Running. An avoidance behavior?

12345679»

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    i run to the gym so i can lift.

i didn't just say that cuz it's clever. I actually do it. It's a great warm up :)

also lifting made my running way better.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    I'm not trying to dim anyone's candle I'm just trying to get people to deal with their problems head on!

Instead of people having a calm and rational discussion everyone wants to attack me!

No-one's attacking you. They just don't agree with what you're saying, and I think this thread is quite calm and rational.

I don't even run. I lift weights. I just don't agree with what you're saying.

As I said earlier, I disagree with the OP, but he is being savagely attacked for simply expressing his beliefs - and we're all different, maybe running all day and doing no resistance training is right for you, but it's not for OP, and we don't need an entire forum full of people tearing him to shreds because of PERSONAL biases.

But he's not simply expressing his beliefs. He's using insulting and belittling statements like we run from our problems and running decreases one's manlihood. So, yeah...he's going to get attack for stuff like that.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    I love the idea that kettlebell lifting (aka panini press snatches I referenced) is supposed to make your more assertive. Need a raise? Just picture yourself lifting a panini press 10 times. Then you'll have the confidence to do it! Don't picture yourself winning a race.. no way dude... how's that going to help?

I actually think of kettlebells as more of a George Foreman Grill and those are clearly assertive.

Panini presses are way more assertive than running as you're pressing down, creating tension and pressure, and making a delicious sandwich at the same time.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.