Girls wear certain clothes when they are looking

Options

Replies

• emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

So women deserve equality, but only conditionally- IF they can follow the rules that YOU deem necessary? Reallllly? REALLLLLLY??!?!?!

My word.

And you think calling any woman a "*kitten*" or saying she "dresses like a *kitten*" is not misogyny?

Geez.

No. I actually already stated I don't care what people do, they have that right. But I am giving my opinion on it, which is completely acceptable.

I never said all women were *kitten*, I said there are women that ARE *kitten*. Are you honestly going to say that isn't true? If so, start living in the real world.

I knew my words would be twisted in this thread, god forbid you disagree with someone on this subject.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I love how you had to put 'freedom' in quotes like that... like it's not real, or at least not something that women are actually entitled to.
    No one should have to dress modestly to impress people like you. I can surely tell you that never once have I worried if emmalouc93 might think I look like a *kitten* before walking out my front door.

I really feel bad when I read things like this from other women, because I know that it is a learned way of thinking and it's sad that it's so widespread that even we accept and enforce misogynistic ideals as women ourselves.

Yes because I see freedom as being able to work, do what you want in life, marry who you want, go where you want. Not the right to dress like a hooker. Don't turn this into a *****y free for all, it will not work.

Please don't put that much self importance on yourself that I care what you do or don't do, I'm giving my opinion here like everyone else is.

Is that ok with you, or should anyone that disagrees just not have a say? :)
    Actually freedom also implies that I do have the right to dress like a hooker (by what standards, I don't know). What I wear most definitely does not give other people the right to judge or assume what I may or may not be asking for.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Wow, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You aren't going to change anyone's mind over the internet. And if I want to show my tits, then I can show my tits and it's nobody else's business. And if they want to judge me for it that is their business and I don't give a flying F@CK either.

Let's all get drunk and give hugs now.

So true. Which ponders the question, how come everyone gets their say, apart from the person that disagrees?

I didn't say you couldn't say your part...continue on your rant, I really don't care. Doesn't bother me either way, but life is too short to take other people's opinions so seriously. Move on.

The world would be a different place (and uh, why have conversations in the first place?) if no one listened to each other and tried to understand and/or teach.

I mean, why are you even on a forum?

I hear you. What I am saying is that this is not a productive conversation anymore. The conversation is just pissing people off which can CLEARLY be seen by the tone of the thread now. If you want people to listen then the approach needs to be different. That is what I am saying. Like I said continue with the talking. I was just stating the obvious when women start attacking each other.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I love how you had to put 'freedom' in quotes like that... like it's not real, or at least not something that women are actually entitled to.
    No one should have to dress modestly to impress people like you. I can surely tell you that never once have I worried if emmalouc93 might think I look like a *kitten* before walking out my front door.

I really feel bad when I read things like this from other women, because I know that it is a learned way of thinking and it's sad that it's so widespread that even we accept and enforce misogynistic ideals as women ourselves.

Yes because I see freedom as being able to work, do what you want in life, marry who you want, go where you want. Not the right to dress like a hooker. Don't turn this into a *****y free for all, it will not work.

Please don't put that much self importance on yourself that I care what you do or don't do, I'm giving my opinion here like everyone else is.

Is that ok with you, or should anyone that disagrees just not have a say? :)
    Actually freedom also implies that I do have the right to dress like a hooker (by what standards, I don't know). What I wear most definitely does not give other people the right to judge or assume what I may or may not be asking for.
    Exactly. :flowerforyou:
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options

So women deserve equality, but only conditionally- IF they can follow the rules that YOU deem necessary? Reallllly? REALLLLLLY??!?!?!

My word.

And you think calling any woman a "*kitten*" or saying she "dresses like a *kitten*" is not misogyny?

Geez.

No. I actually already stated I don't care what people do, they have that right. But I am giving my opinion on it, which is completely acceptable.

I never said all women were *kitten*, I said there are women that ARE *kitten*. Are you honestly going to say that isn't true? If so, start living in the real world.

I knew my words would be twisted in this thread, god forbid you disagree with someone on this subject.

Reread what I wrote. Now reread what YOU wrote. Who is twisting words?
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    I'm in this thread because I like women that show off their booty. Just sayin.

zyzz-o.gif
    Options

zyzz-o.gif

I :heart: you!
  • emmalouc93
    Options

My word.

Geez.

Still you.

All I ever see on this site are threads against men and how disgusting they are. Women should take a look in the mirror once a while. Men are not perfect, and there are a lot of really disgusting men out there, but that doesn't make us angels, nor does it make us prone to criticism.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

zyzz-o.gif

So do I, but after this thread...no way in hell would I approach her to make conversation....
  • Shr3dded
    Options
    All I'm saying is if you got it, flaunt it.

zyzz.gif

You mirin'brah?
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    Okay... well when reading comprehension is an issue, I know better than to persist.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Okay... well when reading comprehension is an issue, I know better than to persist.
    I came to the same conclusion
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options

zyzz-o.gif
    Honesty is grand. Keep it that way. If a woman is comfortable enough to show it off she definitely should not have negative labels attached to her.
    Options
    All I'm saying is if you got it, flaunt it.

zyzz.gif

You mirin'brah?

Still :heart: you!
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Emma, you're shaming women for the choice of what they wear on their bodies. You're insinuating that men have rights to womens' bodies based on what they wear. That's just messed up; it's like condoning the abuse of a woman because maybe her boobs are too big to not show in shirts or because she likes the way a dress looks on her and it makes her happy. These women deserve no less respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCw2MzKjpoo

Check that out, it might be better at explaining this to you.
  • FitandFab33
    Options

My word.

Geez.

Still you.

All I ever see on this site are threads against men and how disgusting they are. Women should take a look in the mirror once a while. Men are not perfect, and there are a lot of really disgusting men out there, but that doesn't make us angels, nor does it make us prone to criticism.

Never said a word about men or them being disgusting. I love men. But then again, by your standards, I'm a *kitten*- so I guess you suspected that was the case.

My issue is with your blatant disrespect for women and women's rights- basic rights as human beings: to be whoever and wear whatever they please. And it doesn't make them *kitten*..
  • Shr3dded
    Options

zyzz-o.gif
    Honesty is grand. Keep it that way. If a woman is comfortable enough to show it off she definitely should not have negative labels attached to her.

Exactly.

Also, "come****me" boots are fuarrking sexy. If you got nice legs, I want to see them. If you got a nice booty, wear some yoga pants. I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU'RE WORKIN WITH.

Oh, and Zyzz 29x82nn.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Because all women have the same motivation, right? Also it's a false dichotomy. There are a range of reasons why a woman might choose to dress a certain way, or even multiple reasons. And guys are the same way.

Is a woman a slut or *kitten* for dressing in a way one might deem provocative? Not necessarily. She could just want to feel sexy. Don't try to force your false morality on someone else.
  • emmalouc93
    Options
    The funniest thing from all of this is, I said I hate women who are *kitten*. Never said it directly to anyone of you.

Yet you all jump in to defend yourselves from being one??

Wow. That's all I will say.

People judge you by how you present yourself, that isn't news. It is unfair, but it's reality.

I never said anything personal against any of you, yet you all presume I'm talking about you?

In that case, maybe you subconsciously know what I'm saying is right, because you assume it's targeted at you personally.

Stop being so self centered, just because you're female doesn't mean every woman will agree with you.

If you have the right to dress whatever way you want, I should have the right to speak my mind.

You have double standards.

The ironic thing is I never once said you all had to agree with me, and I never once said all of you had to do what I said. You just assume that because I disagree, I must be pushing my views on you. What a childish view of the world.

I never said anyone shouldn't live the way they want because they should (including me), I simply said I don't agree with it. THAT. IS. LIFE.

Anyway, we all know this will turn into a ***** fest of people ganging up on someone who doesn't happen to like everything you do, so I've said my piece for tonight.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The funniest thing from all of this is, I said I hate women who are *kitten*. Never said it directly to anyone of you.

Yet you all jump in to defend yourselves from being one??

Wow. That's all I will say.

I never said anything personal against any of you, yet you all presume I'm talking about you?

In that case, maybe you subconsciously know what I'm saying is right, because you assume it's targeted at you personally.

Stop being so self centered, just because you're female doesn't mean every woman will agree with you.

If you have the right to dress whatever way you want, I should have the right to speak my mind.

You have double standards.

I never said anyone shouldn't live the way they want because they should (including me), I simply said I don't agree with it. THAT. IS. LIFE.

Did you watch the video I suggested? It's only like 7 minutes. Even if you don't agree with it, I don't think anyone here is getting through to you. Not in changing your mind but helping you to understand that this type of thinking and shaming is a serious problem that when perpetuated contributes to the abuse of women. It's a HUGE problem within sexism. And doll, you're definitely sexist.