Fast Food Meal Builder

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You'd find you'd be a lot less bloated in all areas of the body if you didn't have all the sodium that comes with that processing.

Once I started eating clean the weight I'd lost finally showed in my face.
    you don't have to eat clean to lose weight...you can if you want to, but it's not a necessity. And why come into a thread that's clearly not about clean eating just to promote it?
    I did not say eating clean was the only way to lose weight. Clearly what I was talking about was the sodium levels. You don't have to eat clean to lower your sodium levels.
    You mad bro?
    You specifically said that she'd be less bloated if she didn't have the sodium that came with all that processing...I just dont' get why you brought that up when it's completely off topic. No one mentioned sodium or bloating.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have gotten a little off topic, so back to posting, alternative super high calorie fast food meals pls ;~;

This wasn't a thread to bash fast food, wasn't a thread to bash me and what I choose, it was a thread for lower calorie fast food alternatives that people like to do. ^^
  • hiyomi
    Options
    wendys hamburger- 250
    small chili-+---- 2 10
    iced tea or diet coke-0
    total- 460

mcdonalds- side sald- 20
    low fat basalmic vinegerette dressing- 35
    hamburger- 250
    fruit and yogurt pafait -150
    diet coke or iced tea- 0
    total- 455

This is so much better than me T_T I have a problem with french fries, its so hard to give up ~.~ If I could I would save 100-300 calories each meal! D:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Subway:
    Black Forest Ham/Turkey Wheat bread, provolone cheese- 380
    Baked Lays: 160
    Brocolli and cheese soup: 140
    Chocolate chip cookie: 210
    Total: 860

I don't mean to sound rude but why so much food at once? Why not just the sandwich, water, and a salad? The cookies and chips and creamy soups aren't the best options when trying to lose weight

I woke up at 4PM today so technically only had a small lunch and big dinner lol I don't like eating too late. And need more calories or I would be too much in a deficit, because I also exercised for the day.
    I think people forget that we all have different caloric needs and goals. So to some 900 calories might seem like a lot for one meal, but to others it's really not!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    McDonalds : Seared Tandoori Wrap 320 cals 26P/33C/7F
    Diet coke/water: nothing

Pretty much every fast food place does a grilled chicken burger/wrap. That is what I go for 99% of the time.
  • hiyomi
    Options
    Subway:
    Black Forest Ham/Turkey Wheat bread, provolone cheese- 380
    Baked Lays: 160
    Brocolli and cheese soup: 140
    Chocolate chip cookie: 210
    Total: 860

I don't mean to sound rude but why so much food at once? Why not just the sandwich, water, and a salad? The cookies and chips and creamy soups aren't the best options when trying to lose weight

I woke up at 4PM today so technically only had a small lunch and big dinner lol I don't like eating too late. And need more calories or I would be too much in a deficit, because I also exercised for the day.
    I think people forget that we all have different caloric needs and goals. So to some 900 calories might seem like a lot for one meal, but to others it's really not!

Yes, indeed. I can eat a 900 calorie Wendy's meal and perfectly fit in a balanced breakfast, lunch and snacks. And only be at 1600 calories a day.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    920 calories sounds like a large amount of calories for one meal unless its a strategic re-feed or an earned cheat meal... For a regular breakfast, lunch or dinner my calories are usually half that. If it were me at Wendy's I would go with the grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and a water.

This...I can't fathom using more than 75% of my calories for the day on one meal. I'd make it a grilled chicken sandwich and skip the chili and the soda. I'm reading horrible things about the sweeteners in diet sodas.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    920 calories sounds like a large amount of calories for one meal unless its a strategic re-feed or an earned cheat meal... For a regular breakfast, lunch or dinner my calories are usually half that. If it were me at Wendy's I would go with the grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and a water.

This...I can't fathom using more than 75% of my calories for the day on one meal. I'd make it a grilled chicken sandwich and skip the chili and the soda. I'm reading horrible things about the sweeteners in diet sodas.

Not every one has the same calorie goal as you. Some people have more calories to spare.
  • hiyomi
    Options

Yes but you seem to be eating 1200 or less calories in a day. ^^' Like I said, this isn't a thread posting how you think 900 calorie meals are terrible. ^^
  • ajv1985
    ajv1985 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    lmao you neither of you get what im saying.

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

Point is you will struggle to be at a cal deficit eating crap all day.

No, he set out to prove that fast food will make you fat. However, he failed miserably at his attempt because of the multiple variables and all the inaccuracies of his experiment.

Bottom line? He ate too many calories. He could've made better choices and not gained the weight.

No?

He ate just the same as everyday people eat when they order fast food. Just ordered the food as it appears on the menu.

Watch this video, Rob Riches knows more about this topic than 99% of you and he had to dissect mcdonalds before he would put it in his mouth. Worth it? Absolutely not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJx9ktbFGQ8
  • stockn1
    stockn1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good grief no wonder Americans are FAT!! In the time it takes to go to the Fat Food Outlet, purchase and consume the meal, you could stop at the supermarket buy the makings for a decent meal, cook and eat it. Thus improving you nutrition for the day - less fat, sodium and calories, more necessary vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbs. Stop being so lazy! If I can do it working full time, with a family, then anyone can.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Some fast food options:

Carl's Jr:
    Charbroiled BBQ Chicken sandwich--390
    Small fries--300
    water

Total: 690 calories

Del Taco
    Value bean and cheese burrito--310
    Grilled chicken taco--220
    water

= 530 calories OR order a kids meal for ~500-600 calories

Quiznos
    Honey Bourbon Chicken = 340 calories
    Brownie = 310

=650 calories
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Good grief no wonder Americans are FAT!! In the time it takes to go to the Fat Food Outlet, purchase and consume the meal, you could stop at the supermarket buy the makings for a decent meal, cook and eat it. Thus improving you nutrition for the day - less fat, sodium and calories, more necessary vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbs. Stop being so lazy! If I can do it working full time, with a family, then anyone can.

Less sodium, less calories, and less fat are not NECESSARILY more "nutritious"...while foods that are more nutrient rich CAN and often do have fewer calories and sodium such blanket statements are implying things that are just not true.
  • hiyomi
    Options

My mother gets paid at the beginning of the month, buys groceries and we start to run out by the middle of the month. Both my parents work full time and when they get home, they prefer to go eat than make food or go out and have to buy food. I offer to go out and buy groceries but they rather go out. I make food when I can at home, but when we run out of food here, its go eat with my parents or don't eat. My parents make the money, and I have no decision over what is to be eaten. If you have a problem with this, too bad. I feel bad for people like you that just bash others on a whim. My family has always been one to go out than stay home and make food, kudos to you if you are different, I won't bash you about it though. If you really think going out to a super market, walking around the entire thing, coming home putting up groceries, and then having to make the food is easier than going somewhere eating and coming back home, you are mistaken. The point is not being lazy, the point is this is what you are saying is the same thing and not as tire some as the other. ^^
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options

This was extremely disrespectful. Just because you decide to make your own meals, it doesn't make it wrong for someone to go buy fast food.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wendys

2 double stacks
    Diet coke

880 csls
  • hiyomi
    Options
    Wendys

2 double stacks
    Diet coke

880 csls

Another reason I want to be a body builder. xD
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

No, he set out to prove that fast food will make you fat. However, he failed miserably at his attempt because of the multiple variables and all the inaccuracies of his experiment.

Bottom line? He ate too many calories. He could've made better choices and not gained the weight.

No?

He ate just the same as everyday people eat when they order fast food. Just ordered the food as it appears on the menu.

Watch this video, Rob Riches knows more about this topic than 99% of you and he had to dissect mcdonalds before he would put it in his mouth. Worth it? Absolutely not.

I have no idea who that is but I'm going to hazard a guess that Lyle McDonald knows a little more about nutrition.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html
    This study basically backs up what I’ve been saying for years: a single fast food meal, within the context of a calorie controlled diet, is not death on a plate. It won’t destroy your diet and it won’t make you immediately turn into a big fat pile of blubber. And, frankly, this can be predicted on basic physiology (in terms of nutrient digestion) alone. It’s just nice to see it verified in a controlled setting.

It’s not uncommon for the physique obsessed to literally become social pariahs, afraid to eat out because eating out is somehow defined as ‘unclean’ (never mind that a grilled chicken breast eaten out is fundamentally no different than a grilled chicken breast cooked at home) and fast food is, of course, the death of any diet. This is in addition to the fact that apparently eating fast food makes you morally inferior as well. Well, that’s what bodybuilders and other orthorexics will tell you anyhow.

Except that it’s clearly not. Given caloric control, the body’s response to a given set of nutrients, with the exception of blood lipids would appear to be more determined by the total caloric and macro content of that meal more than the source of the food.

In terms of the hormonal response, clean vs. unclean just doesn’t matter, it’s all about calories and macros.

Which is what I’ve been saying all along.
  • ajv1985
    Options
    Wendys

2 double stacks
    Diet coke

880 csls

Another reason I want to be a body builder. xD

:ohwell:
  • ajv1985
    Options

No?

I have no idea who that is but I'm going to hazard a guess that Lyle McDonald knows a little more about nutrition.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html
    This study basically backs up what I’ve been saying for years: a single fast food meal, within the context of a calorie controlled diet, is not death on a plate. It won’t destroy your diet and it won’t make you immediately turn into a big fat pile of blubber. And, frankly, this can be predicted on basic physiology (in terms of nutrient digestion) alone. It’s just nice to see it verified in a controlled setting.

It’s not uncommon for the physique obsessed to literally become social pariahs, afraid to eat out because eating out is somehow defined as ‘unclean’ (never mind that a grilled chicken breast eaten out is fundamentally no different than a grilled chicken breast cooked at home) and fast food is, of course, the death of any diet. This is in addition to the fact that apparently eating fast food makes you morally inferior as well. Well, that’s what bodybuilders and other orthorexics will tell you anyhow.

Except that it’s clearly not. Given caloric control, the body’s response to a given set of nutrients, with the exception of blood lipids would appear to be more determined by the total caloric and macro content of that meal more than the source of the food.

In terms of the hormonal response, clean vs. unclean just doesn’t matter, it’s all about calories and macros.

Which is what I’ve been saying all along.

Bro who cares what a scientist says in his study...rob riches walks the walk and looks the part (top fitness model), ill trust him and you trust that guy.