My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I need a thigh gap to make myself feel pretty.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!
    Honestly, size 0 exists because of vanity sizing. If they called a size 0 a size 4, they'd have to bump up all the other sizes and I don't see people being very happy about that. A US women's size 0 is not really all that small anymore, especially in some stores! If that size just didn't exist then a lot of people wouldn't have clothes that fit them!
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    I have curves (hips, butt) and with very little fat I still can't get below a size 6. I do own a few pairs of size 4 shorts, but that is absolutely the smallest. I would love to loose another 5-10 lbs, but with the way my body is shaped, I will more than likely be in the same size clothing. Really my goal is to be tight and toned.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was a size 0 when I was 19 years old. I was not sickly or underweight. I was active and into MMA at the time. I was bad *kitten* and had a lot of muscle lol. I'm also very petite (between 5'0 and 5'1) When I weigh as much as I do now (around 150) I look really overweight and unhealthy. Bodies come in so many different shapes and sizes and what is healthy for one person may not be healthy for another.

Oh, and even at that size, I still rocked some wicked curves. My boobs were around 28F at the time and are much bigger atm. I'm glad they're shrinking with the rest of me!
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was a size 0 when I was 19 years old. I was not sickly or underweight. I was active and into MMA at the time. I was bad *kitten* and had a lot of muscle lol. I'm also very petite (between 5'0 and 5'1) When I weigh as much as I do now (around 150) I look really overweight and unhealthy. Bodies come in so many different shapes and sizes and what is healthy for one person may not be healthy for another.

Oh, and even at that size, I still rocked some wicked curves. My boobs were around 28F at the time and are much bigger atm. I'm glad they're shrinking with the rest of me!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: Thanks!! We are not freaks lol
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started out as a size 18 last summer and am now between an 8 an 10. I may be done when I am actually an 8 but I may keep going until I am a 6. I'll have to see how I look.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I looked anorexic at 114 lbs, and I was wearing a size 2. I would like like a downright skeleton at a size 0. I haven't worn that since I was thirteen. Right now, I'm floating between an 8 and a 10, and would like to be a size 6 again. I'm 5'7", and that's about right for me and my bone structure.
    I'm 5'6" and 125, and I wear a 2 now. I think sizes have gotten bigger in the last 10 years or so! But body shape and composition as well as frame size all make a difference too.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I thought different manufacturers were a bit different with sizing typically anyway so aiming for a "size" is a bit subjective.

My goal: strong as fark, low BF and my best weight seems to be around 80-82kg. (allows maximum strength and still good overall fitness and good for bar stuff)
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    Size 8 is my goal. It's the smallest I've ever been (after going through puberty, of course!). The women in my family are generally bigger built. We always weigh more than we look like we do. I think much smaller than an 8 and I would look sickly. If I happen to get to an 8 and think I could go down another size, then we'll see. At the moment I'd be happy to get back to my size 10s.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I feel most comfy at a size 6....I have a long way to go....I will get there though =)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    at least you didn't knock those who are a size 0. Size 0's can still have curves, though. :wink:

Very true....I'm not a 0
    But...
    I'm the smallest I have ever been. In middle school and High school I was a 7/9
    I'm now a 2/4..never thought I would ever be as small as I am....never!

When I started this back in Aug as I wanted to do was get back down to a 9/10...and look at me now...I'm 45 and I got it going on :)
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years old and I would happilly be either a size 6 or 8.
    My curves rock!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My original goal, when I was 5'4", 265 and a size 20/22 was a 10. I even bought a size 10 pair of jeans and hung them in my closet. I wore them the other day, and I had about 1/2" of muffin top, so when that is gone, I think I'll look pretty awesome. As long as I can shop anywhere I want, have muscle rather than jiggle and think, "Damn I look hot!" when I'm standing in front of a mirror in my underwear, I'm happy. Size and weight are just numbers.
  • MsTiffany_
    MsTiffany_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would look right as a size 0, I don't want to be any smaller than a 8 :)
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body build. i have a friend who is a size 0 and she looks perfectly healthy and strong.

Personally I am looking forward to being in a size 14-16 for starters...as that way I should be able to shop at most stores. Being limited on the stores I can shop in is no fun and means that often I can't find what I am really looking for and have to settle.

Ultimate goal? I am not sure, but honestly I think i'll focus more on how I feel and look and I will know when I get to the right weight. Getting to a single digit size seems so far off at the moment that I can't even imagine ever being a size 8. But we will see, stranger things have happened!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10". Size 0 never has been, nor ever will be, a goal for me. Frankly, I'm happy if I can wear an 8.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I thought different manufacturers were a bit different with sizing typically anyway so aiming for a "size" is a bit subjective.

My goal: strong as fark, low BF and my best weight seems to be around 80-82kg. (allows maximum strength and still good overall fitness and good for bar stuff)
    that's generally true, but it can be helpful if you wear the same brands a lot. When I started, my goal jeans were size 2 jeans from American Eagle that I bought more than 5 years ago and hadn't been able to wear in a long time. Those jeans fit now and I still use American Eagle as my basis for size comparison, since I know that I was about a 14 there when I started!
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Currently I am a size 7 in pants. But I am one of those people who have pretty small legs, so my size 7 fits in the waist but is baggy everywhere else. :/ I remember being a size 4/5 and that was more comfortable/form fitting on my legs, so I wouldn't mind being that size again. :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm a 6/8 right now. fairly happy with my size but not with the way i look naked. i'm gonna keep strength training so i can see some abs...and keep doing cardio because i love the feeling of burning calories and breaking a sweat :) xoxo

Ditto. I'm wearing a 6/8 depending on the brand and still losing because I would like to look better naked. I don't know what size I will end up at and I don't really care.

ETA: I'm 5'7'' and have a "large" frame and curvy build (small waist, bigger chest and hips). At goal, I'll probably end up in a 4/6 depending on brand and cut, etc...
  • itsasecret22
    itsasecret22 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'll be happy with a size large/14(is that what goes with a large?). Just want to shop in the "regular" section.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!