Soldier beheaded in streets of london....

Options

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Too bad there was not an armed citizen nearby who could have helped this poor man. Lord have mercy.

Hard not to read as "Someone has died! Agenda fuel! What a great opportunity to peddle my views on a completely unrelated topic of gun control!"

You seem surprised!

Yorkshire lass here :drinker:

We don't need guns in Yorkshire, we have tea and cake. /doffs cap
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Too bad there was not an armed citizen nearby who could have helped this poor man. Lord have mercy.

Hard not to read as "Someone has died! Agenda fuel! What a great opportunity to peddle my views on a completely unrelated topic of gun control!"

You seem surprised!

Definitely no guns in t'Yorkshire! where about are ya? I'm in Saltaire, West Yorks (Donny lass originally).
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    thats not terrorism, thats a guy with a machete.

BAGHDAD — A wave of car bombings and shootings hit cities in Iraq late Sunday and on Monday, killing at least 76 people and wounding more than 250, medical and security officials said. Some news agency reports put the overall toll even higher, at 86 or more dead.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/21/world/middleeast/baghdad-basra-iraq-bombings.html

no threads about that tho eh.
  • Zomoniac
    Options

You seem surprised!

Definitely no guns in t'Yorkshire! where about are ya? I'm in Saltaire, West Yorks (Donny lass originally).

I'm in Saltaire, West Yorks. Because it's where all the best people live.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

BAGHDAD — A wave of car bombings and shootings hit cities in Iraq late Sunday and on Monday, killing at least 76 people and wounding more than 250, medical and security officials said. Some news agency reports put the overall toll even higher, at 86 or more dead.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/21/world/middleeast/baghdad-basra-iraq-bombings.html

no threads about that tho eh.

Makes you want to scream eh...
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

Too rate :drinker:
  • Zomoniac
    Options

We have Fanny's, therefore we win by default.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

God, I took my mum there a couple of weeks ago :laugh: it was like taking Hyacinth Bucket in to c0ck fight
  • oskybosky4
    oskybosky4 Posts: 62
    Options
    Latest news is, all off duty soldiers ordered to 'cover up' i.e. do not wear anything that relates to help the heros. As if you can't recognise an off duty soldier no matter what they are wearing, they are fit, tanned and generally young and if there is a barracks nearby the likelihood of such a young man being is solider is very likely. This seems to be a random attack by two lunatics and unlikely to be repeated. It is horrific that this has happened on a London street. The only person to confront one of the attackers was a woman in her 50s and other women tried to protect the young mans body from further attack. The police shot the 2 men its just a pity they didn't kill them.
  • Zomoniac
    Options

God, I took my mum there a couple of weeks ago :laugh: it was like taking Hyacinth Bucket in to c0ck fight

:D I love it there. Though there's a bar at the place where I live so I tend to go there more often than not as it's 30 seconds away. At least they have Saltaire Blonde.
  • cdefries
    cdefries Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why was the soldier alone? In my military experience, we were often in pairs or larger groups. What took the police so long? I am so sad for the soldiers family.
  • vixxxen88
    vixxxen88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Saw this on the news , absolutley horrifying! Poor Poor man , going about his ways when this happens, feel so sorry for his family!

I say bring back the days of torture, I have heard there is an appeal against the police who shot the guys who had murdered the soldier for ' heavy handedness ' .. whether or not thats true is another matter , but our justice system is f**ked up!

The prime minister of Oz has the right idea!
  • nikilis
    Options

:D I love it there. Though there's a bar at the place where I live so I tend to go there more often than not as it's 30 seconds away. At least they have Saltaire Blonde.

ok, your making me want to go there. what is it exactly.... tell me more....
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I'm in.

Heartbreaking news.
    Sick sick sick men doing that to a poor INNOCENT soldier.

:cry:
  • Zomoniac
    Options

ok, your making me want to go there. what is it exactly.... tell me more....

Saltaire's a little canal/river-side village near Bradford in West Yorkshire, full of rolling green hills, Victorian mills and cute houses. And has Fanny's Ale House, the best real beer pub in the known universe.
  • Zomoniac
    Options
    Also this:

BK7-iz4CAAAvvMj.jpg:medium
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Why was the soldier alone? In my military experience, we were often in pairs or larger groups. What took the police so long? I am so sad for the soldiers family.
    Assuming he was off duty as he was in a t-shirt.

This happened all of about 5 minutes from my front door. They still have helicopters and an armed presence down there, and will likely remain so until the Mayor of London leaves.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Also this:

BK7-iz4CAAAvvMj.jpg:medium

yah, they're stirring up their own trouble. I lived in old st and was out with my friends when they tried to walk through whitechapel/aldgate etc.

what a bunch of jerks.
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I agree, ^^^ That is terrorism. One mad man and his mate attacking someone with a machete is NOT terrorism. Typical of our Country to blow things out of all proportion and create mass hysteria!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My loacl news NBC/FOw news NYC says beheaded
This discussion has been closed.