Girls - your first thought when..

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

interesting. this is kind of what i was wondering.

Spill it..You hit on someone and didn't get the reaction you were hoping for?

no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,

So you never hit on woman?
    You'd date someone that wasn't as fit as yourself?
    Since your shy..I am too..how do you go about dating?
    [/quote]

pretty simple, i dont.
    [/quote]

Username says "fishin." Methinks that speaks the truth.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, if a girl in a bikini with a great body came up and was hitting on me, I would initially think "Dafuq does this chick want?"
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

LOL- yup, that is pretty much it. I usually miss what they are saying at first b/c I am A) thinking how good they look, they must be so dedicated and B) they must be lost or something....wait, what did he just say?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    :huh: Um, I don't really judge people by their body types. The first 5 words out of their mouth, yes.

Yes when those words are "Let me pay for that"
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't really have experience with that.

Depends on the situation

Would you be walking up to me with your shirt off?

would i have better success shirtless? id be afraid that might come off a bit "douchey" if i undress before approaching.

Honestly either way I would probably turn red and not be able to talk

i am a dork

Also i would have no judgments about you based on your appearance...people are so strange when they say that they worry men in good shape spend too much time in the mirror or are in love with themselves,etc

really?

caring about yourself is a bad thing? plus it doesnt take hours upon hours to have effective gym workouts and eat to accomplish whatever your goals are.

anyway, i like to have an open mind.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    this is interesting, getting several different opinions.

Believe it or not, different women, different perspectives. :-)

There's no single sex-wide mindset.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    you see a fit/muscular guy, or get hit on by a guy like that do you instantly think he is narcissistic or shallow cuz he's buff? or do you just think, cool that guy has a nice body?

No, wouldn't think he was narcissistic or shallow at all, but I would look around to see who he was talking to.
  • Momma2PrinceNPrincess
    Options
    Yes, I do think generally women can be intimidated by buff, extremely good looking men. Any woman who isn't into herself (meaning doesn't have the belief she can get any man she wants) would probably wonder "why is this hottie talking to me?".

But, ditto what others have been saying....it depends on what comes out of his mouth. Honestly that goes for any guy, buff or not. Big ego=see ya later dude!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Woman...any female over the age of 18-20 is a woman. Personally, I prefer muscle that is built by playing a sport or doing manual work over the gym type of muscles.

LOL do you have a magic wand that tells you how mens have earned their muscle?
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    Let's flip the situation- if an attractive woman speaks to/ smiles at/ or comes up to you- do you automatically think she is flirting? Do you think she is shallow for choosing you, if she is flirting?
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    this is interesting, getting several different opinions.

That's because some women just want a play thing and some women actually want to get to know and like the person. It all depends on what you are looking for.
    Most of all women are afraid of rejection just like men are.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't judge them by the muscles, i've had very smart muscular guys talk to me, and be sweet, and be kind. Nice guys and douches come in all kind of packages. They have to open their mouth first for me to know how they truly are. And then they have to open their wallet. The end.
  • whierd
    Options
    I don't really have experience with that.

Depends on the situation

Would you be walking up to me with your shirt off?

would i have better success shirtless? id be afraid that might come off a bit "douchey" if i undress before approaching.

Honestly either way I would probably turn red and not be able to talk

i am a dork

Also i would have no judgments about you based on your appearance...people are so strange when they say that they worry men in good shape spend too much time in the mirror or are in love with themselves,etc

really?

caring about yourself is a bad thing? plus it doesnt take hours upon hours to have effective gym workouts and eat to accomplish whatever your goals are.

anyway, i like to have an open mind.

If I went up to a girl to flirt and she turned red and got shy, I would find that so endearing that I would keep trying to flirt with her.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    completely depends on his body language and what he is saying.

^^^ This
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...girls think I must be totally shy and not very confident..why they slap me, pour drinks on me and go PFFT and walk away is beyond me.....
    [/Love it!:drinker: quote]
  • whierd
    Options
    Let's flip the situation- if an attractive woman speaks to/ smiles at/ or comes up to you- do you automatically think she is flirting? Do you think she is shallow for choosing you, if she is flirting?

I would immediately think she was put up to it by a friend and was trying to mock me.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If women are anything like us their personality is the last thing on their minds.

but are they like us?

Yup.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    :huh: Um, I don't really judge people by their body types. The first 5 words out of their mouth, yes.

Yes when those words are "Let me pay for that"

I would :laugh: and walk away.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I don't judge them by the muscles, i've had very smart muscular guys talk to me, and be sweet, and be kind. Nice guys and douches come in all kind of packages. They have to open their mouth first for me to know how they truly are. And then they have to open their wallet. The end.

You had me until "open their wallet". That drives me nutsssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I would be somewhat rude if I continued, but suffice it to say- men are not ATMs, and I HATE the perpetuation of the idea that women consider them to be. Yuck.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dont get hit on by men, but if I was just people watching and saw a beautiful toned man I would assume...

GAYYYYY!