Girls - your first thought when..

Options

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Well it has never happened to me, but I would honestly be super shy and embarrassed, thinking more about what he's doing talking to me instead of a woman more suited for him.

It would be once in a blue moon that that would happen to me...

^^^^^This!
    Yep, never happened to me either!
  • bug1106
    bug1106 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    a few things run through my mind like, um will this be where he spends all his time, will he be more into the mirror than me, will i have to sneak chocolate and eat salads all the time... Then I wake up cause no guy like that hits on me. thats okay, my husband wouldn't like that too much anyways. ;)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't really have experience with that.

Depends on the situation

Would you be walking up to me with your shirt off?
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    a good looking man is intimidating, I'm not gonna lie. I never would have approached my husband had we not met online. I have always considered him "one of the beautiful people" and me, not so much. I have realized that not all good looking men are shallow and conceited. There are men out there that want a real woman with a real personality. That is why I said that is depends on the approach of the man. Besides, at the end of the day we all get old and looks fade. That isn't really what is important in life.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    But, buff/fit guys probably wont hit on me anyways, so I have nothing to worry about!

Dr Chimpanzees wife?
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It would depend on his approach...honestly, in my area, if they are like super buff they're also super outgoing - I'll ask questions

Never been hit on so wouldn't know how to react....probably stutter and make an *kitten* of myself
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

interesting. this is kind of what i was wondering.

Spill it..You hit on someone and didn't get the reaction you were hoping for?
    [/quote]

no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,
    [/quote]

^ this, I don't know where it came from (probably the media we see all the time) but it's a feeling of being inferior than what "he" would be looking for since he's in such good shape.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    you see a fit/muscular guy, or get hit on by a guy like that do you instantly think he is narcissistic or shallow cuz he's buff? or do you just think, cool that guy has a nice body?

Nope. He has to talk first before I can make that ascertainment. Prior to that, I'm probably thinking..Oh, tasty.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I married him thats how I handled it :laugh:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    a good looking man is intimidating, I'm not gonna lie. I never would have approached my husband had we not met online. I have always considered him "one of the beautiful people" and me, not so much. I have realized that not all good looking men are shallow and conceited. There are men out there that want a real woman with a real personality. That is why I said that is depends on the approach of the man. Besides, at the end of the day we all get old and looks fade. That isn't really what is important in life.

Dang...glad I read this before the junk pic FR.... :smokin:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Depends....have to wait until he opens his mouth. Can't stand when they're cocky, arrogant or dumb.....of course that applies to guys with all different body types.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    But, buff/fit guys probably wont hit on me anyways, so I have nothing to worry about!

Dr Chimpanzees wife?

I wish *sad face*
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    If women are anything like us their personality is the last thing on their minds.

but are they like us?
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I usually have the initial response of "Huh... are you talking to me?" And then turn around three or four times to be sure there's not someone standing behind me. haha

Yeah, it can be a little intimidating (mostly because I'm usually surprised) but it's really all about what they say/how they approach. Confidence and arrogance are VERY different. And being physically fit doesn't automatically make someone shallow, just like it doesn't make someone have a great personality/be a better person.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    :huh: Um, I don't really judge people by their body types. The first 5 words out of their mouth, yes.
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

interesting. this is kind of what i was wondering.

no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,
    [/quote]

Usually a guys actions are what makes them intimidating, not necessarily their looks (to me, anyway). If they are super hot and arrogant about it... that is a def turn off! Just act like a nice guy and not a douche and you'll be good :)
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I look for the short girl he is truly looking at and get out of the way.

Even when I was hot in my 20's muscled guys were less than interested in a relationship. I made friends with many of them and asked once why they never tried anything before we were friends and the answer I got was I was to tall:cry: I am only5'9" and most of them were 6'2" +:noway: I was told the woman had to fit just under their chin preferably below their shoulder! What gives on that?:explode:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If he's looking at himself in the mirror while hitting on me, I take a wild guess that he's shallow. If he's staring at my chest, I assume he's a boob guy. If he's smiling and we're having a mutual conversation, I assume he's a nice guy.

In all three cases, I imagine he's someone who works hard and has a lot of dedication.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I assume it's a joke and he's picking on me.

^That's a joke by the way.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If he flirts with me, I look for the rest of his buddies and/or girlfriend who is laughing and waiting for the fat lady to fall for him. Just on looks, I don't think he's a narcissist or shallow. I crush on plenty of muscular men but never dated one.