Senior Golden Sneakers~~~~For June~~~~~

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Sunshine today and temps in the 60's I got to pull some weeds and spend some time outside......the dogs had baths and new haircuts and they look fabulous......Jake cut the grass and whacked the weeds around the edges :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

yoga in the AM, some line dancing in the kitchen, and some rides on the exercise bike but no visit to the dog park or walking.

I hope you're all missing because you're doing something fun. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi u'all Got my machine fixed. It was me i was threading the bobin wrong. So I been playing all afternoon embroidary on a sweat shirt
    I go to the diabetic dr. tomorrow. And Friday to the kidney doc tor to see how bad the dye did to my Kidney. I haven't turn yellow yet so maybe everything is Ok.see you guys tomorrow.
    Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am ready to turn my puter off and hit the hay. Raining off and on today but I was working so it didn't cause issues for me. The sun came out early this evening so I got my strawberries planted. My garden beds are done so as long as we don't get any frost all is well.

Barbie -- Yeah for some nice weather for you.

Marie -- Hope you get good reports from your doctors.

I can hardly keep my eyes open so better get to bed before I get my second wind. Two appts. for Neil tomorrow. If his temporary shoe fits he can get rid of his cast.

Good night all, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, but if they do beat them with your shoe till they're black and blue!! I figured I better give you the rest of the little verse that my FIL used to say to the kids every night when they would be visiting. My, how my kids loved their Grandparents.
    Take care. Keep smiling. :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    How cute.about the bed bugs.

I had good new yesterday. My son is coming down next month for his birthday he week of july 21. He is drivng his little blue mustang down. He sent out emails for everyone in Mo. thats want to come to pack lite and he will breeze by and pick them up. for any texans that want to go to MO> pack lite and he will take you to Mo. Alice and I will be going up there in Sept for his daughter wedding. We will be going to Springfield , Mo. for that. Wont be going to St Louis.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Pool with my granddaughter, bingo tonight. Busy, busy, busy!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: more rain today but it stopped long enough for a two hour walk with my friend and an hour at the dog park and for Jake to play golf.....also yoga, exercise bike and line dance........

:flowerforyou: Marie, how great that your son is coming to see you. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

time for bed so we can get up early :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Lafla
    Options
    Hi everyone! Busy day today. Neil got his temporary shoes (they extended the toe on his old ones while they make him a new pair. He is very happy to be out of the boot. I had WW meeting tonight and my weight stayed the same. I will take that, at least it didn't go up which is always a good thing!

Barbie -- Glad you got to enjoy the walk and the dog park before the rain. The rain held off today but apparently will be back tomorrow. It is cold out, feels like fall but not expectation of frost.

Marie --So glad your son can get home for a visit. I know that will be fun for you.

Sandy -- Busy, as always, they say it keeps you young!!

Take care everyone. Keep smiling. Gayla Vivian :heart:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been absent! Just horribly busy! The girls are good, and Dayanne is fine. Day has been running a little with me and has dropped 4 pounds! I am happy for her. We went to an art show last weekend and it was a real good time. It was a juried show and had very high quality stuff that was a lot of fun to see.

I have been really training hard lately. Very intense. It is going pretty well, but I am still somewhat inconsistent in my results. Some days I perform great and others just so so. But it is what it is! With some rest I am ready to compete.

I have entered my first 1/2 marathon for September. That will be a challenge. Last Saturday I ran 10 miles and did pretty well. So that was encouraging. Not too much else going on right now, just normal life stuff.

Birdie! I am so happy for you! Congrats! You look great!

Sandy I have not forgot the pics!

Marie you sound much better. Keep me posted on the Dr. visit.

Gayla things still calm?

Barbie you are a busy gal! I like that!

Sorry if I missed anyone else! Have a great day!

Jeffrey

PS Another new weight! It has to be about done now! I am eating everything that can't out run me!
  • Lafla
    Options
    Hi everyone! Raining again. We have received nearly half our annual rainfall and it is barely June!! Our sump pump is running almost continually. My garden must be enjoying this rainfall. I had to take my work car into the shop today so Dave picked me up and we went for breakfast, poached eggs and dry toast but I didn't tell them to leave the potatoes off the plate so I had a few of those. I really didn't enjoy them because something kept telling me they weren't good for me. It could have been worse!! Neil had some pancakes with fruit but unfortuantely the fruit came in a heavy sauce. I think he would have liked it better with just the fruit and some juices from the fruit. He has lost some weight which is nice. Fries are no longer a menu choice for him but burgers still are although they are no longer the only thing he orders. He loves Greek salad without dressing which is great. I am feeling lazy today and even though I have lots of work to do I sit at the computer.

Jeffrey -- We still are in the calm. :bigsmile: Neil was a bit cranky this morning. I knew he didn't have enough sleep but he insisted on coming for breakfast with us. I reminded him that cranky guys need to be in their room. He explained to me that Dad got cranky to him first. Dave had indeed raised his voice to Neil but it was not cranky, only louder as Neil didn't hear him. He has a really difficult time interpreting social cues. I don't think that will change but perhaps we can change his reaction to them. That said, cranky Neil stayed with us for very few minutes and we haven't seen him again today. I am still counting this as a very good day!

Hope you are all smiling and getting some sunshine! Gayla :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I just ran across something on the newsfeed that I thought I should share with the others on this thread who know Irene-viliberty1957:
    "Just as note to all my friends. I know I haven't been posting for awhile. My health problems are robbing me of energy. I've had some tests and an appointment with the cancer doctor next Wednesday. I appreciate prayers. I'll post more when I feel better. This isn't a "feel sorry for me" post. I just wanted you all to know I haven't forgotten you and I'll be back."

Let's hope that Irene is feeling better soon. If you are like me, you don't always look at the newsfeed, so I thought I would post this to make sure everyone knew what was going on.

Barb
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barb, thanks for the news on Irene...I'll be thinking good thoughts for her.

:flowerforyou: We had sunshine this afternoon and I rushed outside and planted poppy seeds and shook a lot more Sluggo everywhere....the rest our news is the same....yoga and golf and line dance and dog park and exercise bike and computer and TV and a tiny bit of housework :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Good news today is that I finally decided that the next pesky pound is really gone so I recorded it this morning.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: we tried those Orowheat sandwich thins as a substitute for challah for our Sabbath dinner.....we haven't eaten bread except on Subway sandwiches in ages......they were delicious but now I'm thinking that I'd like to have another one so my instincts about staying away from bread are probably good.

:flowerforyou: Right now Haifa is asleep on a chair and the dogs have Bernie trapped at the end of the couch...Bernie whines a lot but he's always the one who starts things :laugh:

You are all quiet today so I hope that means you're doing something really fun.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barb. Prayers going up for Irene!
    BirdieM:love:
  • BirdieM
    Options
    :happy: Hi everyone, hope you’re all having a great day/week! I am not working this week because I’m supposed to be helping my daughter move.:happy: The problem is that they keep moving the closing date so our hands are tied! :angry: They were supposed to close last Thursday….a week ago!!!:grumble: Oh, well, I’m making good use of the time. I spent a day with my mom and aunt (her sister) and enjoyed it soooo much! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: They are so precious and I’ve been meaning to do that for a long time! Time well spent! :love: I ran some errands yesterday and today am on call to be a babysitter for my daughter (buying the house) if she needs to do some shopping for things for the house! I hope the closing is tomorrow! Oh well, it’s in God’s hands and I think He’s telling me to do exactly what I’m doing!

Just got a message that the closing on the house is Tues!:noway: Okay, I guess I was meant to spend some time doing things around here!:wink:

Marie: How’s the muffin queen! :laugh: Been doing some baking and enjoying it I hope! :happy: :tongue:
    Our weather, here in RI, is very hot then yesterday it is very cold! That’s why we’ve had a few tornado warnings. But at least we didn’t get the tornados!
    I’m glad you got your machine fixed! You seem to enjoy your embroidering so much!
    Also, hope you did well at the diabetic doctor today.

Gayla: How is Neil’s new shoes journey going? I’m so glad his spirits have been better. It’s such a strain on you!
    I look forward to hearing from Gigi!
    Happy Birthday Neil!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Jeffrey: How’s it going? Sounds like you’ve been busy and that’s good. The cancer run is such a worthwhile thing to do! :flowerforyou: Sorry you haven’t found a job yet. When it’s meant to be…it will happen! Still praying for you!:flowerforyou:

Jake: How’s the Topsy-Turvy doing?....and the golf!

Beth: Glad to hear from you!

Barbie: You are my “Line dance” inspiration!

Irene: Thinking of you!

Sandy: Been reading but just not posting. Sorry about the school closing. Those things can be sentimentally difficult! Good luck on bingo, though. You always do well ther, unlike me!

Barb: Thanks for all the updates. You truly are the information queen!!!

Friday night and time with hubby and a glass of wine. Thinking of you all! Be well!:flowerforyou:

BirdieM:love:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I am not missing in action either, just really busy with my granddaughter. We do a really big benefit every June, it is called the Midwest Council of Children with Disabilities. (MCCD) My DIL is in charge of the silent auction and since the benefit is Monday she is at crunch time. I watch her daughter the 5 year old as much as possible up until the benefit day and then that night I usually take her home with me to spend the night around midnight. It is a great charity that gives 100% back to the kids and a lot of the kids are at the benefit so it is very rewarding. Hence I have been going to the pool and trying to keep a 5 year old busy all week. I am soooooooooo tired.

I haven't been exercising in my basement but I think I am doing ok with taking care of her and swimming , walking etc. I have not gained anything although I haven't been recording my calories. Next week my daughter and her family come in so I expect another busy week with lots of activity. Someone forgot to tell my kids and grand kids that I am old and get tired. I have to admit it keeps me young and fit, so I really can't complain.

Glad everyone is doing well and although I am not responding to each of you, I did read your posts.

Will check in when I can but be assured I never not think of my friends.

Sandy
  • Lafla
    Options
    :heart: Here I am closing the room for the night! No rain today, yup, you heard me right!! We are supposed to see the sun tomorrow and hopefully the the temperature will be up to at least 20C. I really am tired of spending the day wrapped in a blanket and a jacket on. Dave says he is not turning the furnace on in June!! I didn't sleep very well last night because I was kept waking up cold. I did take an extra blanket but tonight I am pulling out the flannel nightie! I just may put on some sweats as I don't own any pyjama bottoms. It goes without saying that I will have socks on!! I sure hope that by the end of June I am whining about it being too hot. :wink:

Barb -- thanks for the message about Irene. I left her a message and she will be in my prayers.

Marie -- Hope all is well. Miss you.

Sandy -- You are a great Grandma.

Barbie -- Yeah for the pesky pound -- you won! Are you now at the weight you want to be?

Birdie -- Sounds like a nice day with your Mom and Aunt. Don't forget to take some relaxation time in you week off. You have earned it.

Jeffrey -- Hope you are enjoying running weather.

Take care y'all! Good night. Gayla :heart:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Happy Birthday to Neil :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, the sun is shining here, too, but last night I slept in a long sleeve nightshirt under a wool blanket and this morning I wore the same warm clothing as usual when I walked the dogs.....it has to get warmer for both of us

:flowerforyou: Sandy, you're a better woman than I am putting in all that time and energy caring for grandkids....you are a fabulous grandma

:flowerforyou: Marie, what is the latest word from the doctor? Are you walking for exercise?

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, I'll bet you and Day are so busy running and being useful that you don't have time for the computer

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I hope today is another productive day for you

:flowerforyou: Barb, your life as a busy short order cook for doggies and a caregiver for the folks and a detective and peacemaker for the HOA and a great friend to all sounds exhausting........do you have time for your new insurance business?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: of course, because the sun is out today, we have an commitment that will keep us indoors from 11-4 so the yard will have to wait until the next sunny day (whenever that may be).

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Aww. Saturday, a day of rest!! :bigsmile: No sitting today, no plans, so I hope to get a DVD done that I am working on for my DIL.
    It is cloudy with a chance of showers on and off so it is a good day to stay inside. :glasses:

Happy Birthday Neil, hope you have a wonderful birthday and all your wishes come true, :love:

Marie did you get the results from your tests? Hope you got that machine all figured out and you are making beautiful things.. :heart:

Jeffrey, is Day happy with the four pound lose or does she not need to lose weight? Yes, I am still waiting. :laugh:

Barbie, you and Jake are so involved with your business and new life style I don't think you have any time to sit like I do.
    Besides aren't all of the grandchildren out of state? I really don't mind watching and doing things with the kids, it does keep me young but also exhausted. :laugh:

Barb, how are the pups and parents?

Birdie, are you out sun bathing with your new figure??

Not to be nosy Gayla, but is it our Irene that you are praying for?

Have a great Saturday, not sure I will be here for the next week but will try to check in as much as possible.

Sandy
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Happy Birthday Neil!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sandy, we have the same weather here.:grumble: It's cloudy and expect to have rain off and on, so an inside day....for the most part, for me today too! :frown: As far as "sunbathing", I can't even imagine me in a bathing suit! :noway: I still have a fat head..:blushing: ..and see myself as I did before, in terms of wearing one.:ohwell: Will take some time for reality to sink in. At least I feel comfortable in shorts and a tank top.:flowerforyou: I can't believe how wrinkly I am.:angry: I guess it's a no win at my age. Either you're overweight or your skin is hanging LOL:laugh:
    You really are an unselfish grandmother.:flowerforyou: It IS exhausting taking care of kids at our age!! But again I say...they're so precious!!!:love:

Hey Marie.....how did you make out at the diabetic doctor? :huh: Hope you're having a nice Saturday!:wink:

Barbie have a great weekend with hubby. It's so nice that you do so much together!:flowerforyou:

Barb: Enjoy your doggie heaven and doggie walks!:laugh: No wonder why you lose weight with that many doggie walks to take each day!
    Still no word on that little boy. So sad.:cry:

Gayla, I slept with my flannel night shirt last night...it was cold here! :noway: So unpredictable! But the floweres look beautiful!:flowerforyou:

Jeffrey, Beth, Irene and everyone else...have a great day!:flowerforyou:

I won't be exercising today because my sciatic nerve in my right leg is acting up. :angry: I believe in listening to your body and sometimes it's sayin...."not today....rest"! That usually works:smile:

BirdieM:heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Birdie, are you talking about the little boy from Oregon?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Birdie, are you talking about the little boy from Oregon?

Sandy,

I would assume she is. He is missing a week ago Friday and still not a trace--just evaporated from his school.

As for the prayer for Irene, yes it is for "our Irene." Did you miss the post prior to that where I copied in a message she had placed on the newsfeed? She is having some health problems and her energy is limited.

Today is beautiful and sunny. My plans to get up early and take the doggies out evaporated. I stayed home and watched the Rose Festival Parade instead. It was nice to see people walking in the sunshine instead of getting soaked while the brave spectators huddled under umbrellas.:drinker: :drinker:

Doggies are napping. I am trying to decide what to do next, now that the parade is over.

See you all later. Happy Saturday.

Barb