Fast Food Meal Builder

Options

Replies

• HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My husband and i had taco bell last night. Sorry but after working 2 jobs (neither sedentary) from 6am to 9pm, I didn't have the energy to cook.

2 fresco chicken soft taco
    Cals: 300
    Fat: 7
    Carbs: 36
    Protein: 22

Side of black beans and rice
    Cals: 200
    Fat: 4.5
    Carbs: 33
    Protein: 6

Totals for meal: 500calories, 11.5g fat, 69g carbs, 28g protein

I have to take in more sodium than most people on here because I am hypotensive.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    920 calories sounds like a large amount of calories for one meal unless its a strategic re-feed or an earned cheat meal... For a regular breakfast, lunch or dinner my calories are usually half that. If it were me at Wendy's I would go with the grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and a water.

This...I can't fathom using more than 75% of my calories for the day on one meal. I'd make it a grilled chicken sandwich and skip the chili and the soda. I'm reading horrible things about the sweeteners in diet sodas.

My dinners alone are over 1000 calories most of the time. Even when i was losing i had plenty of calories to have a large meal. I chose not to drastically restrict calories to lose. I mean do you really think everyone has the same calorie goal as you?

I love when these topics come up, if you look at the replies, most of the time the people against fast food haven't loss much weight and the ones who have say "just make it fit and move on".

Yet those people are still told they are wrong....
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Good grief no wonder Americans are FAT!! In the time it takes to go to the Fat Food Outlet, purchase and consume the meal, you could stop at the supermarket buy the makings for a decent meal, cook and eat it. Thus improving you nutrition for the day - less fat, sodium and calories, more necessary vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbs. Stop being so lazy! If I can do it working full time, with a family, then anyone can.

You only work one full time job and take care of a family? You are so lucky to have it so easy, and then you can find time to judge others. Good for you!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Op's post -> some helpful replies -> lots of fast-food hatred-> mention of Supersize Me -> BroScience -> butthurt -> thread gets locked.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    My go to meal at Wendy's:

Grilled Chicken Sandwich Plain w/ a small chili

560 cals/62 Carbs/51 Protein/15 Fat/8 Fiber

I like to dip the sandwich in the chili!

oh man.
    must...have...today.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My fave go-to "fast food" option is @ Chipotle: Burrito bowl made with fajita veggies, chicken, pico, and lettuce = 235 cals. Add guac for another 150 calories SUPER filling
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Bro who cares what a scientist says in his study...rob riches walks the walk and looks the part (top fitness model), ill trust him and you trust that guy.

lolololoolololololololololololololoolololololol

Broverload.

surely trolling.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    lmao you neither of you get what im saying.

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

Point is you will struggle to be at a cal deficit eating crap all day.
    If you think this is true, then you never actually watched the documentray, or you completely missed the point. He ate McDonald's 3 meals a day. He ordered a meal, and if they asked him to supersize it, he said yes. Otherwise he took the regular meal. He was NOT eating at all normally, he ordered very specific things and meticulously planned his meals out.

He was not eating 500 calories a day because he was starving on fast food, he ate 5000 calories a day because he planned to eat 5000 calories a day.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    For the OP.

McDonald's breakfast (pick one):
    1) 2 orders scrambled eggs - 340 cal, 2 carb, 22 fat, 30 protein
    2) Egg McMuffin - 300 cal, 15 carb, 12 fat, 18 protein

McDonald's lunch or dinner:
    Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich w/no mayo - 300 cal, 41 carb, 3.5 fat, 27 protein I add a packet of light mayo (so I can actually control how much mayo I get) which adds another 45 cal & 4 fat.

I personally cannot eat french fries--too many carbs for me & they are a total trigger food. Once I start eating them, I don't stop. I try to keep all of my meals less than 400 calories & I can generally find something to eat at any fast food place--I love fast food. I am soooooooooo LAZY & I hate to cook. I have McDonald's for breakfast nearly every day after I drop my kids off at school & on weekends I will usually skip that meal because I don't want to bother making something.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Not fast food, but my wife really likes this one:

IHOP
    Simple & Fit Mushroom and Tomato omelette, 330 cals
    replace the fruit with 2 pancakes, 1 tbsp old fashioned syrup, (-80 for fruit, + 220 for pancakes, +110 for syrup
    side of 2 strips of turkey bacon, 50 cals
    630 cals
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The big killer for me when I eat out is the sodium!! For instance, last night we went to Chili's and I ordered the petite sirloin with broccoli and the calorie amount was only 250, but the sodium was outrageous (don't remember exactly, but somewhere around 1,200 or more). I have found that the healthiest sounding meals when eaten out are just loaded with sodium and I do not lose if I have too much sodium - something I have never known with previous weight loss ventures. Thank you MFP!!!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's Fresco Bean Burrito has 350 cal and 9g of fiber. Even the regular bean burrito only has 20 more calories. How many I order depends on how many calories I have to spend :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    The big killer for me when I eat out is the sodium!! For instance, last night we went to Chili's and I ordered the petite sirloin with broccoli and the calorie amount was only 250, but the sodium was outrageous (don't remember exactly, but somewhere around 1,200 or more). I have found that the healthiest sounding meals when eaten out are just loaded with sodium and I do not lose if I have too much sodium - something I have never known with previous weight loss ventures. Thank you MFP!!!

The sodium masks weight loss because it causes you to retain water. Going back to normal levels and upping water intake should resolve that.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I appreciate what you're trying to do, but really, I can prepare this same meal in 1/2 hour and it will be much healthier. If you do some thinking ahead you can even do this in less time. If I don't have a 1/2 hour to spend toward my healthy diet, then I have more issues than just time constraints. This thread will no doubt help someone, but it's not for me.:smile:
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Better things to do than argue about diet, work, time etc. Eat what you want, lose what you can. The important thing is to stay the course. If it takes longer than some, so be it. Be honest with yourself and respect others. You can't spend other's money, lose other's weight or live other's live. Peace to all, great site with great people on board.:happy:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My goodness--is everything taken as an opportunity to come off as holier than thou--if you don't like/don't eat fast food then good for you! There are plenty of people who do and your condescending, unsolicited judgment is not useful. Don't post if you have no useful information to provide.

I personally rarely eat fast food but I do eat at restaurants--in fact, I'm eating out every day this week! I am working at a law firm where that is the culture of the summer--summer associates get taken out to lunch/dinner quite frequently. I think it's awesome!! I'll order the healthiest thing that appeals to me this week--because my wedding is this weekend--and starting next week I'll order whatever it is I truly want and adjust dinner to accommodate any calorie dense meals I had during the day--to me, that makes sense! I don't understand the mentality that you can't eat what you want of truly enjoy good and reach your goals; that's absolutely false! My goal this summer is to eat the way I described and lose 5 pounds in the process--it might take 10-15 weeks but I'm
    Fine with that.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I usually would just go to McDonalds and get Fillet-o-fish, or chicken nuggets (6 pcs), or Mcdouble.. which should be under 500cals.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The apple pecan salad way fresher and healthier and delicious
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The apple pecan salad way fresher and healthier and delicious

Is that from McDonald's? I "miss" the McD in the USA, there are so many more salad choices. I remember having the southwest chicken salad in Texas once! McD salad here is simply some kidney beans, sweet corns and some pathetic pieces of iceberg lettuce.
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love when these topics come up, if you look at the replies, most of the time the people against fast food haven't loss much weight and the ones who have say "just make it fit and move on".

Yet those people are still told they are wrong....

Using weight lost isn't necessarily a valid comparison. It's very possible (maybe even probable) that people who are averse to eating fast food don't have much (if any) weight to lose.

I eat fast food a few times a month, but at the same time, I would not advocate that anyone eat it--particularly if you're trying to lose weight. Should my opinion be discounted simply because I am only trying to lose 20-30 lbs instead of 150? What if I was just looking to stay at the same weight?