Senior Golden Sneakers~~~~For June~~~~~

Options

Replies

• BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning! :happy: Just checking in. My weight stayed the same this week and AGAIN I am relieved. :wink: I have gone over my calories a little but try to exercise a lot.:drinker: :bigsmile: Tues I strained my back getting a jug of water out of the refrigerator! :angry: Can you believe that! :noway: I tried to exercise yesterday for half the time I usually do, and not put the "incline" up on the treadmill.:flowerforyou: My chiropractor said to give it a rest....PERIOD! :angry: Yikes! That means I can only eat 1200 calories a day! :frown: Boy am I spoilt with those extra calories!!! :grumble: I will try to be very disciplined and drink a lot of water!:drinker: :drinker:
    I DID take my measurements yesterday and have lost another 3 inches since a couple of month ago....so that's good!:bigsmile:

Well, I'm at work and can't talk, but have a great day! I AM reading the posts but just don't have time to respond!!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options

Sandy -- Hope that job situation changes soon.

Take care everyone. Gayla

Ok Gayla I am officially confused, what job situation am I changing that I am not aware of?? :laugh:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Busy day again. cleaning lady was here, meeting in the afternoon, getting a hair cut, picking up my granddaughter and taking her to dance, then to my sons to let his dog out and feed him, ran to Walmart then came back to let my son's dog out again, came home to make dinner and it is now 8:00 pm. Whew I am tired.

I managed to burn some calories in walking so much so I am under calories for the day even if I have my skinny cow ice cream.

Everyone seems to be having on and off weather and we are no exception. Today was beautiful though no humidity and in the 70's. Tomorrow rain is expected.............:explode:

Have to finish putting the sheets on the bed, so will talk to you tomorrow after we get back from the Vet to have Daisy's stitches removed.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandy I was wonfering about the job gayla mention too.. Figure I missed a post. But I know you don't have time for a job.
    Glad Dairsy is getting her stitches out.And it is all over.

We had a nice ooercast sky today. rain all around us but none for us yet. Yesterday the same thing . The garden kept perk up all day. Jerry brought a couple od cucumbrs in but they were bitter. Also a jalapens pepper. Hoping the ones we have in the earth boxes are good. We had the same Problem last year. The one we planted in the soil. Will be over 100 tomorrow,

Have a good night.
    Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I just think you should be out working. I do believe that was meant for Jeffrey! Just a small example of my empty head syndrome!!
    I do have to tell you that today when I was driving home from work I saw a man walking his dog and I would swear it was Daisy! How did she get here without you?? Same coloring and haircut. It was a gorgeous drive home along the river, lots of people using the path to walk, run or ride their bikes.

Sandy -- Hope that job situation changes soon.

Take care everyone. Gayla

Ok Gayla I am officially confused, what job situation am I changing that I am not aware of?? :laugh:
  • Lafla
    Options
    Hi to the rest of you. It rained most of the day today except for a couple of hours late afternoon. Then we had weather warnings for tornados, high winds, hail and heavy rain. Currently we are getting the heavy rain, the rest thankfully, passed us by. I gathered up all my bedding plants and put them in the garage. Tomorrow I plan on doing some gardening although the forecast is not good. I am hoping they are wrong. I do believe that I had a decent start of a new WW week. One day at a time.
    I hope you are all well. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

We are to reach Our first 100 degree day here today, and looking forward to it.
    today is our second grocer shopping day tis week for us. We will be going to the store that carries that no fat muffin mix. Can hardly wait to make the 1 pt muffin. to have for breakfast. They also got the cherries on sale too , Yum. Loves those fresh cherries.

Sammy is ready to go wake Jerry up. For some reason I have been waking up at 6:00 AM eveymorning. I had a nap yesterafternoon. My Pt. has only 2 more visit next week and I plan on getting back to my afternoon nap again. Don't know about the nurse. she did not make it out last week. To me this has been a waste of my time. not for them for they get paid for it.My walking is helping me more
    than anything..All the nurse do is take my blood pressure and my oxyen. And I take my blood pressure every morning.
    OK I will quilt whinning.I think I need my coffee.

Have a wonderful day all of you:flowerforyou:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    The graduation and trip to Texas was great. The Ex finally gave the kiddo his things so he is now moved to VA until he starts school at Sam Houston State University in the fall.
    More later.
    Beth
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Good Morning,

So happy for your son Beth, give him my congratulations. I am glad your ex finally gave him his things, he was such a moron. :angry: Glad you had a safe trip, take care of yourself and get some rest. :heart:

Marie, 100 degrees is too hot for me, I like the 80's. We get so much humidity with our hot weather it is hard to be outside.
    Glad you will get to make the muffins, enjoy them. Keep cool and don't over do.

Gayla, you are so funny. :happy: Your weather sounds crummy, I hope you get lots of sunny days soon. Hope all goes well with Neil and he sets a record for good behavior. :bigsmile:

Time for coffee and then to get ready for Daisy to have her stitches removed.

Have a great Friday,
    Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi all,
    The graduation and trip to Texas was great. The Ex finally gave the kiddo his things so he is now moved to VA until he starts school at Sam Houston State University in the fall.
    More later.
    Beth

Beth glad you two are home safe and sound. take it easy and don't work too hard. I bet your son will love it in Va. Such a good looking kid.
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    TGIF!

Quiet day so far here in Indiana. That is a good thing! Not a lot to tell about. I have been training hard and I am a little on the sore and beat up side today. My shoulders hurt from the extra upper body workouts and the swimming.

All of the family is well, at least at this writing! Day and I are going to an art show this weekend and doing the cancer run/walk on Saturday. I think I am running for the training.

That is about it for now!

More later.

Have a great Friday!

Jeffrey
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning to all......we have just finished yoga and Jake is fixing his breakfast......we have rain again this morning.....my seeds continue to sprout even though the temperature outside has not reached 60 degrees since I planted the seeds.

There was enough of a break in the weather yesterday for Jake to play golf and for the girls and and me to go to the dog park for over an hour.

Time for breakfast....:heart::heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

We are to reach Our first 100 degree day here today, and looking forward to it.
    today is our second grocer shopping day tis week for us. We will be going to the store that carries that no fat muffin mix. Can hardly wait to make the 1 pt muffin. to have for breakfast. They also got the cherries on sale too , Yum. Loves those fresh cherries.

Sammy is ready to go wake Jerry up. For some reason I have been waking up at 6:00 AM eveymorning. I had a nap yesterafternoon. My Pt. has only 2 more visit next week and I plan on getting back to my afternoon nap again. Don't know about the nurse. she did not make it out last week. To me this has been a waste of my time. not for them for they get paid for it.My walking is helping me more
    than anything..All the nurse do is take my blood pressure and my oxyen. And I take my blood pressure every morning.
    OK I will quilt whinning.I think I need my coffee.

Have a wonderful day all of you:flowerforyou:

Marie,

It may not seem to you like having the nurse out does you much good, but with your condition, oxygen levels are very important.

Last year, my friend Linda was in and out of the hospital with pneumonia and other complications from her COPD, but once the HMO she belongs to put her in a program that sends a nurse out once a week to check on her, she has not had a single hospitalization, and they have been able to nip in the bud the two or three respiratory issues she had, so they didn't evolve into another episode of pneumonia.

I am glad you feel like walking again. Take care of yourself, and you could send some of your sunny weather up here if you get tired of it!!!:laugh:

Today, Pepper is recovering from a teeth cleaning and having a tooth pulled. Fortunately, the pain meds are working, so he is sleeping comfortably at the moment.

I have to get going if I am going to get everything done today.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Kind of slow today. But summer is like that. all sorts of S tuff to do outside. Me I like to stay in in the summer.Been embrodering some today.And just messing around.Wish I could bottle some of this heat up and save it for next winter when I can't get warm.
    About time to go fixed supper. Chopped steak and sugar snap peas and salad. Ice tea., Cherries

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: Yes, it's raining a bit in NW Washington today......no visit to the dog park but Jake walked the dogs a few times so they got some exercise.

:flowerforyou: We shopped at Costco today and as we were waiting in line, I was staring at the huge picture of the all beef Kosher hot dog that they have as a special in the food area, since the meal includes a bun and a 20 oz soda that I wouldn't consume, it seemed like a waste to buy it.......I mentioned it to Jake and right after we left Costco, we went to the grocery store and bought a package of Hebrew National all beef Polish sausage, a jar of sauerkraut, and some whole wheat pita bread.......our dinner tonight was a delight........with no afternoon snacks and some extra time on the exercise bike, I'll be OK on calories but the sodium count was about 3800 mg for the day :sad:

:flowerforyou: My suitcase is packed for me to go the line dance workshop tomorrow. I meet my friends at 5:55 AM for the two hour drive to the workshop......we'll dance all day until 10 PM, then stay in a motel overnight and drive home Sunday morning.......I'm not bringing the computer....Jake will be home with the pets.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I hope Pepper is feeling better.......Jake has gone back to his good practice of brushing the dogs' teeth.....he's a braver man than I am.:laugh:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Barb, I hope Pepper is feeling better.......Jake has gone back to his good practice of brushing the dogs' teeth.....he's a braver man than I am.:laugh:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Barbie,
    I think I know why Jake is having trouble with his golf game. It must be very difficult to play golf without fingers!!!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I have wipes, recommended by the vet, but Mai Li is a lost cause for them. The other two both have good teeth. In Pepper's case, the vet said the tooth that had the problem had a shallower root than his other teeth and the way it was packed in between his other teeth, that tooth was very susceptible to decay.
    I managed to get the best possible deal on my new work pc and printer. First of all, Officemax offers $60 off a wireless printer, or all in one, when you buy it with a pc or laptop. Then they offer a bunch of discounts on paper and other goodies. The laptop was on sale, and the all in one I got was on sale at Office Depot for $20 less than the price (before the $60 off) at Officemax. So I got them to price match what O. Depot was selling it for, plus give me the other discount. Can you imagine a fax, scanner, printer, copier, w/wireless connectivity, and it was less than $50?? I can remember paying $300 for a fax machine in the 90's and thinking it was a good deal.:noway: :ohwell:

It has been a long day, so g'night all.:yawn:

Barb
  • Lafla
    Options
    A very quick Hi to you all. I am not sure where the day went but it is now after midnight. We had, you know it, a rainy day. I think we might as well move to the west coast. Our biggest attraction on the prairies is our big, beautiful blue sky almost all summer long. I have always told my friend in BC that I could never live there with the daily rain. Hmm, guess I can but I don't wanna!!! Rain again tomorrow and a promise of sunshine on Sunday. My bedding plants really want to get transplanted soon so hope Sunday is the day. There is a parade here tomorrow morning so hope the rain holds off for that. The kids love it so much.

Time to say good night and hit the hay. Take care, hope to be earlier tomorrow!! Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We arre counting the days without rain. been a pretty dry one so far.We missed out twice last week. all around us but not here.

Alice is due out tomorrow. Hope to go out and buy me a new PC this one is driving me carzy. I runs so slow and I keep losing my post.

Barbs wish you live around here and come and fixed it.
    Got my washing going and gonna get in there and make the 1 pt. muffins. Befor it get too hot! Jerry and sammy is out watering the grass and garden. He has been watering twice a day.

so not much news around here.
    :flowerforyou: MArie
  • Lafla
    Options
    Marie -- Have fun with Alice! Hope you get yourself a new PC. The other day Dave said 'you should go get yourself a laptop". I nearly fell off my chair and I should have gone right then as he likely has already decided it isn't a good idea. Not that I can't get it anyway but he is the one that sets it up and does all the techie stuff. Not only that, yesterday we got our tax notice and my dental bill which makes for a big ouch in the savings account!!

But. . . . we have sunshine!! Dave and I went for a nice walk. He finds it a bit slow walking with me but it motivates me to have someone to walk with. Now I have to have some lunch and then do some yard work. Not sure if I told you but it looks like I lost all my roses over the winter. Surprising because they are not new and have always done well. The radio gardening guy said that shrubs took a hard hit this year so guess I shouldn't be surprised. Now I have to figure out what I want to replace them with. Perhaps something other than roses.

Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yeah BILLS, BILLS. Would be great if we didn't have them.

The 1 pt muffin mademy blood sugar spike. so I made not be able to have them,
    How is Neil doing? He should be past 2 weeks by now.of being a good boy. I guess you just needed to be firm with him,
    Glad you enjoy your walk.
    MArie