Girls wear certain clothes when they are looking

Options

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    LOL the way I dress is not an animal instinct to get fcked. I enjoy expressing what clothing I think is visually interesting.

My goal when I want to look sexy isn't always to attract a mate, actually it hardly ever is. OOOO FCKING SHOCKER.

LOL....visually interesting? Really? Visually interesting to who exactly?

Here's the truth, if you dress sexy, men will notice it, just the way we are wired. We will approach you more, we will look (probably stare), and you will get hit on more.

Doesn't matter if that is your goal or not....

Visually interesting to me. Maybe someone will have a common interest in color, composition or fabric. If I wanted to get laid, I'd fcking go around naked.

I'm not dressing for other people. How is that so hard to comprehend?

I'm not trying to tell you why you wear something....I'm simply telling you how men will react to that choice...

Wear whatever you want...but don't get pissy when you get hit on if it is sexy and appealing to the opposite sex. If it looks like you are "flaunting what you have", we're probably gonna want to see if you want more!

It's not their right to assume that what I want from my clothing choices is their attention. If a guy wore assless chaps I'd probably ask him why he's wearing them, not belly up to him and start hitting on him. Then again, I don't view humans as flesh sacks, sooooo.

Ok...So now we're suppose to ask your intentions of your clothing choices now? "Hey there, are you dressed that way to attract a potential mate, or are you simply expressing your wardrobe?"

I somehow don't think that opener will ever cross your path.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you when or where this study was, but I read once there is a correlation to the amount of cleavage a woman shows and if she is ovulating. A woman ovulating will almost always dress more seductively and expose more cleavage, according to this one study, to ensure a sexual encounter. So this comedian may be onto something...who knows.

All I know is it's fun to go into a club now and guess who's ovulating!

What if all of my shirts expose cleavage? I've never bought a shirt that wasn't framing the ladies. My t-shirts show it, my going out shirts have it, my pj's have it...that's just how I dress.

I shave my legs because my hair is curly and I suffer from in-grown hair otherwise and no one wants to see that when I wear my shorts out and about. In-grown hair and the pimples/bumps that follow are just not cute.

Ouch bless your heart did you have ingrowns throughout your life even before you started shaving? I know those with darker skin are more prone to in grown follicles.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    LOL the way I dress is not an animal instinct to get fcked. I enjoy expressing what clothing I think is visually interesting.

My goal when I want to look sexy isn't always to attract a mate, actually it hardly ever is. OOOO FCKING SHOCKER.

Here's the truth, if you dress sexy, men will notice it, just the way we are wired. We will approach you more, we will look (probably stare), and you will get hit on more.

Visually interesting to me. Maybe someone will have a common interest in color, composition or fabric. If I wanted to get laid, I'd fcking go around naked.

I'm not trying to tell you why you wear something....I'm simply telling you how men will react to that choice...

Wear whatever you want...but don't get pissy when you get hit on if it is sexy and appealing to the opposite sex. If it looks like you are "flaunting what you have", we're probably gonna want to see if you want more!

It's not their right to assume that what I want from my clothing choices is their attention. If a guy wore assless chaps I'd probably ask him why he's wearing them, not belly up to him and start hitting on him. Then again, I don't view humans as flesh sacks, sooooo.

Ok...So now we're suppose to ask your intentions of your clothing choices now? "Hey there, are you dressed that way to attract a potential mate, or are you simply expressing your wardrobe?"

The problem is women dont think like men. They may not actually be thinking about sex, and most women like outfits because they are "cute." I dont often think most of the time women really know how sexualized and objectified they are on a daily basis. This is the reason burkahs exists.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Well, welcome to sexism.
    Maybe they should assume nothing from what I'm wearing until I get to know them.
    Or would it be too hard to just start a conversation instead of dropping one liners.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options

How about women can wear whatever the hell they like and it doesn't mean you or any other man is entitled to claim us.

It is not your god given right to 'hit on' women, and frankly it sounds like the kind of mentality that rape victim blamers have: 'she was dressed this way...she was asking for it'.

NO
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you when or where this study was, but I read once there is a correlation to the amount of cleavage a woman shows and if she is ovulating. A woman ovulating will almost always dress more seductively and expose more cleavage, according to this one study, to ensure a sexual encounter. So this comedian may be onto something...who knows.

All I know is it's fun to go into a club now and guess who's ovulating!

What if all of my shirts expose cleavage? I've never bought a shirt that wasn't framing the ladies. My t-shirts show it, my going out shirts have it, my pj's have it...that's just how I dress.

I shave my legs because my hair is curly and I suffer from in-grown hair otherwise and no one wants to see that when I wear my shorts out and about. In-grown hair and the pimples/bumps that follow are just not cute.

Ouch bless your heart did you have ingrowns throughout your life even before you started shaving? I know those with darker skin are more prone to in grown follicles.

All my life, unfortunately. I made the mistake of cutting off all of my hair (Twas a phase) and the pain I went through until it was in the 'Small afro' phase is legendary among my family. I sometimes I had to sit up at night carefully uncurling my peach fuzz and 'yanking' it back up. In hindsight, since I'd always had issues with ingrown hair, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I was all 'Yeah, shave it all off! Also, put a hole in my nose and eyebrow!'
  • hauntao
    Options

The problem is women dont think like men. They may not actually be thinking about sex, and most women like outfits because they are "cute." I dont often think most of the time women really know how sexualized and objectified they are on a daily basis. This is the reason burkahs exists.

The fact that women -are- sexualized and objectified should not be just in the hands of the woman. "Dress in a sheet if you don't want to be hit on." Uh, no? I'd like to wear whatever I want without being cat called and thought of as a sex object, regardless of how short my shorts are and how much of my boobs are out.
  • hauntao
    Options

How about women can wear whatever the hell they like and it doesn't mean you or any other man is entitled to claim us.

It is not your god given right to 'hit on' women, and frankly it sounds like the kind of mentality that rape victim blamers have: 'she was dressed this way...she was asking for it'.

NO

RIGHT ON
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Horm Behav. 2007 Jan;51(1):40-5. Epub 2006 Oct 12.
    Ovulatory shifts in human female ornamentation: near ovulation, women dress to impress.
    Haselton MG, Mortezaie M, Pillsworth EG, Bleske-Rechek A, Frederick DA.

At above-chance levels, 42 judges selected photographs of women in their fertile (59.5%) rather than luteal phase (40.5%) as "trying to look more attractive."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17045994

Shucks! Why didn't someone tell me that BEFORE I took that bait, and ended up with kids who are now surly teenagers !
    Kidding, just kidding. Really.
  • craigmandu
    Options

Well, welcome to sexism.
    Maybe they should assume nothing from what I'm wearing until I get to know them.
    Or would it be too hard to just start a conversation instead of dropping one liners.

It isn't sexist for a man to approach a woman dressed in a sexy manner to try to pick her up. Why do you consider that sexist?
  • craigmandu
    Options

NO

Way to take a simple thing and turn it into the absolute extreme. No one is saying any of the crap you just spewed.

Being approached isn't staking a "claim"....sorry we're not out to rape you.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I WILL get crap for this, but I don't go to a bad area carrying a sack of diamonds and money and flashing it around.

Just saying - If you don't want to be called a *kitten*, dress modestly. It really isn't that hard. It isn't against your 'freedom' as a woman, it's just respect for yourself, and a lot of time, respect for other peoples eyes. Just like the women of facebook, who has bikini pics etc, then give out when men comment and like.

Doing it for yourself or not, the need to flash parts of yourself all the time is just immature, and it won't get you the right partner anyway, and you will be left wondering why.

Women cannot go out dressed like a hooker, then come home and complain that 'perverts' were looking at her, and all men are sexist pigs. You all know it happens, and some of you probably do it, so say what you want, but you know it's true.

Women are for the most part hypocrites, because most women of today treat men like pieces of meat, and complain when it is done to them.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    this thread is a damn mess and most of it is coming from females.

Agreed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have been told I am sexy when I am trying the least to be sexy.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying, if all it takes are yoga pants and a ponytail.

or just a t-shirt:wink:

QFT--me too.
  • hauntao
    Options
    Ah well, I should have known not even delve into sexism, patriarchy and the sexualization of women. Done.

Go read about the subject, then you can message me.
  • hauntao
    Options

Well, welcome to sexism.

It isn't sexist for a man to approach a woman dressed in a sexy manner to try to pick her up. Why do you consider that sexist?

You're automatically assuming that the woman is dressing that way to attract that kind of attention. Did it ever pass your mind she's NOT dressing for you to hit on her?
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options

NO

Way to take a simple thing and turn it into the absolute extreme. No one is saying any of the crap you just spewed.

Being approached isn't staking a "claim"....sorry we're not out to rape you.

The why would you say 'don't get pissy' when you 'hit on' a girl? Surely that implies that they do not want to be approached and harrassed by someone who thinks its a compliment.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I WILL get crap for this, but I don't go to a bad area carrying a sack of diamonds and money and flashing it around.

Just saying - If you don't want to be called a *kitten*, dress modestly. It really isn't that hard. It isn't against your 'freedom' as a woman, it's just respect for yourself, and a lot of time, respect for other peoples eyes. Just like the women of facebook, who has bikini pics etc, then give out when men comment and like.

Doing it for yourself or not, the need to flash parts of yourself all the time is just immature, and it won't get you the right partner anyway, and you will be left wondering why.

Women cannot go out dressed like a hooker, then come home and complain that 'perverts' were looking at her, and all men are sexist pigs. You all know it happens, and some of you probably do it, so say what you want, but you know it's true.

Women are for the most part hypocrites, because most women of today treat men like pieces of meat, and complain when it is done to them.

I'm so glad that you have deep insight and intimate knowledge of the psyches of 3.5 billion women. Or "most women" "for the most part".

No. Just... No.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

The fact that women -are- sexualized and objectified should not be just in the hands of the woman. "Dress in a sheet if you don't want to be hit on." Uh, no? I'd like to wear whatever I want without being cat called and thought of as a sex object, regardless of how short my shorts are and how much of my boobs are out.

Well of course not I agree, but unfortunately (or fortunately since it's meant the human species continues) tatas and azz on display will always get wanted or unwanted male attention. I dont think it's right and its down right scary sometimes. This is why most religions practice modest dress (once again falling into the hands of women). Male priviledge what can I say. I do have to say though that some muslim women who choose to wear a burkah or a hajib (spelling it wrong I know) find it quite empowering.
  • hauntao
    Options

lol wow ignorant to the subject