My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options
1234568»

Replies

• NoMoreturningback
    Options
    Just by reading the first few posts I could tell this Topic was not going to go so well. Honestly in my opinion, who cares what size anyone is? It shouldn't be about seeing what size you'll eventually fit in..it should be about feeling beautiful in your skin and being healthy..isn't that what getting fit is about? I mean don't get me wrong, I love clothes just like any other gal...but you can't go by pants size everyone is shaped different...I've seen women who appear to be the same size but may be 2 to 3 pants sizes different...So who cares if you're a zero and who cares if you're a 10..just be happy with your accomplishments and your amazing bods..haha i'm going to step down from my soapbox now. good day!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm comfortable at a size 12 right now... I would be happy at a 10.... Over joyed at a size 8.

Never below an 8 though.. I don't think i would look curvalicious anymore! =)

:flowerforyou:
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    I looked anorexic at 114 lbs, and I was wearing a size 2. I would like like a downright skeleton at a size 0. I haven't worn that since I was thirteen. Right now, I'm floating between an 8 and a 10, and would like to be a size 6 again. I'm 5'7", and that's about right for me and my bone structure.
    I'm 5'6" and 125, and I wear a 2 now. I think sizes have gotten bigger in the last 10 years or so! But body shape and composition as well as frame size all make a difference too.
    Sizes have definitely changed! My stats are similar to yours (5 5 124lbs 35 23 36) and a gaps 0 high waisted skirt had to be taken in. Its ridiculous. Its hugely vanity sized! I'm not a 0! Anywhere! Nor am i less than a 0! I'm a 2 on my best days!
  • see_turtle
    see_turtle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My success will be a size 12. I can't wait to get there.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I looked anorexic at 114 lbs, and I was wearing a size 2. I would like like a downright skeleton at a size 0. I haven't worn that since I was thirteen. Right now, I'm floating between an 8 and a 10, and would like to be a size 6 again. I'm 5'7", and that's about right for me and my bone structure.
    I'm 5'6" and 125, and I wear a 2 now. I think sizes have gotten bigger in the last 10 years or so! But body shape and composition as well as frame size all make a difference too.
    Sizes have definitely changed! My stats are similar to yours (5 5 124lbs 35 23 36) and a gaps 0 high waisted skirt had to be taken in. Its ridiculous. Its hugely vanity sized! I'm not a 0! Anywhere! Nor am i less than a 0! I'm a 2 on my best days!
    I have heard that Gap is pretty bad about vanity sizing!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would feel good in a size 16. I would feel GREAT in a 14. I can't remember ever being smaller than that so those are the sizes I am going with right now. Can't wait until I get there :-)
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I went from a 24 to a size 10-12. I feel perfectly fine just the way I am right now because when I look at the bigger picture, it's a HUGE improvement from what I was before.

I read somewhere that the average size of a woman is 14... :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 36-25-37 after a bulk and would like to whittle that down to 34ish-22ish-35ish if possible. Currently wearing mostly 6's in pants and my goal measurements put me in the 0-2 range. I will be curvy if I get there--hourglass shape stays regardless of weight.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from size 22 to my current size 10, quite curvy, thick, etc... I never really had a size as a goal... but I knew certain numbers that were where I knew I looked good and wanted to be at... cept this time the numbers and sizes do not match...

for example... I wore a size 8 when I was 130 pounds...
    today I wear a size 10 and I weigh 169 pounds

obviously my numberical goals are going to change ( I still havent decided to what)

One thing I am sure of that size 10 isnt looking great yet....

so while I doubt it will be size 0, dont cut yourself short... you may feel liek I do, at size 10... need to go a bit further... no matter what idea you have in your head, you will not know for sure til you get there...

I also think the " I look good at XX & XX" is a cop-out for MOST ladies.... because they do not have confidence to imagine themselves getting smaller

^^^Totally agree!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I need a thigh gap to make myself feel pretty.

Eff feeling pretty. I'd like to stop feeling the friction burn on my legs... that's why I want a thigh gap.

Eff being smaller. I want to be strong and agile, and stacked like a brick house Amazon princess. ;) My only reason for wanting to be lighter is so I can run faster. But maybe I can do that now.

In all seriousness, goal weights, sizes, body fat %, BMI, all that crap is basically irrelevant. Yes, losing weight and/or body fat (and getting active) will help me avoid a plethora of health problems. Yes, a more toned body will help me feel better about myself.

No, it doesn't really matter what size, weight, or body fat % I am. You will never know any of that just by looking at me. And yes, all women have curves. That's what happens when you have muscle, fat, fluid, and a skeletal system under all of that skin.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am a size 8 or 10 right now and am uncomfortable but I think my frame is meant to be smaller. My sister is small (size 2) and my mother always was until she started taking some medication that caused her to gain a lot. I would like to lose about 20 more pounds and see a size 4 I think. Definitely not a 0 that would be scary on me.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot 10, and currently in a size 10... im in no way done... i feel i could easily make it to a size 6/7
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was a size 4 in college but was too thin to even donate blood (110 lbs). That was wayyyy too thin (I was very healthy though!)

Now I'm battling hard to get back to an 8 and stay there (I always seem to gain during work travel).

I don't even think size 0 is a normal size or a normal measurement if me at a size 4 was too thin to donate blood. Just a thought.

it is a normal size if you are around 5ft tall and don't have "large" body frame :)
    As for curves, i was a 0 in my late teens early 20's and still rocked a DD cup so... there yah have it. Im much more interested in a strong body now, but i wouldn't say 0 or 00 is far fetched, or sick, for someone of my size, and im not alone :)

Nope, you're not alone! I never had the goal of getting to a size 0, it just happend. I'm 5'4'', 121 pounds, 17% bf, and a size 0. I have a small frame and still have my DD boobs! I am able to donate blood at this size as well! I don't often because my veins collapse - but that has ALWAYS happened, even when I was 215 pounds.

My success was determined not by the weight on the scale or the size of my clothes but by how I felt, I far I could run, and how much I could lift. I'm in the best shape of my life and I love it!
  • Tinyfigure
    Tinyfigure Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am very very small boned. At my heighest weight, I was an american size 2. Thats not as small as it sounds when you have a tiny little structure. With 10lbs down I could fit comfortably in a zero while still having a healthy BMI:
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was a size zero with BMI within the 'normal' range. I had my curves even then, big boobs, waist, hips etc. The whole sizing thing is entirely dependant on build, I've got a friend who looks flipping fabulous in a size 14. Being comfortable in your skin is what's important.
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    I was a size 0 when I was struggling with anorexia. I was not happy at that weight or size because I wasn't healthy. I would love to be a size 8 or 10. I was happiest at that size. I looked good at that size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!