SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It's just a number and is completely arbitrary. A US0 is a UK2.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well if you are small boned tiny frame my mother was that at 5ft 3 in and after my brother and I 5 yrs later she wore a size 0 ,22 waist 33 hips at 98lbs.She always had small hips shes mush older now so things have changed in fact it caused her to have issues with giving birth ,her pelivs was so small, so 2 c sections for her but thats my mothers story. i however at 4ft 10 have never been a zero my hips are to wide even when Im 105.My body type is nothing like hers.She was endowed but no hips if you can imagine how odd that may have looked. 34 dd -22-33,she hated it .She still does.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    my hips are wide. it's impossible for me to be at that size. (not that i am not happy about that. i like my body type)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I personally have no interest in wearing a size zero. At all.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If you are healthy, follow a nutritious meal plan, and get plenty of exercise, that's what matters - whether you are a size 0 or a size 8. Your clothing size is arbitrary, and nobody can see the tag on the inside but you.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I know someone 4'6", she might be able to do it.
    Uhhh so can taller people. I'm 5'8", see that dress in my picture? Yup, size zero. I have narrow hips. Your size also depends on your body type.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I know someone 4'6", she might be able to do it.
    Uhhh so can taller people. I'm 5'8", see that dress in my picture? Yup, size zero. I have narrow hips. Your size also depends on your body type.

This! I am 5'9" and wear a size 0 in most woman's dresses and skirts as well as I also have narrow hips. You don't have to be short to wear that size.
  • batfeathers
    Options
    i see tons of little teeny (usually asian) girls who could easily be a size zero and they look very healthy, they're just exceptionally naturally petite. i think if you are just naturally very very petite you could be at your ideal weight and be a size 0. probably not most of us though!
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options

There weren't size 0s 40 years ago. I didn't see my first size 0 until the early 1990s.

Sizing has changed. I remember when I was in college, during the reign of the supermodels (Cindy, Claudia, Linda, Naomi), supermodels wore a size 8. Now, models who wear a size 8 are considered plus sized models. And as gorgeous as the plus sized models are, they're not as slender as a 1980s-1990s model. Size 8 is bigger now than it was then.

And there was Twiggy.........................:smile:
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    With my hips I could be a skeleton and only fit into a size 6. No joking..
    It's all about the body type you are have!
  • sd0104
    sd0104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was a size 00 or 0 - she looked great...she had a really petite frame and did not look sickly. Me on the other hand? I have curves/hips and a butt that I could never squeeze into a size 0 - not that I would want too...it wouldn't look good on me...my ideal size is an 8/9
  • kariplease
    kariplease Posts: 43
    Options
    I weigh 150 lbs right now and fit into a US 4/6. I have about another 20 lbs to go to be at the highest healthy BMI.

I think it's possible that when I get to my goal weight, I could be a size 0. I have muscular legs bug I'm small framed at 5'1.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I vary beween a size 4-6. I could probably fit into a zero, but honestly, I have no desire to look/have the body type of a 12 year old girl.

eh, at 12 I was 120 lbs and a C cup working my way into a D cup. At 12 I was more shapely than quite a few adult women. At 25 (almost 26) I'm 121 pounds, a size 0-2, and a DD. I'm 5'4' and have been that height since I was 13.

Me, too. I was at my current height with hips and boobs by 12. I started my period when I was 11. I was taller than everyone up until that point. Then I stopped growing and they kept growing and I ended up one of the shorties! lol But I've had my hourglass figure since I was about 10 years old.

That said, without trying, my body just dropped a bunch of weight between 12 and 15 and I ended up much smaller when I was older. I guess something to do with hormones and puberty. I don't think 115 pounds for me -- maybe even 110 -- at 36 years old is unattainable or unhealthy. I have a small frame.

I have no idea what size that is, but when I was a teenager, it was a juniors' size 3.

Different strokes, for different folks. I have been in that boat. I weighed 95 lbs and was a 00 until i was 23 when I had my child, then I was a size 2. I look at pics of me then and now and I and I just can't fathom being that tiny again. Currently, I'm 5'4" and am at 117 (a year ago I dropped to 110 and it just didn't look right). What looks good on someone else doesn't necessarily apply for me, but more power to you if that works for you.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I had to get down to around 105 Ibs at my 5'10 height, to get the 33-34 hips required for that size.
    It is the size that many anorexics strive for, and will near kill themselves to be.
    That, to me, considering there are a number of such on this site, makes this topic irresponsible and triggering.
    It is no more something to be proud of, than someone being a size 8 or 14 or 6.
    But those who have an obsession with size and numbers, who are eating disordered, will see this topic and be agonising over how to get themselves to this supposedly much coveted size 0.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen! I have zero interest in looking like a walking skeleton. I'm a 16 now and family think it's time to stop. I will aim for 12. I want to be healthy, not "skinny"
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would never want to be a size 0, don't think I would ever be able to get there though, unless I would starve myself for a year.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I had to get down to around 105 Ibs at my 5'10 height, to get the 33-34 hips required for that size.
    It is the size that many anorexics strive for, and will near kill themselves to be.
    That, to me, considering there are a number of such on this site, makes this topic irresponsible and triggering.
    It is no more something to be proud of, than someone being a size 8 or 14 or 6.
    But those who have an obsession with size and numbers, who are eating disordered, will see this topic and be agonising over how to get themselves to this supposedly much coveted size 0.

I'm 5'2.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I can never be a size zero.... like ever lol
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've got narrow hips and a small booty so I can fit Into my size zero SHORTS, but my thighs won't allow me to fit into size zero pants. I wear a 4 in jeans
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    I vary beween a size 4-6. I could probably fit into a zero, but honestly, I have no desire to look/have the body type of a 12 year old girl.

eh, at 12 I was 120 lbs and a C cup working my way into a D cup. At 12 I was more shapely than quite a few adult women. At 25 (almost 26) I'm 121 pounds, a size 0-2, and a DD. I'm 5'4' and have been that height since I was 13.

Me, too. I was at my current height with hips and boobs by 12. I started my period when I was 11. I was taller than everyone up until that point. Then I stopped growing and they kept growing and I ended up one of the shorties! lol But I've had my hourglass figure since I was about 10 years old.

That said, without trying, my body just dropped a bunch of weight between 12 and 15 and I ended up much smaller when I was older. I guess something to do with hormones and puberty. I don't think 115 pounds for me -- maybe even 110 -- at 36 years old is unattainable or unhealthy. I have a small frame.

I have no idea what size that is, but when I was a teenager, it was a juniors' size 3.
    OMG! Me too. Exactly same story :) Was taller than everybody , had period when I was 11 and just stopped growing!!! I am 5.2'' My goal weight is 120 pounds but I think I'll reanalyze from there because I can easily go upto 110 pounds as recommended by my doc!