world.

Seriously, this place is rainbows and unicorns compared to many other forums and even real life.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Camels-With-Hammers-Civility-Pledge.jpeg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

Thank you!!! People on here are a-holes. Guess they forget what it's like to just start out.

Well, several times I've tried to be helpful by posting what worked *for me* and been attacked.
    A lot of times people simply don't want to hear what worked, because they don't want to hear it. Get over it, I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Eeeeek! . Happy weekend everyone! I really hate the spooky picture though. Love David Tennant in the rain.....
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    In on lunchtime butthurt thread
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    wpid-423297_345468868839458_244753448911001_980254_650312443_n.jpeg

Love this! ^ QFT!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I would say there are rude people about any place you go...so make a conscious decision to not get yourself caught up in it and just ignore it. 7 pages to this thread but the answer is just this easy....
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

EVERYONE IS HERE FOR THE SAME REASON

I don't know why people always say this.

No, everyone is not here for the same reason. Some people are here to lose, some to gain, some to maintain, some to BS around on their wall or in the forums, some to just simply track dietary needs, etc, etc, etc, etc. The list can go on and on of the different reasons people are on here.

How about the people that just think that everyone is exactly like themselves and reacts the same as they would just get over themselves? This is a global community, we do not all react the same to information. I hate being coddled and much prefer hard, cold facts. I like it when people are straight with me and tell me if I am on the wrong path. I don't expect everyone to be like me, why do you think everyone is like you?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I do have a question for the OP...are you going to post a follow up thread asking why all of these new people looking for advice continue to argue with the people who give them the advice?

For example:

Subject Line: "I can't seem lose weight"

Body: "I've been here for a week and I haven't lost any weight. I'm eating 1200 calories and exercising about 400 calorie burns, but eating back my exercise calories doesn't make sense so I'm not going to do it.

The response: "MFP is designed so you eat your calories burn to maintain a healthy deficit, if you don't eat them back, you aren't eating enough to allow your body to properly function. The body needs fuel"

OP response "Well, that's just stupid! It don't make sense so I'm not gonna do it! I'm fat and want to get skinny so I'm not gonna eat them back!! I just want someone to tell me how to lose weight..not eat more! Duh!!"

It's hard to imagine why anyone would want to post comments in threads like this one. People are mean and they suck.

For anyone that thinks the example above is an exaggeration...it's not. True story.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

This is one of the dumbest posts ever on MFP.

And man that's really saying something.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options

This is one of the dumbest posts ever on MFP.

And man that's really saying something.

pmp.gif
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    in before the lock
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

Thank you!!! People on here are a-holes. Guess they forget what it's like to just start out.

Well, several times I've tried to be helpful by posting what worked *for me* and been attacked.
    A lot of times people simply don't want to hear what worked, because they don't want to hear it. Get over it, I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts.

What's wrong with pizza and pop tarts? IIFYM
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I agree....some people forget that they were once the ones looking for advice, then the drop 50lb and go all diva like....shame some peoples attitudes cant reflect on the inside what they become on the outside.

The reason those successful people have that attitude is because that attitude is what is takes to succeed.
This discussion has been closed.