Fast Food Meal Builder

Options

Replies

• ajv1985
    ajv1985 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yeah he got really fat, so technically everything he ate at Mcdonalds for 30 days was terrible for his health.

Yes you could even lose weight eating mcdonalds every day if you were at a calorie deficit...but you would be starving hungry cause that crap does not fill you up. I would rather eat clean and be full and lose weight than be starving eating crap and lose weight.

This is why i say most fast foods are fattening...now if you're having a cheat meal that's a diff. story :happy:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's
    Crispy Chicken Sandwich (value menu) W/O Mayo- 330 calories
    Small fries- 320 calories
    Small chilli with cheese- 270
    Diet Coke or water- 0 calories
    Meal calorie total= 920 calories

Lol subway and wendys are fattening as hell...only real fast food is Chipotle and even then you have to be careful

I once found an animal claw in my Chipotle burrito. They offered me a new burrito. I have yet to return there.
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Go watch that documentary where the guy eats McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner for 30 days straight and get back to me about the "no single food is fattening". Case closed.
    The reason he gained so much weight was he was (reportedly) consuming approximately 5000 calories/day and basically living a sedentary lifestyle.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's

Lol subway and wendys are fattening as hell...only real fast food is Chipotle and even then you have to be careful

No single food is "fattening".

I have a go to option at all of the fast food places. I don't particularly like greasey stuff anyway so my preferences tend to be lower cals. (so I get more of them :smile:)

Go watch that documentary where the guy eats McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner for 30 days straight and get back to me about the "no single food is fattening". Case closed.

Go watch the documentary where the professor eats nothing but Twinkies and pastry cakes for 10 weeks straight and still loses 27 lbs then get back to me with your logic. Case Closed.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Dude from McDonalds got fat because he was eating more than he was burning...not because it was McDonalds. But nice try on the scare tactic. He stopped doing is usual workout routine when he started the "experiment."
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Wendy's

No single food is "fattening".

I have a go to option at all of the fast food places. I don't particularly like greasey stuff anyway so my preferences tend to be lower cals. (so I get more of them :smile:)

That one was called Super Size me.

The rebuttal was called Fat Head (which was ok until he started demonising carbs)

You might want to check some more reliable sources of information. Try here for a start. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-energy-balance-equation.html
  • ajv1985
    ajv1985 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    lmao you neither of you get what im saying.

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

Point is you will struggle to be at a cal deficit eating crap all day.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food pretty frequently also, but I try to keep my total around 400 calories for a meal...every so often maybe 600 but that's rare. Basically I just get one thing, instead of several. If I'm at Burger King, I'll get a whopper jr. without cheese and that's all. Mcdouble or McChicken at McDonalds, 2 soft tacos or a taco and cheesy fiesta potatoes at Taco Bell, Beef n Cheddar at Arby's. Skipping sides and getting just one thing is a really easy way to eat fast food without going calorie crazy.

I know that's not reasonable for some people, but it doesn't take a lot to fill me up and I usually eat smaller meals.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

Wendy's

there's no one specific type of food that is "fattening." it's all about how many calories you eat.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    You'd find you'd be a lot less bloated in all areas of the body if you didn't have all the sodium that comes with that processing.

Once I started eating clean the weight I'd lost finally showed in my face.
    you don't have to eat clean to lose weight...you can if you want to, but it's not a necessity. And why come into a thread that's clearly not about clean eating just to promote it?
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

No, he set out to prove that fast food will make you fat. However, he failed miserably at his attempt because of the multiple variables and all the inaccuracies of his experiment.

Bottom line? He ate too many calories. He could've made better choices and not gained the weight.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Subway:
    Black Forest Ham/Turkey Wheat bread, provolone cheese- 380
    Baked Lays: 160
    Brocolli and cheese soup: 140
    Chocolate chip cookie: 210
    Total: 860

I don't mean to sound rude but why so much food at once? Why not just the sandwich, water, and a salad? The cookies and chips and creamy soups aren't the best options when trying to lose weight
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    920 caleries thats cvcrazy i can do way better
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You'd find you'd be a lot less bloated in all areas of the body if you didn't have all the sodium that comes with that processing.

Once I started eating clean the weight I'd lost finally showed in my face.
    you don't have to eat clean to lose weight...you can if you want to, but it's not a necessity. And why come into a thread that's clearly not about clean eating just to promote it?
    I did not say eating clean was the only way to lose weight. Clearly what I was talking about was the sodium levels. You don't have to eat clean to lower your sodium levels.
    You mad bro?
  • starladolihite
    starladolihite Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The guy in the "Supersize Me" would have been just as bad off, if he had done that at any of the other fast food restaurants or even fine dining ones for that matter! At least when it comes to fast food, McDonalds does offer some choices.... good salads, grilled chicken options on wraps... use little or no sauces and dressings ...you can always ask them to leave off the cheese and sauces that are usually added to sandwiches and you can take off one or both slices of bread as well.
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

The experiment is flawed because of the methodology, but he was not necessarily eating all of the calories. If you drink a 42 oz Coke (like he did on the occasions when he had to Super Size), that's damn near 700 calories itself.

I don't think anyone is arguing that eating 1000 calories in a sitting from Jack In the Box isn't going to do you any favors, but it's not a recipe for weight gain in and of itself. Of course, weight is just one metric that should be used in determining the health of a person and diet.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    My go to meal at Wendy's:

Grilled Chicken Sandwich Plain w/ a small chili

560 cals/62 Carbs/51 Protein/15 Fat/8 Fiber

I like to dip the sandwich in the chili!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Subway:
    Black Forest Ham/Turkey Wheat bread, provolone cheese- 380
    Baked Lays: 160
    Brocolli and cheese soup: 140
    Chocolate chip cookie: 210
    Total: 860

I don't mean to sound rude but why so much food at once? Why not just the sandwich, water, and a salad? The cookies and chips and creamy soups aren't the best options when trying to lose weight

I woke up at 4PM today so technically only had a small lunch and big dinner lol I don't like eating too late. And need more calories or I would be too much in a deficit, because I also exercised for the day.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OMG...Just OMG!!!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Why is every one bashing the OP?

Pretty cruel if you ask me.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options