Fast Food Meal Builder

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's
Crispy Chicken Sandwich (value menu) W/O Mayo- 330 calories
Small fries- 320 calories
Small chilli with cheese- 270
Diet Coke or water- 0 calories
Meal calorie total= 920 calories

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't know about entire meals but I do know that getting your sandwhiches with no cheese will save about 100 calories per slice.
  • hiyomi
    Options
    Bump~
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    920 cals for a meal and 20 minutes later, you'll still be hungry. No thanks.
  • Jmchao
    Jmchao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have you a Chick-Fli-A in your area? Ours here just started carrying a new salad I had today and it was delicious! It's called Grilled Market Salad.

From their website: "Grilled and sliced chicken breast served on a fresh bed of chopped Romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, crumbled blue cheese and a mix of red and green apples, strawberries and blueberries. Made fresh daily. Served with Harvest Nut Granola, Roasted Nut Blend and Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette (or guest’s choice of dressing)."

Just watch the salad dressing...that caught me by surprise after I had already eaten it.

Nutrition facts:
    180 Calories
    4g Fat
    4g Fiber
    8g Sugars
    25g Protein
    1.5g Saturated Fat
    0g Trans Fat
    70mg Cholesterol
    680mg Sodium
    13g Carbohydrates
    10% Iron
    10% Calcium
    230% Vitamin A
    40% Vitamin C
  • hiyomi
    Options
    920 cals for a meal and 20 minutes later, you'll still be hungry. No thanks.

I won't be hungry, but will you? o.o
  • BGSchultz
    BGSchultz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    920 calories sounds like a large amount of calories for one meal unless its a strategic re-feed or an earned cheat meal... For a regular breakfast, lunch or dinner my calories are usually half that. If it were me at Wendy's I would go with the grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and a water.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    chic-fil-a sandwhich and side salad with half the lowfat ilalian dressing and ice tea for 550 cal

McDonalds bacon ranch grilled chicken salad (no dressing) and yogurt parfait 380 cal

Taco Bell chicken cantina bowl and corn salsa (I only eat half the chips) 800 cal

Red Brick Pizza chicken pesto fhazani and small gelato 450 cal
  • hiyomi
    Options
    Subway:
    Black Forest Ham/Turkey Wheat bread, provolone cheese- 380
    Baked Lays: 160
    Brocolli and cheese soup: 140
    Chocolate chip cookie: 210
    Total: 860
  • ajv1985
    ajv1985 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's

Lol subway and wendys are fattening as hell...only real fast food is Chipotle and even then you have to be careful
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Mmmmm chipotle, I even like the burps afterwards....
  • hiyomi
    Options

Wendy's

Lol subway and wendys are fattening as hell...only real fast food is Chipotle and even then you have to be careful

Subway isn't that bad, if you order the correct things lol Don't think there is a Chipotle's around here
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Gods I miss Chipotle....*sigh*
  • ajv1985
    Options

Wendy's

Subway isn't that bad, if you order the correct things lol Don't think there is a Chipotle's around here

Ok ok...if you get the subway salad and add in your own protein. Seems like all of subways meats are highly processed and they dont give you enough, they try to fill you up on a foot long of bread lol
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Wendy's

No single food is "fattening".

I have a go to option at all of the fast food places. I don't particularly like greasey stuff anyway so my preferences tend to be lower cals. (so I get more of them :smile:)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Subway: 6" turkey w/ spinach, green peppers, tomato and mustard. Don't feel like a horrible person for eating fast food. I try to stay away from fast food, to so I pack a lovely, healthy lunch the night before but I get up at 5 am and sometimes I walk right out the door and forget it! I work 12 hour shifts and not eating is not an option. So it is either vending machine candy and chips or fast food that I can con one of my coworkers in running to get for me. I just drink extra water and work out a little harder. :)
  • ajv1985
    Options

Wendy's

No single food is "fattening".

I have a go to option at all of the fast food places. I don't particularly like greasey stuff anyway so my preferences tend to be lower cals. (so I get more of them :smile:)

Go watch that documentary where the guy eats McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner for 30 days straight and get back to me about the "no single food is fattening". Case closed.
  • hiyomi
    Options

Wendy's

Ok ok...if you get the subway salad and add in your own protein. Seems like all of subways meats are highly processed and they dont give you enough, they try to fill you up on a foot long of bread lol

Its fast food for a reason...of course its going to be processed :P
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    He tried to eat a different item off the menu every meal, so technically eating a variety of food not just a single food.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    920 calories sounds like a large amount of calories for one meal unless its a strategic re-feed or an earned cheat meal... For a regular breakfast, lunch or dinner my calories are usually half that. If it were me at Wendy's I would go with the grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and a water.

my lunch i bring to work is usually about 900 calories everyday.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You'd find you'd be a lot less bloated in all areas of the body if you didn't have all the sodium that comes with that processing.

Once I started eating clean the weight I'd lost finally showed in my face.