• thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they need a "Butthurt" Forum for these posts
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I notice you left out police... because they are strangers and btw so are law officials and yet they tell us how to behave.

And actually yes, I have gone up to a complete stranger and told them to stop screaming in a restaurant and ruining everybodies meal. The childs parents were pointing out how the childs behavior had everybody staring at him and yet they did nothing about it. They wanted to embarrass him into behaving properly and when that didn't work, I went over there and told him to knock it off, that it was rude... and you know what, people actually applauded! lol
    [/quote]

Are you serious?? If you had come up to my table and spoke to my children, in any capacity I probably would have told you to go fu*k yourself. Who are you to tell someone else how to act in public. Unbelievable to me that you actually think you did something good here.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

Thank you!!! People on here are a-holes. Guess they forget what it's like to just start out.

Well, several times I've tried to be helpful by posting what worked *for me* and been attacked.
    A lot of times people simply don't want to hear what worked, because they don't want to hear it. Get over it, I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts.

What's wrong with pizza and pop tarts? IIFYM

I just live how the combo of bread , meat, cheese and veggies suddenly becomes unhealthy when combined.

Also, nothing wrong with poptarts either
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well, several times I've tried to be helpful by posting what worked *for me* and been attacked.
    A lot of times people simply don't want to hear what worked, because they don't want to hear it. Get over it, I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts.

A lot of people are doing great eating pizza and pop tarts. Demonizing certain foods is dumb.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP and to all the other people who believe people are mean and rude.......that is life and not restricted to MFP only.....

I find the experienced users on here know what they are talking about and it is helpful to have such wonderful knowledge available on the boards. I have not been around for long at all, but I even get tired of the "1200 calorie, detox, toxin and cleanse" threads. It takes up space for the good stuff.

Anyhow....since that is out of the way....I am going to enjoy some gifs now
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    bbgif.gif

I don't know what's going on here but I am so glad that this gif has come into my life.
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    bbgif.gif

OMG cant stop laughing at this!!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bbgif.gif

I don't know what's going on here but I am so glad that this gif has come into my life.

Ballet at its finest. :tongue:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they need a "Butthurt" Forum for these posts
    Perfect. Then they have the best place for their rainbows and butterflies and unicorn kisses, and the rest of us can occasionally go for the lolz if we desire but don't have to be annoyed by them in here.

tl;dr - Do it, MFP!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Are you serious?? If you had come up to my table and spoke to my children, in any capacity I probably would have told you to go fu*k yourself. Who are you to tell someone else how to act in public. Unbelievable to me that you actually think you did something good here.

And yet we have 8 pages of people telling others how to act on forums.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-15273-1364232006-8.gif
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness.... this is pointless and completely ridiculous. First off people are going to be mean, you can't stop them. Some think they are better than others, some are insecure, some are just unhappy, and for some that is just their personality. There are lots of rude people on here. I've been called rude myself by actually trying to support someone on here, and did it hurt my feelings, NO! My life does not revolve around what people on a website think of me. You really need to try to brush it off and not let it get to you! There are so many other things in life to worry about. And as for everyone who are pointing fingers saying this is rude, and that is rude.... well have you never been rude at any point in your life? I thought so, were all human and we are all different people. Just let it go. Instead of bickering on a forum, about what you think is rude and what isn't rude, how about you get up and do something to promote your health... go for a run, go to the gym, whatever works for you, because I'm 100% sure that getting up and away from the computer is going to help you so much more with your goals than wasting your time like this.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

A lot of people are doing great eating pizza and pop tarts. Demonizing certain foods is dumb.

See what happened there? I said in the original quote "what worked *for me*". You really don't have to agree :smile:
  • FitterStrongerHappier
    FitterStrongerHappier Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your post is condescending and rude.

your stick figure is sticky.

450swyu45yu3.gif

oooo.... officially creeped out now....

Me too!! Holy hell that is freaky looking!!!

Agreed.. I think this might just give me nightmares...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

See what happened there? I said in the original quote "what worked *for me*". You really don't have to agree :smile:

Uh, in the original quote you said "I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts."

I responded by saying "A lot of people are doing great eating pizza and pop tarts. Demonizing certain foods is dumb."

This rerun has been brought to you by Geritol! Available at your local 1960s pharmacy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    corrinebrown wrote: "Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted."

And there lies the root of your problem. When I joined MFP, I spent time going reading the forum to see what I can learn and obtain answers to questions that I may have. This is call taking responsibility, 15 minutes a day is not too much to ask to do this. All of us are busy busy busy (the Angie commercial), but the ones that spend time going through the forum, do not expect others to be instantly at our disposal.

I find some people expect instant answers to their questions, because they are too lazy to do a little research. If there is an answer to a question that I was thinking about or a website address that have interesting information, I normally copy it and paste in Wordpad to read at my leisure.

Some people are not as computer literate as you or lack time for all the research. The only way they are wasting your time is if you choose to answer them. Instead of berating them for not searching themselves why not just go to another forum where your time wont be wasted.

And then we get posters complaining that everyone is so mean because I asked a question and was completely ignored. Can't win for losin'.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WARNING! WARNING WARNING!
    Danger Will Robinson!
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ugh, just ignore it. Ignore rude responses to your questions, and those of you who are so much more experienced and bothered by answering the same questions over and over again...just ignore the questions. Common sense y'all...
  • planetamy
    planetamy Posts: 4
    Options
    @ Bannedword --- Being snide (as you are in your post) is against the policies of this site. If you can't be positive, be quiet.
This discussion has been closed.