SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• slyrat
    slyrat Posts: 28
    Options
    Naw. Not everyone can attain a size zero, and definitely not everyone should aim for that. At 5'3" I'm naturally a skinnyfat 0, but I think a lot of my taller friends would look ill at that size. All depends on the individual person and their build. I think there are way better goals to have than a particular size, anyway.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Eh never going to happen for me. My hips are too wide to ever get there
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?

Oh, I just realized that this person was claiming that I don't eat. No, I eat over 2000 calories a day (and I'm only 5'2"). Definitely ignorant, to claim that someone doesn't eat. :huh:

So very, very ignorant. I do see maintainers like us get questioned a lot as to why we are even here, which is such a dumb question. If you have to ask that question in the first place, I will tell you are just going to be a statistic who is doomed to gain their weight back. Maintenance is work and it is for life. It's not just about weight maintenance - it's health maintenance as well.

Yes, I love shopping for clothes - I'm completed addicted now that they actually look good on me. I'm also addicted to being able to do 10 pull ups, run any distance I want, and bike any distance I want without getting winded. It's the whole package. If I have to count calories for the rest of my life to have this, I'm so all for it. Honestly it takes about two minutes out of my day, and I get so much back from it and then some.
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2', so hopefully I'll be able to achieve this. Size zero, hmm.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    with vanity sizing, anyone can be a zero!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

True this. I have tried on women's size zero's that I can swim in, and the same goes for size small and xsmall shirts.

I like to stick with juniors sizes as they are far more consistent and they generally are made for less curvy women like myself. I can almost buy almost any size 7 jeans without trying them on, knowing they will fit. That is a rare thing!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?

Oh, I just realized that this person was claiming that I don't eat. No, I eat over 2000 calories a day (and I'm only 5'2"). Definitely ignorant, to claim that someone doesn't eat. :huh:

So very, very ignorant. I do see maintainers like us get questioned a lot as to why we are even here, which is such a dumb question. If you have to ask that question in the first place, I will tell you are just going to be a statistic who is doomed to gain their weight back. Maintenance is work and it is for life. It's not just about weight maintenance - it's health maintenance as well.

Yes, I love shopping for clothes - I'm completed addicted now that they actually look good on me. I'm also addicted to being able to do 10 pull ups, run any distance I want, and bike any distance I want without getting winded. It's the whole package. If I have to count calories for the rest of my life to have this, I'm so all for it. Honestly it takes about two minutes out of my day, and I get so much back from it and then some.

Excellent achievements!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

True this. I have tried on women's size zero's that I can swim in, and the same goes for size small and xsmall shirts.

I like to stick with juniors sizes as they are far more consistent and they generally are made for less curvy women like myself. I can almost buy almost any size 7 jeans without trying them on, knowing they will fit. That is a rare thing!

I'm in the same boat. Women's sizing is often huge. I AM curvy- 35- 25.5- 36, and even so, juniors fits better. I'm usually a 3, not a zero, but I also find the sizing more consistent.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I vary beween a size 4-6. I could probably fit into a zero, but honestly, I have no desire to look/have the body type of a 12 year old girl.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maybe for a younger not fully grown woman. But once you have curves, it's kind of unrealistic. Maybe for women who have a straighter body type. And you would have to work really hard to keep that up.

Umm, I'm a fully grown woman. I wear 00 in most clothing and 0 in a few. I do work hard but it's not to keep a size zero. It's to keep my body looking the way I want it. And I don't have a straight body type either. I have an *kitten* and it's a pretty nice *kitten* if I do say so myself:) No one should be judged by the size of their clothing and that goes for big or small.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Maybe for a younger not fully grown woman. But once you have curves, it's kind of unrealistic. Maybe for women who have a straighter body type. And you would have to work really hard to keep that up.

Umm, I'm a fully grown woman. I wear 00 in most clothing and 0 in a few. I do work hard but it's not to keep a size zero. It's to keep my body looking the way I want it. And I don't have a straight body type either. I have an *kitten* and it's a pretty nice *kitten* if I do say so myself:) No one should be judged by the size of their clothing and that goes for big or small.

Ditto the above post. I want to look a certain way, not wear a certain size. I could care less what size clothing people wear. I'm short and small framed and I work hard.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat. Women's sizing is often huge. I AM curvy- 35- 25.5- 36, and even so, juniors fits better. I'm usually a 3, not a zero, but I also find the sizing more consistent.
    i agree too. i also am finding juniors is way more consistent in sizes. I am 32- 25.5-36 and wear a size 3 juniors as well, i can only wear a 0 once in a while when i shop in a "woman's store"... like rickies. i think a size 0 is very realistic for us shorter people as we tend to have smaller frames, if anyone was 5.10 and a 0 i would be worried.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", and I would never WANT to be a zero. I think that I look sick and unhealthy at anything less than a size 10. My 19 yo daughter, however is 5'3" and is a healthy size 0.

She's my mini-me. :)

This! :smile: I am also 6'1". There is NO way I could ever be in a 0! But that is OK, I can rock a 10-12!

"Mini me" :laugh: I love it! I can't wait to see how tall my daughter will be (she is only 8 months so I have some time to wait)

Just be the best YOU that you can be ladies! Don't get crazy about the size! Good luck to all! :flowerforyou:
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    my daughter is size 0 but she is also twelve she is a nice skinny body but by the time she is 16 she will still be skinny however she will not be a size 0
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I think some people can be healthy and be a size zero, but I don't think this is an attainable goal for everybody. I don't think it is for me! I'd be happy with size 6 personally.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Size 0 is swimming on me. Try a Banana Republic or Ann Taylor, they are more like a size 6.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    my daughter is size 0 but she is also twelve she is a nice skinny body but by the time she is 16 she will still be skinny however she will not be a size 0
    Are you somehow seeing the future? I was smaller at 16 than I was at 12.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    Try a thrift shop -- Goodwill and salvation army. Many women give up the idea of being a size 0-2 and just donate to declutter. I got most of my size 0-2 at a Goodwill store because there was not anywhere else to shop it.
    I'm currently pushing between a size 0 and a size 2. But I'm only 5'3" have an EXTREMELY small frame, and weigh 111 pounds, too. The hardest part for me is actually *finding* those sizes anywhere....
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Yes, being a size 0 you can have curves. The proportions are just not as wide as people who are curvy at a size 8. Like I said earlier, a size 0 for a 10 year old is different than a size 0 for a 20 year old. I can't belive how this concept is so hard for people to understand. I guess they don't know many skinny people.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Sure, but a 23" waist is a 23" waist. Were a size 0, 40 years ago really that much smaller?